W

westcott

Audioholic General
Since I've changed my system around from the old CRT tube set up with entertainment center, the sound is much, much better. It's literally like a different, and much better system. It's so much more open now. The speakers are clearly "breathing" better. Put it this way, my wife even noticed, so that says something. I feel like revisiting all of my old audio recordings to see how they sound now. So by going to a better TV and changing up the speaker arrangement, the A/V experience in my living room so much more enjoyable.
That is the main reason I really like your new AV credenza. It allows your speakers breathing room without boxing them in like some of the larger, taller units I see being used. I am glad you were able to tell the difference.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
That is the main reason I really like your new AV credenza. It allows your speakers breathing room without boxing them in like some of the larger, taller units I see being used. I am glad you were able to tell the difference.
Yeah. You know, I am surprised at how much of a difference it has made. It's the best I've heard the set up sound. It was not a subtle change. Those RT7s are great bookshelf speakers.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
New angle

Here's a slightly different angle on the new set-up. Cds and SACDs are in the rack and DVDs are in the standing cabinet to left, I just started using HDTV this week. I'm getting pretty good HD reception. I spent a fair amount of time this evening organizing the wires in the rear of the system. Very pleased so far.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Here's a slightly different angle on the new set-up. Cds and SACDs are in the rack and DVDs are in the standing cabinet to left, I just started using HDTV this week. I'm getting pretty good HD reception. I spent a fair amount of time this evening organizing the wires in the rear of the system. Very pleased so far.
It only gets better, doesn't it? Enjoy it and make sure you make time to do so with your friends. Asking them to bring the beer is a fair price to pay IMO.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
She's aweful purdy...

Can you run your speakers wires through the stands and then to the wall? It would complete the "clean look".

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I do plan to buy something else...

A better sub eventually....:p

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
From the sweet spot

A new shot from the sweet spot about 12 ft. from the screen. I couldn't pass it up since the ambient lighting was kind of cool this morning.

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
Don't be surprised if you find some of that stuff missing tommorow :rolleyes:

theif\

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
What a great set-up. That's a lot like what I'm looking to pull off.

Is your credenza something from a store, or did you have it custom made? I really like it. I'm looking to get something like that for my living room, and I haven't found exactly what I want, yet.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Adam and Wafflesomd,

Thanks very much for your compliments.

Adam, I found the credenza at a local furniture place. I think it is a unique peice of furniture though, as I've never seen one just like it before. I really like the slide out shelves on the bottom row.

Wafflesomd...I'll be on the look out for any potential intruders.;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Adam, I found the credenza at a local furniture place. I think it is a unique peice of furniture though, as I've never seen one just like it before. I really like the slide out shelves on the bottom row.
A very nice find, indeed. Good for you. I was kinda hoping for you to say, "yeah, I got it at Wal-Mart for $59.88." Oh, well. Back to the hunt. :)

Wafflesomd...I'll be on the look out for any potential intruders.;)
Just leave the TV on and put out some snacks in the living room. That should slow him down as he stops and stares at the wonder before him. "So beautiful...must make my own...." That'll give you time to decide if you want to be friends or just smack him over the head with a bat. :D

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Looks nice and simple. How do you like the Polks? I haven't heard them before?

I almost got a Samsung display but I got too good a deal on my Sharp to pass it up.

Congrats on the toy!

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Croseiv,
If I may bother you one more time...

I'm leaning towards ditching the hutch I had built for the purpose of holding the center channel speaker and just going with the base unit like you have. My room is the same as yours with a small wall and a fireplace to the right and the big wall unit just dominates the fireplace.

So you have the TV on a riser on top of the base with the center on top of the base unit.

- How tall is that riser the TV sits on?
- How tall is the center speaker?
- What is the height from the floor to the center of the screen; how big is the TV and how far away do you sit from it?

I like the clean looks of the setup and want something similar but I worry about having the TV too high if I were to use the same approach but buy a center channel speaker that is much taller than my current JBL center. Without a riser for the TV to sit on, the center would cover the bottom part of the TV; with a riser it may be too high (for me).

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
How do you like the Polks? I haven't heard them before?

I almost got a Samsung display but I got too good a deal on my Sharp to pass it up.

Congrats on the toy!
I really have enjoyed the RT7s. I've had them for 11 years, and they sound just as good now as they did when I first got them. They have very good bass extension for a bookshelf speaker. I personally think they're one of Polk Audio's best offerings in a speaker. Better than the latest RTi series stuff (at least to my ears).

Sharp is a very good choice. I very nearly got one myself, but really liked the Sammy. I'm very glad I picked it, and have not had any troubels at all. The colors and PQ are much better than my old 32" CRT.

rdb4133

rdb4133

Audioholic Intern
WOW! Now your setup is killer! :eek: Very very nice! Someday I will have something like that, when I live in something bigger than a rented 1 bedroom apartment! LOL! So is the cat a paying patron to your movie theater? haha just kidding! :)

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
WOW! Now your setup is killer! :eek: Very very nice! Someday I will have something like that, when I live in something bigger than a rented 1 bedroom apartment! LOL! So is the cat a paying patron to your movie theater? haha just kidding! :)
Thanks very much! Your system is quite good as well. :cool:

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
You've had those for 11 years?! Damn, surprised the rubber surrounds are still in tact.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
You've had those for 11 years?! Damn, surprised the rubber surrounds are still in tact.
Yep. They still perform excellently. Like I said, one of Polk's best bookshelf speakers in my opinion. Good tight bass, and airy highs. Very good imaging and sound stage. They blend well with the CSi30 center as well. The rubber surrounds are in mint condition.

A

alexsound

Audioholic
Here is a link to my system. It's far from being the best, but it certainly gets the job done. Comments are welcome. The changes hve really opened up the sound.

http://gallery.audioreview.com/showphoto.php?photo=3004&cat=2
Don't like it. Looks terrible. I think you should just get rid of the whole thing
and start over. Since I'm such a nice guy, I'll go ahead and, uh, take the whole rig off your hands. Just leave it out in front of your house.

Oh yeah. Almost forgot. Make sure you include all the cables, owner's manuals, and remote controls and that sweet looking stand, I MEAN terrible looking stand. :D:D:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis