My DIY speakers "J&N"

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I am an electric engineer,assuming I use a program (CAD ),entering data into this complex, incorrect form would take me a very long time, effort which for single production makes no sense..
The making every detail is unique, It is normal to have differences between them.
When assembling the structure, i do extra work in the interior of column, which changes volume.
It's clear that the software will not help me,mathematics - as well.
I'm trying to get closer to her alternative - the egg, so I solve the problem /as possible/with Fb ,Fc. My project is at an early stage and do not have , will not matter unless I get the right volume.

Yours assumption about volume measurement is а wrong.
I am sure I was wrong. I was relying on you to correct me being it is your project and since you did not give the answer. The "beans" comment is a light hearted way of saying; "I do not know."

"A mathematician, a physicist, and an engineer were all given a red rubber ball and told to find the volume.
The mathematician carefully measured the diameter and evaluated a triple integral.
The physicist filled a beaker with water, put the ball in the water, and measured the total displacement.
The engineer looked up the model and serial numbers in his red-rubber-ball table." :D

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
I am sure I was wrong. I was relying on you to correct me being it is your project and since you did not give the answer. The "beans" comment is a light hearted way of saying; "I do not know."

"A mathematician, a physicist, and an engineer were all given a red rubber ball and told to find the volume.
The mathematician carefully measured the diameter and evaluated a triple integral.
The physicist filled a beaker with water, put the ball in the water, and measured the total displacement.
The engineer looked up the model and serial numbers in his red-rubber-ball table." :D[/QUOTE

Thank you, I did not know this metaphor!
Very convenient to get out of an awkward situation and resourceful!

The right answer :
"..The physicist filled a beaker with water, put the ball in the water, and measured the total displacement...." A method discovered 2500 years ago by Archimedes.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Thank you, I did not know this metaphor!
Very convenient to get out of an awkward situation and resourceful!

The right answer :
"..The physicist filled a beaker with water, put the ball in the water, and measured the total displacement...." A method discovered 2500 years ago by Archimedes.
Is not awkward, is fun! Archimedes principle/fluid dynamics is part of my screen name. We could also determine the load waterline of your speakers, and their hull speed! :)

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
Is not awkward, is fun! Archimedes principle/fluid dynamics is part of my screen name. We could also determine the load waterline of your speakers, and their hull speed! :)
The ingenious things аre always simply explained.
Тhe waterline Is mandatory, the moment with the speed is a little bit more for me.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I am an electric engineer,assuming I use a program (CAD ),entering data into this complex, incorrect form would take me a very long time, effort which for single production makes no sense..
The making every detail is unique, It is normal to have differences between them.
When assembling the structure, i do extra work in the interior of column, which changes volume.
It's clear that the software will not help me,mathematics - as well.
I'm trying to get closer to her alternative - the egg, so I solve the problem /as possible/with Fb ,Fc. My project is at an early stage and do not have , will not matter unless I get the right volume.

Yours assumption about volume measurement is а wrong.
I'm pretty sure Boat was joking with you about measuring volume, lol.

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
I'm pretty sure Boat was joking with you about measuring volume, lol.
I think I responded correctly, once I made the measurement I will publish the pictures of my method. And then I'll ask Boat
to show us how he measures the sound pressure and speed in the water of
speakers in closed cabinet volume.

"The world has survived because it laughs!"

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I think I responded correctly, once I made the measurement I will publish the pictures of my method. And then I'll ask Boat
to show us how he measures the sound pressure and speed in the water of
speakers in closed cabinet volume.

"The world has survived because it laughs!"
I meant no disrespect, at any rate.

I'm much more crude with my approaches and I get lucky a lot. I would likely use the beans with some freakish degree of surprising accuracy.

Then I would act not surprised like I knew it all along. :)

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
From waste material I made this gadget ,that takes part in the measurements and when assembling the cabinet:
M-.jpg M-1-1-.jpg
I am approaching to the measurement of the internal volume:
m1.jpg M-1.jpg M-1-.jpg mt.jpg
On the seventh picture,the red line is the waterline, the vas of cabinet must be fill with water next to it / everything must be perfectly horizontally!/.
w-.JPG -I measure the weight of the my vented inner construction - 3.5 kg.
-The amount of water is 42 l. in the box; 42-3,5= 38,5l, 4.5 l more than what's needed - what's next?
The problem is that my investor likes the vision of the column.The decrease in volume must occur inside the construction of the cabinet.This sends the project in a more initial phase,we have a new requirement for the project, another W18 EX001.
J&N-.jpg

annunaki

annunaki

If you have too much volume there are ways to use it up. You could add a lot of mass (not recommended considering your complex bracing technique), You could build an interior "box" or shelf for crossover components accessible from the bottom that equals your overage as well?

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
If you have too much volume there are ways to use it up. You could add a lot of mass (not recommended considering your complex bracing technique), You could build an interior "box" or shelf for crossover components accessible from the bottom that equals your overage as well?
In fact, this was my first idea of a crossovers space "Box", but my Phase inverter / bass reflex/ is on the bottom, which is a problem.
Today, I have finished designing the new details, and since tomorrow I will begun their processing.
P.P.
Another speaker 18 EX001 has been added to the project.

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
A little progress;
pan.jpg p-an.jpg pa-n-.jpg
With the new interior design, the volume is 35.2 l

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Incredible craftsmanship!!!
Absolutely beautiful!

On the question of measuring the internal volume, I had assumed that you used a traditional water soluble glue so ruled out water.
However, since you have the interior frame as a separate piece and it is essentially made of the same material (homogeneous), it seems like you could weigh a small piece of known dimensions/simple shape (easily calculated volume) and then weigh the entire frame to get a fairly accurate estimate of the volume.
Maybe that would have the accuracy you need?
How do you deal with moisture issues after submerging the frame?

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
MrBoat's Bean (MBBM) Method would get him pretty close with a lot less fuss. :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
MrBoat's Bean (MBBM) Method would get him pretty close with a lot less fuss. :)
Not sure if you are serious, but what I am proposing is he determine the density or weight per cubic inch (or cm) of the frame material. Once he does that all he has to do is weigh each piece and he has the volume. Can't get much easier than that!

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Not sure if you are serious, but what I am proposing is he determine the density or weight per cubic inch (or cm) of the frame material. Once he does that all he has to do is weigh each piece and he has the volume. Can't get much easier than that!
Yes, I am serious. Things like dry beans or other seeds have a pretty consistent size/weight. They are dense enough to where they leave very little void and can be settled rather consistently. If you use a measured container with a similar sized scale volume and construct such as a small pail, the corners would even figure in as a good average with weight/volume.

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
The answer was given so many years ago, about 2500 of the Archimedes genius!
The volume per liter of water is equal to the volume of 1 kg. and 1l. Water = 1 kg,
-their specific resistances are the same, with very little error.
I will say it in a more understandable way:
- if we have 20 liters of water in a bucket, this bucket will weigh approximately -20 kg.
- if we have another liquid in this bucket, we may have 20 liters, but we will not have 20 pounds.
In my method of measurement, i do not immerse the inner construction in the water, just I measure the weight and deduct it from the total volume.
There is no simpler and more accurate method for finding the volume of a complex body,
Archimed's method is flawless!

Any other material we use to fill, we need to know the "ro" of this material.
Sorry, it's not so easy with a "guide", when he speaking a language other than yours!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The answer was given so many years ago, about 2500 of the Archimedes genius!
The volume per liter of water is equal to the volume of 1 kg. and 1l. Water = 1 kg,
-their specific resistances are the same, with very little error.
I will say it in a more understandable way:
- if we have 20 liters of water in a bucket, this bucket will weigh approximately -20 kg.
- if we have another liquid in this bucket, we may have 20 liters, but we will not have 20 pounds.
In my method of measurement, i do not immerse the inner construction in the water, just I measure the weight and deduct it from the total volume.
There is no simpler and more accurate method for finding the volume of a complex body,
Archimed's method is flawless!

Any other material we use to fill, we need to know the "ro" of this material.
Sorry, it's not so easy with a "guide", when he speaking a language other than yours!
I understand Archimedes Principle, but it involves comparing weight in water with "free weight" to calculate density.

What I don't follow is how you are establishing the weight in water!
Archimedes requires determining the force of buoyancy and I do not follow how you determine it.
Or what clever trick you use to avoid it.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, I am serious. Things like dry beans or other seeds have a pretty consistent size/weight. They are dense enough to where they leave very little void and can be settled rather consistently. If you use a measured container with a similar sized scale volume and construct such as a small pail, the corners would even figure in as a good average with weight/volume.
Of course! ... as long as you are measuring the amount displaced with beans. Duh! I was thinking about the missed volume of the gaps between beans, but that doesn't matter as long as it is consistent.
I must say however that for a complex shape with many pockets like Jororaitchev's frame, I'd want to employ a shaker or tumbler to make sure all of the voids get filled!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis