mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
replacing the 1080i upscaling pioneer 696 with the 1080p upscaling pioneer 600 model. (I don't like using the PS3 as an upscaling player)

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Hi Mike,

how's the 600 performance when compared to the 696?
No big difference, right? Now you just need 01 remote, but everytime you press the power button, both players will turn on.

As I told you before, the Oppo 981 & the 696 are quite similars in terms of image (much to my surprise, my TV accepts a maximum resolution of 1080i), but soundwise I feel the 696 a bit better, though.

Don't know why, but it seems these new models are not intended for the US market (although I've bought my 696 last year in Chicago though).

Would you mind telling us how much did you pay for the new 600?

Oh, BTW, I might be going to Manila just to drive some new fancy cars and to audition to some nice speakers and so on...:):D

Cheers!

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Hi Mike,

how's the 600 performance when compared to the 696?
No big difference, right? Now you just need 01 remote, but everytime you press the power button, both players will turn on.

As I told you before, the Oppo 981 & the 696 are quite similars in terms of image (much to my surprise, my TV accepts a maximum resolution of 1080i), but soundwise I feel the 696 a bit better, though.

Don't know why, but it seems these new models are not intended for the US market (although I've bought my 696 last year in Chicago though).

Would you mind telling us how much did you pay for the new 600?

Oh, BTW, I might be going to Manila just to drive some new fancy cars and to audition to some nice speakers and so on...:):D

Cheers!
there's some nice speakers in manila? what? where?! :D

the 600 is 136USD (converted) and it's 110-220v too ... in case you want to buy one while you're here :)

when I used the 696 on my sony LCD, I was only using 720p ... somebody said there was no such thing as a 1080i display.

haven't even played anything on it yet. I won't be using both in that HT, since it boasts of 192khz or whatever audio DAC, I'm gonna use it as a secondary CD player :)

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Thanks Mike,

yeah, that's a quite affordable price for an upscaling player!

BTW, what do you mean by... someboday said there was no such thing as a 1080i display?? If that holds true, what's the real purpose of that, then?

In other hand, I have to admit that I never saw any improvement whatsoever on my display while in 1080i, though...

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Hey mike,

Did you ever get that PS3/Receiver/DVD player sound problem fixed?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Hey mike,

Did you ever get that PS3/Receiver/DVD player sound problem fixed?
the problem hasn't come back yet ... I'm guessing it's fixed.

what I did different was either:
1) boosting amp trims and lowering receiver pre-out trims
2) hitting save after the setup :)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
avliner,

somebody said that there were displays that could ACCEPT 1080i, but none with a native resolution of 1080i (only 720p or 1080p)

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
the problem hasn't come back yet ... I'm guessing it's fixed.

what I did different was either:
1) boosting amp trims and lowering receiver pre-out trims
2) hitting save after the setup :)
Ahh the real culprit, saving ;).

avliner,

somebody said that there were displays that could ACCEPT 1080i, but none with a native resolution of 1080i (only 720p or 1080p)
There are no flat panels that have a native resolution that is interlaced due to design but there are CRT TV's that can have an interlaced resolution as native because of their design.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
painted my DIY rack black, instead of the silver
put casters on it too!
I might replace the rack the behringers are sitting on in the second picture with this one.

replaced the box the center speaker was on with this DIY creation :)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
My Velodyne SMS-1's Arrived way way earlier than the Ultras ...
I'm gonna temporarily use it in the bedroom and the Axiom EP500

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Does Christmas come during July in the Philippines? Curse you and your excessive WAF. ;)

Signed,

The Jealous One

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i'm practically in the red with my audio purchases. and apparently, I still owe the wife what I spent on audio. something about a jewelry set? :) that's gonna put me in the upgrade sidelines for at least a year :(

but thanks for looking buddy!

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Hi Mike,

don't know why, but every single time I see your posts it comes to my mind one of the James Bond films; i.e; THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH:D;):p

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
The Behringer Solution

since i'm too lazy to turn on each behringer amp ...
i'm even too lazy to build some more of the 12v triggers ...
I built this:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
since i'm too lazy to turn on each behringer amp ...
i'm even too lazy to build some more of the 12v triggers ...
I built this:
Indeed, if you are this lazy you should probably move to America and capitalize on your laziness. j/k:D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Indeed, if you are this lazy you should probably move to America and capitalize on your laziness. j/k:D
why? you guys don't have household help over there (at least ones that are living in the same house - except for the rich guys over there) :cool:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
why? you guys don't have household help over there (at least ones that are living in the same house - except for the rich guys over there) :cool:
So, I don't think we can be friends anymore, since you obviously out class me.:D Again, j/k.:)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
So, I don't think we can be friends anymore, since you obviously out class me.:D Again, j/k.:)
no, household help here is really cheap. like I always say, the cost of living over there is a bit high compared to here (though your incomes are also 10x higher than the income over here). :)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
no, household help here is really cheap. like I always say, the cost of living over there is a bit high compared to here (though your incomes are also 10x higher than the income over here). :)
What do you do?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis