Need suggestion about soundbar

S

sandy0edward

Audiophyte
So I have a LG Soundbar LAS550H, the wireless subwoofer is not turning on, I opened it up, there was a T5AL250VP fuse in the board which burnt as it was all black, I changed it but still the subwoofer wont power on. I want to know if I can add any other subwoofer by using some receiver or HDMI splitter kind of thing or the other option is to get a cheap soundbar like Yamaha YAS-109 and add any good car subwoofer as this soundbar has an option to add subwoofer using RCA cable. Thank you.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
So I have a LG Soundbar LAS550H, the wireless subwoofer is not turning on, I opened it up, there was a T5AL250VP fuse in the board which burnt as it was all black, I changed it but still the subwoofer wont power on. I want to know if I can add any other subwoofer by using some receiver or HDMI splitter kind of thing or the other option is to get a cheap soundbar like Yamaha YAS-109 and add any good car subwoofer as this soundbar has an option to add subwoofer using RCA cable. Thank you.
This is one of the downsides to soundbars with wireless subwoofers. You can not purchase another subwoofer that will pair wirelessly with the soundbar. I can only think of one way around this. Use the optical out of the TV to feed audio to the soundbar and use an HDMI to RCA converter to get an analogue signal out of the soundbar that can be fed to another subwoofer. To be honest, I don't know if this will work as the question is whether the soundbar will output audio to the HDMI ARC out connection when feeding audio into the optical input. You could experiment if you have a disc player or other device with optical out.

If you replace the soundbar with the Yamaha I see no reason to use a car subwoofer. That requires a 12 volt power supply and it is not designed for a large room but for a car compartment. There are inexpensive subwoofers from Monoprice and on PartsExpress that would work much better.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
You will have to buy another sound bar, get one with a wired connection so that you can use a sub of your choice. DO NOT se a car subwoofer.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Since you're looking for suggestions about the soundbar - here's my advice - don't get one.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis