MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
In what sense?
Have you read the books?

They Killed off Alex Kamal who doesn't die in the books. How Fred Johnson died, he wasn't assassinated, he'd died of a heart attack during a battle between the Racinate and Marcos' fleet, the same battle in which Bobbie was the weapons officer on the Racinate. How Marcos actually attacked Earth multiple times, and essentially wasted it in the process. The best parts of the books were left out essentially.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Have you read the books?

They Killed off Alex Kamal who doesn't die in the books. How Fred Johnson died, he wasn't assassinated, he'd died of a heart attack during a battle between the Racinate and Marcos' fleet, the same battle in which Bobbie was the weapons officer on the Racinate. How Marcos actually attacked Earth multiple times, and essentially wasted it in the process. The best parts of the books were left out essentially.
No, I haven't read the Expanse books, but I see where you are coming from as I've read Foundation books, and homonymously named Apple's TV show was deplorable at best.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't think they will, it will spill over into whatever the next thing is.
That's certainly an option, but I'm guessing that since they applied for an Emmy award in the limited series category they have to complete the story.
The criteria for this category requires a program to “tell a complete, non-recurring story, and not have an ongoing storyline or main characters in subsequent seasons.”
Source: Has Moon Knight Been Canceled? Marvel Rumor Explained (& Debunked) (screenrant.com)

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

Rewatched the 1st episode of MK and right there in the gift shop Steven mentions Tarawet.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Rewatched the 1st episode of MK and right there in the gift shop Steven mentions Tarawet.
Yup. The box of plush toys were Tarawet dolls. There are a ton of little snippets, sniggles and foreshadow nods to the comics and later episodes. Something that Marvel excels at.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's certainly an option, but I'm guessing that since they applied for an Emmy award in the limited series category they have to complete the story.

Source: Has Moon Knight Been Canceled? Marvel Rumor Explained (& Debunked) (screenrant.com)
They will have to close the current overall arc, but can leave it open to something like a team up or tie in. They just can't leave any of this story open ended. They are saying MK won't be part of the MCU films either, at least at this point.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They will have to close the current overall arc, but can leave it open to something like a team up or tie in. They just can't leave any of this story open ended. They are saying MK won't be part of the MCU films either, at least at this point.
Looka like we're gonna get another season after all! To be fair I guess they only recently made the decision to do it.

I have to admit Stephen grew on me at the end and it turned out to be one of the better Marvel series.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Looka like we're gonna get another season after all! To be fair I guess they only recently made the decision to do it.

I have to admit Stephen grew on me at the end and it turned out to be one of the better Marvel series.
Hmm, I don't see this being confirmed anywhere yet. Yes, the story was left purposely open-ended.
The arc was completed, but clearly, there could be tons more to the story.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Hmm, I don't see this being confirmed anywhere yet. Yes, the story was left purposely open-ended.
Moon Knight was a minor character with respect to the comics themselves, from a series perspective, the individual Moon Knight series did not last that long.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think because of how it ended (I haven't watched it yet) that it leaves the possibility of another season.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think because of how it ended (I haven't watched it yet) that it leaves the possibility of another season.
I didn't see anything concrete yet, but most of the breakdown channels are talking like there's almost definitely gonna be at least 1 more season.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh, and spoilery stuff below, click at your own risk!

I knew Jake Lockley was gonna end up being a third personality! Ha! Plus I thought Layla looked AWESOME as the Scarlet Scarab! That was a surprise, and honestly felt a bit rushed and tacked on last minute, but she pulled it off as far as the look and action. I'd love to see more!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord

I knew you would warm up to the series. :p

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
On another note, I thought (forget the characters name..maybe its fruedian based on what I'm about to say) that the lead female was attractive until the last episode where she almost looks as rough and ugly as Mark and kinda looks like Mark. I immediately stopped drinking my beer at that point and waited for the episode to finish before finishing my beer.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
On another note, I thought (forget the characters name..maybe its fruedian based on what I'm about to say) that the lead female was attractive until the last episode where she almost looks as rough and ugly as Mark and kinda looks like Mark. I immediately stopped drinking my beer at that point and waited for the episode to finish before finishing my beer.
I think that means you needed more beer.

Finally got around to finishing this one over the weekend. It ends better than it starts, not too bad, ended up liking it overall. I see it is still up for an Emmy, which presumably means whatever S2 is, or what's next, is going to be a little different from this.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Like this episode of Seinfeld?

Actually I did have a similar thought when I finished this series up....but just opened another beer.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
No, I haven't read the Expanse books, but I see where you are coming from as I've read Foundation books, and homonymously named Apple's TV show was deplorable at best.
Dude. You need to read the books...after you watch the show. I wouldn't have liked the show near as much had I read the books first.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis