adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
You could always use the "if they break" method to decide if its time for new underwear... If you drop em and they break, its time for a fresh pair.

Not recommended for speakers.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
You could always use the "if they break" method to decide if its time for new underwear... If you drop em and they break, its time for a fresh pair.

Not recommended for speakers.[/QUOTE]

Unless you're looking for an excuse to buy new ones...:D

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja

Not recommended for speakers.[/QUOTE]

Unless you're looking for an excuse to buy new ones...:D
I won't be looking to buy new speakers anytime soon....I think if I bring up that discussion/topic again not only will I need new underwear but I'll washing them too...:D

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Unexpected delivery today while at work...I was expecting them to arrive Monday...oh well... everything worked out in the end.:)

098.JPG 099.JPG

100.JPG 101.JPG

102.JPG

Last edited:
billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I would like to add the STC at some point and replace those inwalls across the front but for now I better play it safe....otherwise my wife might kill me if I bring up that subject anytime soon.:eek:

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Yeah no kidding about being careful with what is told to the mrs. My wife has always been really great about accepting all my hobie activities. However just yeaterday i mentioned: " Yeah so i think im going to start saving up so i can replace the B&Ws with some new speakers (aka Salk SongTowers!)"...that did not bode well :) Well, my plans to upgrade havent changed, but how much i talk with her about the future upgrade will be non existent! Now for my silent saving. Next time she hears anything about them will be when shes saying: " Wow these sound great!" :) Oh the tricks of the trade!!!!

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah no kidding about being careful with what is told to the mrs. My wife has always been really great about accepting all my hobie activities. However just yeaterday i mentioned: " Yeah so i think im going to start saving up so i can replace the B&Ws with some new speakers (aka Salk SongTowers!)"...that did not bode well :) Well, my plans to upgrade havent changed, but how much i talk with her about the future upgrade will be non existent! Now for my silent saving. Next time she hears anything about them will be when shes saying: " Wow these sound great!" :) Oh the tricks of the trade!!!!
Heh...exactly...we think alike....:D. Almost all of my AV purchases don't come from the household funds...I plan them in advance....:)

I thought about the Salks....but decided on the Ascends because of the trade up promo. I always wanted to hear the Sierras and last summer was the perfect opportunity...so I ordered them.:)

No Regrets...these Towers sound wonderful....;):)

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Absolutely gorgeous speakers Billy, I am sure they will perform as perfect as they look, keep us updated on your thoughts , placement ideas for the best soundstage and so on , I too would like to upgrade but I am also thinking about a new truck this spring which leaves me in a constant read and learn mode when looking at speakers, I have auditioned many brands except for your new additions and the Salks so those I go by forum friends posting , thoughts , and so on , Good Luck and Enjoy.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Absolutely gorgeous speakers Billy, I am sure they will perform as perfect as they look, keep us updated on your thoughts , placement ideas for the best soundstage and so on , I too would like to upgrade but I am also thinking about a new truck this spring which leaves me in a constant read and learn mode when looking at speakers, I have auditioned many brands except for your new additions and the Salks so those I go by forum friends posting , thoughts , and so on , Good Luck and Enjoy.
Thanks, Robert....:)

Here are some of my thoughts so far....

This weekend has been kind of whacky…with a lot of things going on which don’t even include our Super Bowl party preparations. I’ve only resided to low volume background music sessions so far and I hope to spend some more time at some point in the upcoming weeks. I've being tinkering with placement as I am currently limited but the obvious strength of the Towers vs. the Sierra 1 is the dedicated mid range even at lower volumes…to me… the vocals sound more defined or lifelike with the Towers seemingly blending perfectly with the rest of the speaker (this is not a knock against the Sierra 1’s) they just lacked that resolution or detail in that one area…IMO. Another thing I quickly noticed was how much more dynamic and with less effort the Towers fill my living room ~2700 cu/ft vs. the smaller speaker. Maybe the position of having the tweeter placement ~2” higher on the Tower vs. using the 1’s on stands had a better feel or presence/airyness about them…likely placebo…but not IMO. Lastly...the Sierra 1's had pretty well controlled & accurate bass and these Towers have to of them...not much left to say:D

I know these speaker will do me for a long time to come...I just can't image how much better the RAAL is.....:eek:

No, regrets though...Regards, Bill :)

Waiting on a detailed review... No pressure though.;)
Here is some info...sorry...I don't do well typing my thoughts...:eek:

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Good to hear you are enjoying them. Thanks for the comments!

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
These will be the last changes for some time to come....unless of course I decide on a new Funk Audio sub....:eek:

25.JPG before

&

194 (800x600).jpg after

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
I have had my eye on the Salk SongTowers & the Ascend Sierra Towers. I wish I could demo them side by side. I'm really loving how the Ascends use individual drivers in a true 3way design, specially with the center channel. Thanks for posting a pic of the new Sierra Horizon. Those look great & I can only imagine how awesome they sound!! Paired with a Funk 18.0 would be a pretty fantastic system...one very hard to beat!

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I have had my eye on the Salk SongTowers & the Ascend Sierra Towers. I wish I could demo them side by side. I'm really loving how the Ascends use individual drivers in a true 3way design, specially with the center channel. Thanks for posting a pic of the new Sierra Horizon. Those look great & I can only imagine how awesome they sound!! Paired with a Funk 18.0 would be a pretty fantastic system...one very hard to beat!

I wish to have had the opportunuity to demo them all...the reason for my decision though was easy. For some others who were on the fence the AVS GTG thread which hosted all 3 brands and in the opinions of those who took the time and shared their thoughts by posting them without any brand bias preferred the Sierras overall....;).

The 18.0 is not in my cards...I would like something to match the grain and finish of my Sierras...like a 15" dual opposed or PR design.

Ps: I can tell you with 100% certainty, it won't be this year.....or else!:eek:

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Kinda slutty in an anonymous internet poster kind of way ... it suits you! :D
Well we held our annual slut walk here in TO....I think my comments were fitting based on what transpired the other day....:D

Fwiw...I know the Sierras are not everyones cup of tea....but I try not to enter every thread and recommend them...which is often the case with some other brands as seen on these forums.;)

T

TulsaSKD

Junior Audioholic
Well we held our annual slut walk here in TO....I think my comments were fitting based on what transpired the other day....:D

Fwiw...I know the Sierras are not everyones cup of tea....but I try not to enter every thread and recommend them...which is often the case with some other brands as seen on these forums.;)
Question. How do you think the Sierra towers would work with the regular sierra-1 center?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis