STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Okay...it's being 6 months time for an upgrade....heh....:D

Only one problem, as I see it...to RAAL or not to RAAL..?

I haven't ordered them yet but have spoken to Dave and I'll likely order them within the next few weeks...another conumdrum I have is cherry or espresso....satin or gloss...some tuff decisions...stay tuned.......:p

Regards, Bill....:)
From the photos I've seen I like the satin cherry.

Does Dave have any suggestions on how to choose or is it just that the RAAL is an across the board upgrade?

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
From the photos I've seen I like the satin cherry.

Does Dave have any suggestions on how to choose or is it just that the RAAL is an across the board upgrade?
Doug...in the email I received from Dave he mentioned only limited quantities of the RAAL Towers currently in stock. This could explain why they didn't include all the finish options when they set up the photo gallery and gives you a rough idea of what you should expect. I am torn bewteen the 2 finishes and will opt for the stain finish because..IMO.. high gloss is high maintenance..lol. Btw...I was told the next timeline for the RAAL pre orders will likely be around Febuary( I would still check with Ascend)...however I am not sure I'll be going that way, so I might not have to wait until then.:)

Last edited:
T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
I thought Dave also mentioned that subsequent batches of the RAAL equipped towers were going up significantly in price?

BTW, if you get towers, I will be jealous. :D

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I thought Dave also mentioned that subsequent batches of the RAAL equipped towers were going up significantly in price?

BTW, if you get towers, I will be jealous. :D
I recall Dave talking about that. With my exchange credit this transaction is less cost prohibitive and by moving up to the RAAL it kinda takes me outta my comfort zone.:(

On a side note...if it wasn't for the holes in my current setup...I'd likely splurge for the STC...but my missus wouldn't be to wild about the idea...:D

*Alex...I tried that approach in the past...but I found out it's easier to suck up to her or ask her real nicely....:D

Last edited:
billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Update...

My Sierras are all packaged up and I'm just waiting on some return labels from Ascend. Once, the speakers arrive back to AA...I'll proceed with placing my order....I've decided on the Satin Espresso Tower...I do like the high gloss but they're a dust magnet.

PS: At this time I'll not be upgrading to the RAAL..but who know 6 months from now...I'll post some pic's when they arrive.:)

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Offically on the pre order list for the Sierra Tower in espresso satin...No RAAL upgrade at this time...yes...money was a factor and from here on out...no looking back.:)

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I wonder what kind of difference RAAL would make. Hmmmm...
Well I suppose for ~$900.00 cdn a more linear response through the mid and upper bands would be one major difference...but for my not so critically acclaimed hearing the NrT's will do just fine.;):)

Btw...nice smiley...:D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Hey Billy! I just scanned through this whole thread and it looks like you change speakers like I change my underwear. Looking forward to seeing the pics of your new towers.:)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Hey Billy! I just scanned through this whole thread and it looks like you change speakers like I change my underwear. Looking forward to seeing the pics of your new towers.:)
Once every 6-12 months whether you need to or not.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm reminded of the joke about why there are no ballerinas from Nova Scotia ...
... because when they do the splits, they stick to the floor. :eek: :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Actually, it's because they all do highland dance. ;) Not sayin' you're wrong though....

And stop derailling Billy's thread!:D

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Rock 'n Roll!:cool:

What's the first track gonna be?
Rock and roll...and plenty of it...my favorite recorded dvd is the Eagles farewell tour from down under...I had chosen it when my Sierra 1's arrived and will do the same here. Although they are not my favorite band...this dvd IMO is reference level and why I like using it.

Yeah...I wanted to go a different route and sold my RC's > Axioms for HT use and because I wanted a dedicated 2ch set up. Having auditioned some speakers locally...I always wanted to audtion offerings from Ascends and the timing was right and so I ordered the Sierras...buying Towers was always on my radar.

Ouch...I'm sure if I did the splits...I would more...then stick to the floor...:D

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis