New Audioholics Forum Debug Thread

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
This thread is reserved to report bugs in the new Audioholics Forum that will go live on October 6th, 2014.

Please login to the new forum and report bugs here and include problematic URL's and screenshots whenever possible.

Thanks.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
This thread is reserved to report bugs in the new Audioholics Forum that will go live on October 6th, 2014.

Please login to the new forum and report bugs here and include problematic URL's and screenshots whenever possible.

Thanks.
By clicking on the new Audioholics link in your post?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Google Algo change happening this week. The forum migration will wait till Oct 19th. Please check back after then. thanks.

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
The forum will have ongoing bugs fixed throughout the week in this thread, please post anything you feel needs to be looked at with screen shots, browser and operating system used if possible.

Once we are happy bugs are minimal we will also be optimising the the setup including making the pages more lightweight including reducing, javascript and static file sizes/usage and integrating caching options to reduce page sizes further.

Please bear with us, it will be an ongoing process over the next week or two while we monitor usage and page load stats to make everything more efficient.

Im sure if you need anything specific @gene will pass on any requests. This setup is slightly different from vbulletin, much more streamline, modern UI and some functions im sure you will all grow to love, by default you will find the @ tagging like usernames like you would on other social platforms , rating posts or "thanks/likes" can be found by hovering over the post, you will then find some little icons which you can "like , agree" etc etc

Currently every member with over 30 posts is considered an established member, anyone below 30 posts can not yet post Links, have a signature or post on profiles ( their own or others ), this is done to keep the spam at bay. Established members pretty much have full feature sets currently.

You may notice your avatars being slightly blury, the transition has reduced the quality of the originals upon compression however if you wish to upload a new image or the old image again please do so , it will fix the blur.

Thanks for being understanding and patient.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
So far so good, except on laptops. The sidebar should drop down much sooner, or at least thin. Pic related.
Screenshot-2014-10-19-17.30.53.jpg

W

wlmmn

Junior Audioholic
Quite a few of my past posts disappeared, some of which were only two or three days ago.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
There doesn't seem to be a way to delete inbox messages
There is a way but for now it's kind of stupid. You have to open the post and exit the conversation to delete it. You can't select all to delete for now till Xenforo upgrades that.

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
Quite a few of my past posts disappeared, some of which were only two or three days ago.
Ive just checked on the old setup and none of your posts have been lost, You just may not be able to find them yet because the "search function" is still indexing all the posts, give it until the end of the day and it should be finished.

EDIT, the search index should now be complete so you should see all of your posts now when you search or click on your Total post count.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi, guys.

Is there was a direct link to "Recent Posts"? Seems like I need to hit "New Posts" and then "Recent Posts" to get the same list that a single click used to do on the old forum. If there isn't one, it would be great if you added it. I like being able to see threads that I've read in the same list.

Also, are pictures in signatures no longer allowed?

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
Hi, guys.

Is there was a direct link to "Recent Posts"? Seems like I need to hit "New Posts" and then "Recent Posts" to get the same list that a single click used to do on the old forum. If there isn't one, it would be great if you added it. I like being able to see threads that I've read in the same list.

Also, are pictures in signatures no longer allowed?

Your wish is my Command :) , Recent posts can now been seen next to the "new posts" button.

In regards to the images in signatures @gene, do you want this enabled ? If so how many images would you like for members to be able to insert ?

The only reason i turn them off by default is tidiness but easily turned on if required ?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Your wish is my Command :) , Recent posts can now been seen next to the "new posts" button.

In regards to the images in signatures @gene, do you want this enabled ? If so how many images would you like for members to be able to insert ?

The only reason i turn them off by default is tidiness but easily turned on if required ?
Sure I think it's ok to be able to have up to 2 images in the signature. Perhaps you can limit the file size to 150k or less?

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai

@gene @Rivmedia
If it matters, I'd vote no images in signatures. They're generally annoying and also increase page load times. If people want to show their systems, best way to is to make a thread in the Pros & Joes and link to it (My System, etc.) or use it as an avatar.

*edit* n/m ... I was too late to vote ;) Still leaving for 'best practices' :)

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
haha, Those are my thoughts too. Tidy and fast loading is always good. I have limited the signature images to only established members and signatures also can not be seen by guests to save resources.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
EDIT: never mind, part of that was my mistake. Wrong browser by chance had text scaling jacked up.

Last edited:
GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
This is what i get when I look at a typical forum (desktop version from phone)

The "last post" section fills up too much of the screen while the thread title gets bundled up and word-wrapped.

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
To confirm, you see this when viewing the desktop version on a mobile ? So you've gone to "view desktop version" at the bottom of the screen ? And gone off of the normal mobile version ?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis