My DIY speakers "J&N"

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
Hello,
A model of my DIY loudspeakers i have served Ti6k- JBL. My first contact with
them, was in distant 2005.
I started working with them in 2009 and finished in 2012.
The loudspeakers are "SEAS"- Excel / Tw-1”, Mw-5”for center 2х 5.5”,Bass-8,5”/ and cross-over parts- "Intertechnik".

Nominal impedance- 8 OhFreguency Range 30Hz-20kHzCharacterstic Sensitivity(2,83V/1m)- 87db
Long Term-110W.
Have are some pictures, if there is interest, i will continue.
Regards!4-4.jpg колона1-1k.jpg 1-1k.jpg хол-k.jpg
Joro

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Quite impressive. Third picture is showing some haze on the polish. Is it because of the camera flash or the polish itself?

I see you have oppo/marantz combo. :D many here will condone.

Did you do some measurements on your speakers, how do they perform? I also don't see the ports (for bass reflex), are they sealed or is that the port between the black and red part on the front?

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
Quite impressive. Third picture is showing some haze on the polish. Is it because of the camera flash or the polish itself?

I see you have oppo/marantz combo. :D many here will condone.

Did you do some measurements on your speakers, how do they perform? I also don't see the ports (for bass reflex), are they sealed or is that the port between the black and red part on the front?
Excuse me for my poor English - I do what I can!
Thank you for the good evaluation of my work!
Please, for your patience, I will explain in detail on this project, but please give the opportunity and time to this post - he is theare only a few hours!
Thank you,
Joro

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
But of course. I didn't mean to rush you.

No one here will judge you foreign language skills, I can tell you that much. Every now and then someone might ask for some clarification but that happens even with the most skillful.

Looking forward to read about your work. I will be honest and say I'm very skeptical by nature, but I try not to be dismissive.

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
But of course. I didn't mean to rush you.

No one here will judge you foreign language skills, I can tell you that much. Every now and then someone might ask for some clarification but that happens even with the most skillful.

Looking forward to read about your work. I will be honest and say I'm very skeptical by nature, but I try not to be dismissive.

Thank you for your opinion!
I have registrations in over 25 "DIY Audio Fotums" , after you seeing my projects, I believe I will have greatly contributed to reducing your skepticism!
Joro

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Thank you for your opinion!
I have registrations in over 25 "DIY Audio Fotums" , after you seeing my projects, I believe I will have greatly contributed to reducing your skepticism!
Joro
Tell us more about those cabinets! How did you build those, what materials?

Do you have any pics of the building process?

Those look nice!

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
Tell us more about those cabinets! How did you build those, what materials?

Do you have any pics of the building process?

Those look nice!

I wanted to, a little bit more torture with to you. lets I It started , now :
'll show you how was made the speakers are made, step by step;
First did this "home-matrix".
MK.jpg And this one similar to the center:центр-.jpg
After, i bended 8 layers / 4mm / MDF;
3-3.jpg m-.jpg After assembly, veneering with " Bird's Eye View" got the next moment :
F.jpg Снимка0079.jpg Сн.jpg Сни.jpg
The finish is 35-40 layers of acrylic auto varnish and after each layer- polishing in order to obtain this:5-5.jpg 201.jpg

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I wanted to, a little bit more torture with to you. lets I It started , now :
'll show you how was made the speakers are made, step by step;
First did this "home-matrix".
View attachment 20962 And this one similar to the center:View attachment 20963
After, i bended 8 layers / 4mm / MDF;
View attachment 20964 View attachment 20965 After assembly, veneering with " Bird's Eye View" got the next moment :
View attachment 20966 View attachment 20967 View attachment 20968 View attachment 20969
The finish is 35-40 layers of acrylic auto varnish and after each layer- polishing in order to obtain this:View attachment 20970 View attachment 20972
I am impressed.

How do they sound?

Any chance that you have ever measured the frequency response?

Just curious, what country do you live in? Was it difficult sourcing the parts?

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
I am impressed.

How do they sound?

Any chance that you have ever measured the frequency response?

Just curious, what country do you live in? Was it difficult sourcing the parts?
I am feeling very well , extremely lucky and thank for this to God!
I live in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria - Eastern Europe, that is the state that has given the world the computer- yes , this country has created the Slavonic script / alphabet /-Russians write on thise alphabet.
This state was founded in 681, It is in the European Union and NATO.
All parts and components are ordered online from Dutch and German" DIY "websites.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Very nice looking speakers! You put some love into them. I'm with a couple others that are expressing curiosity about measurements. Are they pretty flat? Where is the -3db on the low end?

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
Very nice looking speakers! You put some love into them. I'm with a couple others that are expressing curiosity about measurements. Are they pretty flat? Where is the -3db on the low end?
Thank you very much!
We'll get to this point.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, port is on the bottom. Pretty cool. I don't know enough about crossovers to comment. They look well put together though.

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
[QUOTE="killdozzer,

I see you have oppo/marantz combo. :D many here will ,,,,,,,[/QUOTE]
My " OPPO -105D" can read ISO and all the formats that you think of.
The Marantz 65009 is a compromise, after about a month I will show you a DIY amp, but I need of your patience.

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
Okay, port is on the bottom. Pretty cool. I don't know enough about crossovers to comment. They look well put together though.

I will show you the measurements of each speaker, please for your patience, only a few hours have passed since my registration, this is a project for several years, understand that I can not show you everything for just one moment.
I'm sorry!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I will show you the measurements of each speaker, please for your patience, only a few hours have passed since my registration, this is a project for several years, understand that I can not show you everything for just one moment.
I'm sorry!
I suspect we're dealing with a little bit of a language barrier here. No need to apologize. Take your time. I was just commenting that I thought the Crossovers looked well built. I'll keep track for updates. :)

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
I suspect we're dealing with a little bit of a language barrier here. No need to apologize. Take your time. I was just commenting that I thought the Crossovers looked well built. I'll keep track for updates. :)
At the beginning of my post I apologized for my English.
I will try to explain, I understand very well what your opinion about my filter is, thank you!
I do not think there is a language barrier, I just want to see more opinions about my project.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
At the beginning of my post I apologized for my English.
I will try to explain, I understand very well what your opinion about my filter is, thank you!
I do not think there is a language barrier, I just want to see more opinions about my project.
You do very fine work! Looks extremely professional!

What is your "real job"? I mean, what work pays the bills?

jororaitchev

jororaitchev

Junior Audioholic
You do very fine work! Looks extremely professional!

What is your "real job"? I mean, what work pays the bills?
Thank you!
Woodworking is my hobby,i'm an electrical engineer by profession.
I am 57 years old and I deal with interior design / including the restoration /, they are my other hobby, often a source of income.
I think I was exhaustive.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis