R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
And without app, audyssey set the fronts at -0.5 and rear at -0.5 with them all set at 70db

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Man dude I set them last night to how you explained but the app set the rear at +7.5 and the fronts at +2.5, I can’t run them like that. I had them all at 70db. What are your thoughts on that?
Holy ballz... I don’t know WTF to make of that.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
and the fronts at +2.5, I can’t run them like that. I had them all at 70db. What are your thoughts on that?
Re-run Audyssey, but but this time when Audyssey's checking the level of your front subs (sub 1 I assume), turn the volume up until the onscreen meter is well into the "red zone", say about 1/4 to 1/3 to maximum (the onscreen display bar).

As I suggested before, to save time just to get the sub volume setting in the ball park, and the distances, just run one position. That is, don't move the mic from beginning to end, whether you use the App or not.

I hate to say this, unless you room has a really weird shape or form, you should be getting such seemingly inconsistent results. I am sure Pogre and William wish they were there:D, me too but it Covid time I am too far away.. So wish you luck and be patient, you will get it right, but follow instructions, do not deviate, trust Audyssey, once you get it right, save the file (with the App), then you can experiment all you want as you can also load the one that works back.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
To be clear, Audyssey use the information collected from the 1st position only, to set distances and levels for each speaker/channel. The other 7 positions are done for the "EQ" part, that is to create the necessary filters.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Ok I think I got this now. I ran audyssey three times with app and just left mic in same position for three tests, have to have three tests and you can complete it. Anyways first was low on volume so I had to adjust gain knobs. Well the last run it got all my distances correct and it set my rear sub to -5.5 and my fronts to -7.5. I’m fine with rear volume because I don’t want it to be noticeable and if need be I can always trim down. All the impact and extension is there. When done all my subs gain knobs were just a little above 9 o’clock.
So my next question is where to set the frequency range? Should I change all the speakers range or just the sub? Right now the subs range is at 250.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Opening scene in age of extinction with Dino’s running sounded awesome and sound fury road. I’m still running subs with a port plugged eq1 and q7, I’ll try two ports open tomorrow, I have to get ready for work

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I may have to turn the rear sub down a little but everything sounds really good

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I may have to turn the rear sub down a little but everything sounds really good
Excellent!!! Sorry I couldn’t be more consistent with hep...crazy shiit all the time lately it seems. My third sub needs special attention too lol. It’s dialed now but took a few tries.
Glad you got where you wanted to go. You’re a good trooper.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Excellent!!! Sorry I couldn’t be more consistent with hep...crazy shiit all the time lately it seems. My third sub needs special attention too lol. It’s dialed now but took a few tries.
Glad you got where you wanted to go. You’re a good trooper.
You’re good man. Thx for all the help. I ask this in three or four posts before this but where should frequency range be set in app? Should I change all the speakers range or just the sub?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You’re good man. Thx for all the help. I ask this in three or four posts before this but where should frequency range be set in app? Should I change all the speakers range or just the sub?
Hard to say, many prefer to limit eq to sub-schroeder frequencies....I've not got that option as I've got older stuff but I don't find it particularly bad for full range.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Hard to say, many prefer to limit eq to sub-schroeder frequencies....I've not got that option as I've got older stuff but I don't find it particularly bad for full range.
Ok, btw thx for putting the pics on here

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Iirc, I left my sub cutoff alone since the XO is in place. I think I limited the rest to 300. Can’t remember off hand... I use bypass on mains too. I plan to revisit this fall when I get caught up. Yeah right...

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Ok, we’re driving around at work so I can’t be on here at the moment. I’ll be back on later this morning when things slow down

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ok, we’re driving around at work so I can’t be on here at the moment. I’ll be back on later this morning when things slow down
What?!?! No multitasking? Lmao.
Be safe.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
What?!?! No multitasking? Lmao.
Be safe.
Lol! Yea I can but gotta keep eyes peeled on my surroundings so I don’t get f’d up dude! Trust me, I’d rather be on here talking back n forth and learning then dealing with this crap

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Limit the frequency range for EQ to Schroeder's, if you don't know what it is, try 250 to 300 Hz for a medium size room and you should be in the ball park. Just do it for the speakers, leave the subwoofer alone as it won't do much above 300 Hz anyway.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Limit the frequency range for EQ to Schroeder's, if you don't know what it is, try 250 to 300 Hz for a medium size room and you should be in the ball park. Just do it for the speakers, leave the subwoofer alone as it won't do much above 300 Hz anyway.
Ok, no I don’t know what Schroeders is, have not read up on that yet. I assume you looked at the pictures of my basement, wouldn’t my basement be considered large because of how it opens up from the area where I have HT setup?

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Sorry man I just got up at 6, been out since 8 this morning

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Do I have to have the mic plugged in when I change the frequency range or does the phone just send it to the avr?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis