My Infinity Perfect Enclosures.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I think I finally nailed the placement issues I was having.

Nearfield rear corner loaded....stacked!:D Best bass so far, the Ironhide scene is downright intense with bass I can feel in my gut.

Front stage with Rythmik subs x-over at 60hz.

My FR graph on the SMS-1 is flat as I could wish for too but I bumped up the bass +3db just because I can't get enough.

Really happy with this setup....finally.
Corner loading them together like that will give you insane results. BTW I think the Betas sound better with the grills off. Just my opinion. I also would cross them at 100hz just to be safe. The 360 center is very sweet and an amazing center IMO. With your setup you basically have the equivalent of 2 3-ways and a monster sub. I suggest you try the 100hz crossover on music.
see what you prefer. Also I suggest getting the beta's closer to the wall. You might even plug the ports and try them against the wall. It really helps with Baffle step issues. I moved my speakers onto the wall and love the results.

After hearing my speakers sealed I'm definitely a fan of that sound. I'm sure you know the advantages of a sealed design. So I won't bore you with details.

I would love to design new cabinets for the beta 20 drivers. I just need to get the parameters.

Matt34

Matt34

I need to get a in-line filter for the betas so ithe only receive 100hz and up. Then the rythmics will get from 100hz to 60hz. The bash amps on the rythmik have speaker inputs but no outputs so I'm unsure how to use the built in crossover.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
What is the cable of choice from the EP 2500 to the Kappas,I have speakon to banana but they are not quality at all ,what did I expect for six dollars and nine dollars , well I know this needs an immediate upgrade any suggestions ?

Matt34

Matt34

What is the cable of choice from the EP 2500 to the Kappas,I have speakon to banana but they are not quality at all ,what did I expect for six dollars and nine dollars , well I know this needs an immediate upgrade any suggestions ?
I'm just running monoprice 12ga speaker wire. Nice solid conection.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I run 16 gauge flat wire for all my speakers. Don't every buy flat wire or monster cable, both are a pain to deal with.

I recommend you get 16 gauge for most of your runs. If you have an extra long run then you can just biwire or get 12 gauge.

If you are worried about dogs chewing. You can also use lamp cord. It's nice and thick.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Just get your guage right according to this:

http://www.audioholics.com/education/cables/speaker-cable-gauge

and never look back. There is another chart floating around that is more forgiving. This is the one all the maniacs use. ;)

Last edited:
sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I should have been more clear when I posed my question what I was thinking about was where to plug in to the 2500,guess what I never took the black cover off the back of the 2500 I just now saw the binding posts,maybe I should just stick with wood :rolleyes: sorry guys I see now thats where you are all hooking up your wire ,are speakons just not so good or what ?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I don't remember what it looks like back there, can you use the speakons when you run bridged?

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I don't remember what it looks like back there, can you use the speakons when you run bridged?
I actually am not sure ,but I thought to run bridged its just a matter of flipping those small selector switches 0 thru 09 maybe I'm wrong but I would like to know also , do speakons leave a little to be desired or are they ok.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
You have to use the two middle (red) binding post for bridged.
I actually am not sure ,but I thought to run bridged its just a matter of flipping those small selector switches 0 thru 09 maybe I'm wrong but I would like to know also , do speakons leave a little to be desired or are they ok.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Look like I've been away for too long.....
Very good looking and....... very nice Matt :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis