j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Even with the current episode, I am still not sold on it. A lot more interesting with 3, but not hooked.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Saw it as well. Head is spinning to understand. Maybe Covid shots are affecting brain? ;) :D
Steven/Marc is in some form of mind trap induced by Harrow and the title characters multiple personalities. Probably triggered by being shot. Unexpectedly Taweret shows up at the end. She's the goddess of child birth but by extension creation itself.

Episode 3, at the end of the fight scene, neither Marc or Steven know who created all the carnage. Where have we witnessed this behavior before and if neither Steven or Marc remember is Taweret there to help them 'birth' a 3rd personality?

** Edit, right before involuntarily meeting Taweret, there was a sarcophagus they both declined to open...

This is next level writing.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

BTW this is the first series in about 15 years that I've already started watching from the beginning again. Last series was Battle Star Gallactica.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
BTW this is the first series in about 15 years that I've already started watching from the beginning again. Last series was Battle Star Gallactica.
Battlestar Galactica was awesome! Well, the more recent one with Edward James Olmos and Tricia Halfer was my favorite, but the older one from the 70s was fun for me as a kid too. I got into the 2000s version kinda late, after it was canceled, but when I started watching I got sucked right in and binged the hell out of it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Steven/Marc is in some form of mind trap induced by Harrow and the title characters multiple personalities. Probably triggered by being shot. Unexpectedly Taweret shows up at the end. She's the goddess of child birth but by extension creation itself.

Episode 3, at the end of the fight scene, neither Marc or Steven know who created all the carnage. Where have we witnessed this behavior before and if neither Steven or Marc remember is Taweret there to help them 'birth' a 3rd personality?

** Edit, right before involuntarily meeting Taweret, there was a sarcophagus they both declined to open...

I think the third personality is going to be Jake Lockley, from the comics. That's not all tho. If they're dipping into the comics he has more than 3 distinct personalities. In there Moon Knight is separate from Marc and Mr Knight is separate from Steven. Add in Jake Lockley and that's 5 right there, but there are more.

They could end up tacking on even more personalities, but I'm assuming for the sake of simplicity they've combined a couple. I think the mystery one is going to end up being Jake. He's a seedy, dirty underground "morally gray" type personality.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My understanding is the show is just to introduce some aspect that will tie into the new MCU cannon. I believe it was already mentioned this series would end with S1.

jinjuku

jinjuku

My understanding is the show is just to introduce some aspect that will tie into the new MCU cannon. I believe it was already mentioned this series would end with S1.
If the level of writing is their natural cadence for that team I don't see how they can cap it at S1.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

In the last episode, Steven/Marc is finally explained and resolved. Prior to that, it was meant to be confusing because it was confusing for the protagonist as well. It took significant "walking" down the memory lane and revisiting some extremely painful ones to help himself reconsolidate.

The show starting to remind me a bit of a weird mix between "Maniac" and "American Gods" (Season 1 only) but with more action than both.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
In the last episode, Steven/Marc is finally explained and resolved. Prior to that, it was meant to be confusing because it was confusing for the protagonist as well. It took significant "walking" down the memory lane and revisiting some extremely painful ones to help himself reconsolidate.

The show starting to remind me a bit of a weird mix between "Maniac" and "American Gods" (Season 1 only) but with more action than both.
That's funny, as I was watching the newest episode last night I kept thinking to myself "5 episodes in and just how much Moon Knight have we gotten..?".

I'm thinking it could be a little better for action, but that's the comic geek in me wanting to have some actual Moon Knight in my Moon Knight show... that aside it's still a good show and this last episode actually, finally, grabbed me. I'm now officially invested in Marc as a character and actually give a crap what happens next. Is this next episode the last one? 6 in total?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I found it very interesting that it wasn't CG / green screen in E4, that is Issac's actual brother.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm thinking it could be a little better for action, but that's the comic geek in me wanting to have some actual Moon Knight in my Moon Knight show... that aside it's still a good show and this last episode actually, finally, grabbed me. I'm now officially invested in Marc as a character and actually give a crap what happens next. Is this next episode the last one? 6 in total?
Agreed on slow pacing, but (hopefully) like The Expanse, which started extremely slow in the first season, I project that the Moon knight pace should pick up in the future seasons.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What it sounds like is, there won't be a S2 of Moon Knight. However, it seems there will be some other series that it ties into and the character will remain in the MCU in some fashion.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Agreed on slow pacing, but (hopefully) like The Expanse, which started extremely slow in the first season, I project that the Moon knight pace should pick up in the future seasons.
The Expanse was ruined for TV.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
What it sounds like is, there won't be a S2 of Moon Knight. However, it seems there will be some other series that it ties into and the character will remain in the MCU in some fashion.
It seems like you're correct, however, given the season's slow pace, I'll find it extremely unsatisfying if they going to tie all loose ends in one last episode.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It seems like you're correct, however, given the season's slow pace, I'll find it extremely unsatisfying if they going to tie all loose ends in one last episode.
I don't think they will, it will spill over into whatever the next thing is.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis