Might be evacuating soon

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Yes still L1. AQI when I checked just now was 339. I wish it would rain but looks like maybe a chance on Tuesday....would love to have a monsoonal dump but it's not likely.
Wow! That's a crazy number! We were in the 150 range and it was hard enough to breath. I went for a bike ride and turned around after a couple of miles.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's good to follow the up-to-date AQ reports. But if I were you, I would move away now and watch the outcome in a safer AQ area. Health cannot be bought!
Hard to get out of the smoke to an extent but it's tolerable indoors for the most part, we should have more relief in the upcoming days, too.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not bad right now but hot (94 last I looked at my own gauge) but the air has been much better today.

1629067455137.png

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Woke up early this morning to the smell of smoke so quickly shut all the windows, at least we had a period of fresh air, but AQI back up in the 160-200 range today. The closest fire (Kwis) remains under control at its perimeters, with some flareups of islands of unburned stuff in the middle. The smoke today I think is more from the other fires in the area (Gales/Ninemile). But in the 70s today so that's still fairly nice compared to the hot weather we had earlier. Our area is still under just level 1, tho, and this is more what is becoming normal here in the PNW this time of year.....just hoping nothing goes nuts weather wise....

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Woke up early this morning to the smell of smoke so quickly shut all the windows, at least we had a period of fresh air, but AQI back up in the 160-200 range today. The closest fire (Kwis) remains under control at its perimeters, with some flareups of islands of unburned stuff in the middle. The smoke today I think is more from the other fires in the area (Gales/Ninemile). But in the 70s today so that's still fairly nice compared to the hot weather we had earlier. Our area is still under just level 1, tho, and this is more what is becoming normal here in the PNW this time of year.....just hoping nothing goes nuts weather wise....
So scary, terrible thing to have to go. I hope everything works out for you.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yes still L1. AQI when I checked just now was 339. I wish it would rain but looks like maybe a chance on Tuesday....would love to have a monsoonal dump but it's not likely.
AQ- AudioQuest? How dare you!

I'm in the Milwaukee area and the smoke has been coming in for months- at first, I wondered where the fire was because it seemed to be more than just wood smoke and house fires have a unique odor but after it kept coming, it was obvious that the fires out West were the source. At times, it has been a bit harder to breathe, even here. Same thing has happened during past fires, including the Show Low & Chedesky fires in AZ, in 2002. I was out there for a rafting trip and as I prepared to leave PHX, I could see the smoke from my friend's house, as well as along Hwy 17 to Flagstaff and East, along Hwy 40. Those fires joined in the middle and burned over 640K acres.

It really sucks when people start the fires- was yours from lightning, or arson? The two I mentioned above were both set by idiots.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
AQ- AudioQuest? How dare you!

I'm in the Milwaukee area and the smoke has been coming in for months- at first, I wondered where the fire was because it seemed to be more than just wood smoke and house fires have a unique odor but after it kept coming, it was obvious that the fires out West were the source. At times, it has been a bit harder to breathe, even here. Same thing has happened during past fires, including the Show Low & Chedesky fires in AZ, in 2002. I was out there for a rafting trip and as I prepared to leave PHX, I could see the smoke from my friend's house, as well as along Hwy 17 to Flagstaff and East, along Hwy 40. Those fires joined in the middle and burned over 640K acres.

It really sucks when people start the fires- was yours from lightning, or arson? The two I mentioned above were both set by idiots.
AQI not fraudioquest. :)

I remember a Show Low fire that was set by a fireman..... All the forest fires in this round was from dry lightning strikes. Altho we had two fires pop up in town on the 15th and 18th, one from what appears to be a homeless camper out by the gravel pit and the other still waiting word on, but not likely homeless, just an idiot.

We're smoke free today and the weather has been cooler the last few days. Altho the local fire (Kwis) is just in mop-up stage, we have a fairly large one fairly nearby (Gales/NineMile) that will provide smoky conditions with the right air movement.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis