Might be evacuating soon

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Family pictures, and perhaps a last minute picture taking of your belongings left behind as proof for insurance and memory refresher afterwards.
If it comes to that, take pics of the unit AND the serial number if you can. Makes things go a lot easier with insurance. I had that stuff documented for my other house and when we got robbed, it made the insurance assessment go a bit quicker.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Good luck man. My buddy's house is in northern CA and the Dixie fire is within a 1000 feet. At this point, he's not sure if it is still there or not. He lives just south of Greenville CA, which is now gone.
Hope your friend's place makes it!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Meanwhile, in the hottest, driest state in the union...

View attachment 49683

I got caught in a pretty epic storm this morning when I was out and about earlier. Had to slow down just to be able to see the road!
Just as the fires started to blow up a friend from Flagstaff came up for some mountain biking, he was telling me about getting some crazy amounts of monsoon rain just after he left. He got driven out of here by the smoke, went from here to Bend and got chased by more smoke back to Flag from there.

K

kxthor

Junior Audioholic
My thoughts are with you. After all the hurricanes last year I wish natural disasters on Noone. It was all a bit bitch and a half. Be safe bro

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If it comes to that, take pics of the unit AND the serial number if you can. Makes things go a lot easier with insurance. I had that stuff documented for my other house and when we got robbed, it made the insurance assessment go a bit quicker.
One suggestion I saw was to take such pics via a running video of all the gear/stuff one was leaving behind....will walk around when I get a level 2 warning doing just that while double checking for all the stuff I want to boogie out of here with....

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
My thoughts are with you.

Life is a lot more important than possessions. Take care and continue keeping us posted.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Don’t drive around with all your speakers like @ryanosaur :)

Take care of yourself.
I'm taking little of the audio gear. Bikes, tools and some other stuff leaves little room except for a coupla pair of speakers and maybe a coupla devices to go with....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I only took the 3s. At the time, there was no replacing them!
*blushes
(there's still no replacing them, but the BMR Towers come very close!) ;)
I figure I'm not that attached to most of my speakers, but will put a few pair in, just not all 40 or so speakers....

ps But agree with your choice of what to take if I had 'em.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
They've kept the closest fire (Kwis) pretty much where they want it for now as far as containment lines go. We have hot and stagnant air now which is lousy for air quality but helps the containment somewhat apparently....aqi at 212 right now and may get worse today still. No changes in evac status, am in level 1 as is most of the two towns (Oakridge and Westfir), some of the more rural parts are level 2 but no level 3 issued yet. Weather in next few days should bring cleaner air and not exacerbate the fires but that of course can change quickly. I can go down to my sister's place in Eugene but I'd rather stay put unless the evac levels change...

ps Last count was 883 firefighters here

Last edited:
H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Be safe and follow directions! Yeah, the smoke from all the fires has been smoking us out. Hope some of the moisture we're getting now moves your way.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Where are you?
Albuquerque, NM. The weather patterns dragged the smoke down here from the fires in the NW and No CA and smoked us out big time. We also have a handful of fires in the region adding to that. Last Sat/Sun/Mon were health alert days for us. Can only imagine how bad it is there.

I was in the mid west for the remainder of the week and came home Thursday. The air quality is good now and we're getting some light rain. This time of year we get the monsoonal flow bringing moisture in from the gulf and Pacific creating thunder storms.

Still at L1?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Albuquerque, NM. The weather patterns dragged the smoke down here from the fires in the NW and No CA and smoked us out big time. We also have a handful of fires in the region adding to that. Last Sat/Sun/Mon were health alert days for us. Can only imagine how bad it is there.

I was in the mid west for the remainder of the week and came home Thursday. The air quality is good now and we're getting some light rain. This time of year we get the monsoonal flow bringing moisture in from the gulf and Pacific creating thunder storms.

Still at L1?
Yes still L1. AQI when I checked just now was 339. I wish it would rain but looks like maybe a chance on Tuesday....would love to have a monsoonal dump but it's not likely.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yes still L1. AQI when I checked just now was 339. I wish it would rain but looks like maybe a chance on Tuesday....would love to have a monsoonal dump but it's not likely.
F me gently with a chainsaw! AQI that high is like instant hospitalization! You may as well snort a 12” rail of coal dust.
Last year I saw numbers around here in the upper 280s. Busted out my respirator with N100 filters for when I went out.
Keep takin care Lovin’!
Hope you can hold your breath for a while!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
F me gently with a chainsaw! AQI that high is like instant hospitalization! You may as well snort a 12” rail of coal dust.
Last year I saw numbers around here in the upper 280s. Busted out my respirator with N100 filters for when I went out.
Keep takin care Lovin’!
Hope you can hold your breath for a while!
I'm hoping for an afternoon breeze to blow it out but it hasn't happened (yet). I'm staying inside for the most part. Did go down to the bikeshop yesterday to pickup something I needed, seems Marcello is still riding daily (trying to get the clear air but riding even if not). He thinks he can handle it, but it was "only" in the low 200s as we talked....even on the ebike I ain't riding in this soup! We're back to masking anyways too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis