New Audioholics Forum Debug Thread

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, the mobile version makes me feel claustrophobic since it takes it too far into the other extreme of ONLY showing the thread title.

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
Hmm strange, what phone are you using ? When i use the desktop version on my mobile i have to zoom out but the elements of the size dont scale like they have on yours , they look how they would on the desktop. If you let me know what phone you have ill see if i can replicate it

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
This is what i see when using the desktop version on my iphone :

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Update 2:

I can reproduce this issue in both Opera and Firefox. It only appears AFTER i log in. When logged out it appears as the screencap you posted.

Last edited:
Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
Update 2:

I can reproduce this issue in both Opera and Firefox. It only appears AFTER i log in. When logged out it appears as the screencap you posted.
Im thinking that Opera isnt saving the cookie which tells the browser not to use responsive mobile , and what has actually happened is that your phone has quite a high resolution so your seeing the responsive theme between breaking points.

I will be working on this tonight to narrow down breaking points for the less popular sizes.

I could be wrong but if opera was truely using the desktop version, then it wouldnt be scaling at all and you should see the full width desktop

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
Ok , I have just cut down the amount of clutter for those screen resolutions your dealing with, if it looks better now it will mean that your opera browser is indeed looking at the responsive setup and not the desktop setup. You may want to try clearing cookies and cache or if the browser is set not to accept cookies then enable them or white list this site if that is an option.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Adam, All;

If you think it's better to have no signature images then by all means remove it. I agree people can post images in threads instead.

I agree that just seeing thread titles via mobile is a bit constrained. I see the same on my iphone 5.

Perhaps a short description of each forum section can be added back like we had on VB?

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
@gene, The mobile viewing for thread titles should now be better , you may need to clear your cache on your iphone before seeing the difference though.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
When I add to a post, Post Reply, the page shows my new post. When I use Page Up to get to the top of the page, if I hold the key too long it seems to hang in some kind of loop. Page Up doesn't move the page up. Have to use the scroll bar on the right. Not a big deal, but a bug I think.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Is there an option to include/not include your signature in a post? If there is, I can't find it. I don't always include mine (at least I didn't), unless it's relevant to the subject.

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
When I add to a post, Post Reply, the page shows my new post. When I use Page Up to get to the top of the page, if I hold the key too long it seems to hang in some kind of loop. Page Up doesn't move the page up. Have to use the scroll bar on the right. Not a big deal, but a bug I think.
That had me a little confused while testing it, it turns out the reason why it wont let you scroll up is because the cursor is still in the quick reply box , so after a reply it will allow you to "page down" as far as the reply box , which you can then see the cursor blinking ready to type. A simply click with the mouse somewhere else on the page allows you to "page up" straight after replying.

If you use the keyboard in that way alot then i can understand that might be an irritant, i would think its a "by design" for the editor we use thing rather than a bug. I will look into it further though to see if i can figure out a way around it.

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
Is there an option to include/not include your signature in a post? If there is, I can't find it. I don't always include mine (at least I didn't), unless it's relevant to the subject.
Unfortunately the per post signature options has yet come into the setup, Xenforo is a pretty new setup in development so alot of the things they considered to be bloat has been left out so it can be added through either a modification or upon large amounts of requests to be added in later versions.

If you are concerned about the height of your signature , maybe a small compromise ( although not ideal ) is to wrap it in a spoiler....this will then make your signature collapsed by default.

You could always write one line in your signature like "Take a look at my Setup", then spoiler the rest as a collapsed button .

To add a spoiler simply edit your signature and wrap your signature in the following BBcode :

Code:
[spoiler] Your signature here [/spoiler]
Or you can click the little "insert" button in the editor options

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Not that many people would ever use this, but the old forum code supported [hr][/hr] for creating horizontal rules (HTML <HR> tag). I may have been the only person ever to use that, but can it be added? See halfway down the first post of this thread for an example in the wild.

Also, can [noparse][/noparse] be added into XenForo?

Edit: Never mind about [noparse][/noparse]. Google just told me to use
Code:
[plain][/plain]
to do what I want.

Last edited:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
@Riv: yes. [hr][/hr] = <HR>. Found a link. But if the effort outweighs the reward, I'm fine without it really.

One other issue to report: Currently messages can only be edited for ten minutes. Can that be increased? It was set to 24 hours before. I would really like having the time limit removed altogether, which is necessary for maintaining howtos, but I do see the appeal of limiting edits from an administrative, spam / abuse reduction standpoint. In my ideal world, posts would be editable forever, and people would make use of the "Report" function if ever needed.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Unfortunately the per post signature options has yet come into the setup, Xenforo is a pretty new setup in development so alot of the things they considered to be bloat has been left out so it can be added through either a modification or upon large amounts of requests to be added in later versions.

If you are concerned about the height of your signature , maybe a small compromise ( although not ideal ) is to wrap it in a spoiler....this will then make your signature collapsed by default.

You could always write one line in your signature like "Take a look at my Setup", then spoiler the rest as a collapsed button .

To add a spoiler simply edit your signature and wrap your signature in the following BBcode :

Code:
[spoiler] Your signature here [/spoiler]
Or you can click the little "insert" button in the editor options
Hey - that's perfect!:)

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
@Riv: yes. [hr][/hr] = <HR>. Found a link. But if the effort outweighs the reward, I'm fine without it really.

One other issue to report: Currently messages can only be edited for ten minutes. Can that be increased? It was set to 24 hours before. I would really like having the time limit removed altogether, which is necessary for maintaining howtos, but I do see the appeal of limiting edits from an administrative, spam / abuse reduction standpoint. In my ideal world, posts would be editable forever, and people would make use of the "Report" function if ever needed.
Yeah thats fine, just wanted to confirm we were talking about the same thing, i will get it integrated in the next couple of hours. Regarding the editing, i can extend the editing time no problem , i will speak to @gene and see what he thinks as a reasonable amount of time to edit, whether it be hours, weeks , months.

My reasons for not allowing it "forever" is simply experience of members in some forums becoming disgruntled and rather than contacting the moderators or administrators they see it fit to go and edit/remove content from all their posts, which obviously isnt ideal for any forum. Not to say that would happen here but the preventative is generally the cure :)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Adam;

Let's give people 48 hours to edit their posts. No need beyond that IMO. thx.

Rivmedia

Rivmedia

Administrator
@rojo

Test

Should now work, it wont show on older posts at the moment until the caches are rebuilt but works on new ones :) , Also to note you should wrap the text you wish to have the line under with the hr tags, using them as empty tags wont work as its not the correct usage for it.

@gene, Time limit on posts is now 48 hours.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis