R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Sorry to hear that, and I admire your patience, others would have quit trying already. Unfortunately I only have the license for the Android version. If you can borrow an Android device such as a Galaxy tab, then it's easy because I can post screenshots to help you get the changes in and send from your PC to the Galaxy tablet.

As it is now, I can only help you on using Ratbuddsey to enter the customized target curve data with screen shots as follow (I might have posted something similar before):

You can try to check the boxes as shown and see what happens.

View attachment 40456
I’m not quitting, been busy and haven’t been down there a lot. I think I clicked something on my laptop on where it’s saving it, it’s my mistake. I’m not mr computer guy but I’ll figure it out

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Hey guys, it’s been a couple weeks since I’ve been on but I did figure out how to get my changes in Ratbudyssey back to my phone. Do have a question though. Should there be a graph showing a response when I pull up my file in Ratbudyssey so I can see where I’m making the cuts on the different frequencies? It just shows the red line from the multi eq app.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey guys, it’s been a couple weeks since I’ve been on but I did figure out how to get my changes in Ratbudyssey back to my phone. Do have a question though. Should there be a graph showing a response when I pull up my file in Ratbudyssey so I can see where I’m making the cuts on the different frequencies? It just shows the red line from the multi eq app.
It does show you the cuts and boosts Audyssey made if you click on the individual channel. You should not make adjustment based on those information. As I, and others detailed in the user thread, you should do the cuts and boost base on your REW plot graphs. Examples were posted in that thread and also on this thread. I thought I did suggest/listed a few cuts that if you apply it via Ratbuddyssey, it will immediately improve your REW plots in terms of lowering the several humps in the low end.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
It does show you the cuts and boosts Audyssey made if you click on the individual channel. You should not make adjustment based on those information. As I, and others detailed in the user thread, you should do the cuts and boost base on your REW plot graphs. Examples were posted in that thread and also on this thread. I thought I did suggest/listed a few cuts that if you apply it via Ratbuddyssey, it will immediately improve your REW plots in terms of lowering the several humps in the low end.
Yea you did and I was going off my rew graphs I have. I’ll mess with it later, I haven’t been to bed yet from work last night. I’ll let you know

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I made some cuts that PENG had suggested but obviously I need to cut some more. I haven’t had much time to mess with it lately. Red line is deq off and blue is deq on.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I was playing some more tonight making cuts. Looks like I created a bigger dip in 33-34hz area. Red line deq on and blue deq off.
45EFA8A1-D09B-47D3-A502-95FDD4856535.jpeg
9BAE167E-8144-4E57-9CB8-F0F7B960859F.jpeg

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Should I be making adjustments above 30hz?
I would suggest you:

22.5 Hz, cut 2.5 dB
26.5 Hz, cut 3.5 dB
29 Hz, cut 4 dB

You should have a great looking curve after that and before you do anything else, I would like to see the new curve from 20 - 1500 Hz before recommending the next trial cuts/boosts.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I would suggest you:

22.5 Hz, cut 2.5 dB
26.5 Hz, cut 3.5 dB
29 Hz, cut 4 dB

You should have a great looking curve after that and before you do anything else, I would like to see the new curve from 20 - 1500 Hz before recommending the next trial cuts/boosts.
Once again, thx for your help and patience with me since I’ve had a lot of questions, getting more comfortable with all of this. I’ll definitely do what you just suggested. You don’t think I created a bigger dip in the 33-34hz range? I haven’t had time to be down there a lot last couple weeks.
It’s definitely not a quick thing when you’re making the adjustments, seems like it’ll be a few hour thing when I have time to really be down there focused on it. My quick little things I’m doing now are ok but I need to be down there longer. I did pop a movie in the other day and I must say the initial cuts you suggested I do did make a difference, idk exactly how to describe the sound, maybe richer, that may be a bad word to use but I liked how it sounded

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Once again, thx for your help and patience with me since I’ve had a lot of questions, getting more comfortable with all of this. I’ll definitely do what you just suggested. You don’t think I created a bigger dip in the 33-34hz range? I haven’t had time to be down there a lot last couple weeks.
It’s definitely not a quick thing when you’re making the adjustments, seems like it’ll be a few hour thing when I have time to really be down there focused on it. My quick little things I’m doing now are ok but I need to be down there longer. I did pop a movie in the other day and I must say the initial cuts you suggested I do did make a difference, idk exactly how to describe the sound, maybe richer, that may be a bad word to use but I liked how it sounded
It wouldn't hurt to give 33 Hz a 2 dB boost and see what happens. In general, it is better to avoid boost prematurely.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
O
It wouldn't hurt to give 33 Hz a 2 dB boost and see what happens. In general, it is better to avoid boost prematurely.
Ok I’ll be back on when I get down there and post a pic

J

jameshtx

Enthusiast
hey guys, in the app, what MultEQ filter frequency range should it be for speakers and subs? Didn't Gene say to do it at 300Hz?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
hey guys, in the app, what MultEQ filter frequency range should it be for speakers and subs? Didn't Gene say to do it at 300Hz?
It can be calculated based on room dimensions and shapes, but there is no need to get complicated. 300 Hz should be fine for most small/medium sized rooms. If you want to try full range, just flip it to the flat curve. Customizations apply to the reference curve only.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Red line deq on green is deq off. This is probably a dumb question but how do I get it to show 20-1500hz?
E55D4E4D-9C7A-4B0B-B94A-70A9E8B81A86.jpeg
0C1DF082-C411-44E4-8423-76ED36C9B6EE.jpeg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis