My Klipsch Reference Series Home Theater Build

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Some progress. My furniture hasn't arrived but I managed to get things hooked up. The cabinet you see is just temporary, I haven't found the exact stand I'm wanting yet.

]
No back surround speaker?;):D

I think you need a much bigger screen with all that great sound I think you will be getting. :D
Front projection maybe?

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Dude your setup looks absolutely great! Very good job & congrats on the dedicated room, sooo awesome!! You dont know how fortunate you are or maybe you do. :)

If those 2 dipoles are your only surrounds you may want to set them back a bit. But its hard to tell where you will sit so they may be fine. As far as the sub....i can tell you one thing...you arent getting the deep, low, powerful bass that your system & you deserve. So id recommend a future upgrade in the sub department. Enjoy what you have now if you cant afford it of course but keep a 15" beast or two in mind for later. You wont regret it!!!

Again, lookin good bro!!! In the words of one of our leading members of society Napoleon Dynamite: " Luckeeeeeeeey!!"

Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
Here is another HT room I did for the kids.

A Marantz receiver, LG Plasma, Shaw Gateway, Wii, Klipsch SW110 sub, & a Boston Acoustics HSI In-Wall/Ceiling 5.1 system.

, and my main floor/entertainment room with 6 In-Ceiling Boston Acoustics HSI 8" series, a Klipsch SW112 sub, run by HAI's HiFi II System. The pics only show 4, the other two are between the dining room & tech center.

Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
My reciever finally arrived. Removed my buddies equipment and hooked my stuff up. Now if only my couches would arrive.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Now that is more my taste! Simple, clean, contemporary, and elegant. I especially love the kitchen (simply stunning). Your selection in hardware is also close to my heart.

My only suggestion is to rethink your subwoofer and center channel placement and I would suggest moving the speakers a little further from the front wall. I know it may not be feasible but otherwise, a truly well executed living space. Congratulations on a beautiful home and the life of a horn owner.

I did notice something. Those chairs in the kitchen do not look like they are bar height. It could be the lens you used. Are my eyes failing me?

Last edited:
Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
Now that is more my taste! Simple, clean, contemporary, and elegant. I especially love the kitchen (simply stunning). Your selection in hardware is also close to my heart.

My only suggestion is to rethink your subwoofer and center channel placement and I would suggest moving the speakers a little further from the front wall. I know it may not be feasible but otherwise, a truly well executed living space. Congratulations on a beautiful home and the life of a horn owner.

I did notice something. Those chairs in the kitchen do not look like they are bar height. It could be the lens you used. Are my eyes failing me?
Thanks.

The chairs are the correct right hight.

caper26

caper26

Full Audioholic
your kitchen is outstanding... as is your HT room ! Have you thought of bias lighting for behind your TV? It is only about $30... My pictures suck, but you can look at them in my profile anyway. It lights up almost the entire back wall without being overly bright.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
With a room like that, why aren't you using a projector?

Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
With a room like that, why aren't you using a projector?
I wired the room for a projector but to be honest, I'm not a big fan of them. To date I haven't seen a projector that produces as good a picture as a TV.

...and the ones that do cost an insane fortune.

caper26

caper26

Full Audioholic
I totally agree. I would rather watch a blu-ray at home than go to the movies any day...because of the PQ

T

TD-Ent

Audiophyte
These are just the pics I needed to see. Your basement room is almost identical to the area I have set aside, right down to the venting in the ceiling you had to drywall around. Nice looking setup, helps build some motivation to get mine going.

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Your place is quite cluttery!!! I think it would probably be a decent system if you got rid of all that junk! Im mean, how do you even get around in that place!!? :eek:

LOL!!!

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
Incredible room and house! wish there were more pictures of the rest of the place to drool over lol

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Love it!!! Thanks for sharing.

I'd highly consider the projector. You could frame the front wall and have all the gear hidden except for an acoustically transparent screen. If you haven't looked at projectors in a while, give them another look, you might be surprised of the picture quality of the new ones (and the price).

T

thaisbeats

Enthusiast
i think thats a very sensible thing you did adding in-walls to the kids room they could too enjoy surround sound without the distraction of equipment where damage could be caused to kids by kids, equipment and pocket. Seeing less makes the room feel spacious :)

D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
I wired the room for a projector but to be honest, I'm not a big fan of them. To date I haven't seen a projector that produces as good a picture as a TV.

...and the ones that do cost an insane fortune.
Don't even think about it...just do it. If you haven't seen a projector that produces as good a picture as a TV, then you're not looking at the right ones, or most likely, you can't find someone who knows how to set up a projector correctly. It does not have to be expensive, and the experience is so much better than a TV. A basement is perfect for a projector. I would even suggest considering a 2.35 screen (although it can start to get costly when you go this route). You will never go back to a TV or 16x9 screen once you've done this. Trust me.

Anyway, beautiful house that you have there.

BTW...you think your basement HT is yours and the other one is for the kids. Just wait until they take over the basement and you're banished to the upstairs. Just ask me how I know!

Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
After 6 months of waiting my couch finally arrived!

Its 12' wide with two recliners on each end. Its super comfy, hehe.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis