My Klipsch Reference Series Home Theater Build

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Have a look at page 4
I hate it when people say that because I have it so that I see 40ppp (posts per page) rather than the default. So your thread is only 2 pages long to me :p :D

V

vshortt

Enthusiast
Tremendous forethought and execution. You're clearly a person who obsesses over the details. Obviously all of your pictures chronicle my belief, but the one that really stood out (believe it or not) was the one showing your couch and ottoman with the remotes all nicely arranged on the ottoman. I'd be willing to bet you pulled out a tape measure and measured distances from walls on left and right for speaker placement. I know someone exactly like that. ME! I don't have the extensive knowledge of the products that you and others around here seem to have, but I know what I like and I don't settle for anything less than perfect when performing a task. Kudos to you, man. Great job!

E

epepin

Audiophyte
This is pretty much exactly the system I'm planning to assemble in a year when we move to a new house. I'm guessing that the recent photos mean you've stuck with the Reference 7 II system, is there anything you wish it did better? Do you feel like the in-ceilings keep up with the rest of the system? Have you had any issues driving it through the Marantz 7008(?)? Are you satisfied with the single SVS PB13 Ultra, I saw that earlier you had two smaller modules? Thanks for any replies.

Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
This is pretty much exactly the system I'm planning to assemble in a year when we move to a new house. I'm guessing that the recent photos mean you've stuck with the Reference 7 II system, is there anything you wish it did better? Do you feel like the in-ceilings keep up with the rest of the system? Have you had any issues driving it through the Marantz 7008(?)? Are you satisfied with the single SVS PB13 Ultra, I saw that earlier you had two smaller modules? Thanks for any replies.
I absolutely love my system, the only complaint I have is my TV is too small. 60" just doesn't cut it. I plan on getting an 85" in the near future.

The SVS PB13 Ultra is a beast, I would love to get a 2nd one just to balance everything out. The single sub provides more then enough for the room though.

Because the RF-7 II's are so efficient the Marantz is more then capable of producing insane volume levels with ultra clear distortion free sound.

Sealman

Sealman

Junior Audioholic
I absolutely love my system, the only complaint I have is my TV is too small. 60" just doesn't cut it. I plan on getting an 85" in the near future.
80" or 85" would be nice, but a 120" would be better!

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
You used the exact color scheme I'm about to use for my basement finish! Mind if I ask what paint colors you used on your walls?

T

TheHills44060

Junior Audioholic
I do not like the Klipsch speakers or Monster power conditioner but the Marantz receiver and the entire room itself (furniture, color, atmosphere, etc...) is fantastic. Wonderful photos as well. Great job Rippy!

pg_rider

pg_rider

Audioholic
Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
Thanks man - really appreciate that! Would you say those two colors lean more towards a gray or a brown tone in person? Or somewhere right in between like a taupe? It's a little hard to tell from the pictures....
Definitely grey, the balboa most is fairly neutral and the escarpment is grey which lends itself to the balbo mist.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis