MAXIMIZING THE USEFULNESS OF A HOME THEATER WITH 2 CENTER CHANNEL SPEAKERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DCS0760

Junior Audioholic
My thinking was that maybe someone who has actually tried the setup/design could post something.

My attention isn't particularly focused on insulting anyone.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
My thinking was that maybe someone who has actually tried the setup/design could post something.
People asked questions that you refuse to answer. What helps is if you provide answers to those questions instead of saying to go the first post.

Yet, you made sure you did, do you read before posting?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Nobody will try it since you insist on NOT sharing the benefits. Why do you refuse?

D

DCS0760

Junior Audioholic
ok, you guys have made your opinions known.

Let's see if someone else has something to say.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic

Thus the repeat cycle has begun, you're simply too obtuse to get it, this thread is useless as is the OP who started it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I agree with the OP at this point. Guessing if those posting here aside from the OP didn't post, this thread would disappear if the last few months are an indicator.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

That's right. 6500 views and not a single person tried it because it's inherently a dumb idea. I guess the 6500 who viewed this agree...

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
HT Old setup.jpg

I had two center but only because they were my original L/R speakers that I built from a kit many years ago and didn't have the heart to part with them so they served as center until recently. Didn't really see a benefit with two and it needed another amp chanel.

Last edited:
D

DCS0760

Junior Audioholic
Maybe this will help the conversation,

Room dimensions:

-15 ft wide / 22 feet long
-FL, FR, SL, SR are at the corners of the room.
-Two centers underneath the TV with a combined length of 32 inches spaced 11 inches apart.

As I've mentioned in previous posts, this setup/design allows you to push the FL and FR further out which creates noticeable differences in the sound when you alternate between the FL/FR in the corners and the FL/FR underneath the TV.

I also think it creates a noticeable difference (an improvement) in the listening experience when the FL/FR are in the corners of the room; when I am using the center speakers as a "dual center" in a 3.1 or higher speaker configuration.

My experience is based off of using this setup/design with a TV that has a screen size between 40 and 55 inches, but I'm sure the same benefits can be experienced with a larger screen.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
See! That wasn’t so hard was it? Finally...
So. The “improvement” that you noted would be described how. As in, what does it do to the existing soundtrack that benefits its original implementation. For example, does it offer more seamless panning across the front, etc. Noticing a difference doesn’t necessarily mean an improvement. So in which way does this layout accentuate what’s on the disk?

D

DCS0760

Junior Audioholic
See! That wasn’t so hard was it? Finally...
So. The “improvement” that you noted would be described how. As in, what does it do to the existing soundtrack that benefits its original implementation. For example, does it offer more seamless panning across the front, etc. Noticing a difference doesn’t necessarily mean an improvement. So in which way does this layout accentuate what’s on the disk?

So I don't confuse you with what I think is the right description of the improvement, why don't you just test it yourself by moving the FL/FR (on the sides of the screen) around.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Well. I don’t have extra matching centers to play with. But I’ve spent countless with speaker placement and my laser pointer to balance 2ch imaging and soundstage with the added center speaker in a multichannel system, for one really great sounding front end of my room, that images very well(considering its pedestrian cost). In fact, the front and back of the room image so well between each other, it just creates one big surround bubble.
So, since we’ve got you typing, why don’t you accurately describe what the “improvements” are. If I, or you get confused, one will just have to ask for clarification. Obviously that’s not too hard.

D

DCS0760

Junior Audioholic
Well. I don’t have extra matching centers to play with. But I’ve spent countless with speaker placement and my laser pointer to balance 2ch imaging and soundstage with the added center speaker in a multichannel system, for one really great sounding front end of my room, that images very well(considering its pedestrian cost). In fact, the front and back of the room image so well between each other, it just creates one big surround bubble.
So, since we’ve got you typing, why don’t you accurately describe what the “improvements” are. If I, or you get confused, one will just have to ask for clarification. Obviously that’s not too hard.

If I can think of a way to properly describe the "improvements", then I will.
In the mean time, it may help you if you scroll through the thread again.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No, it won't. You have yet to describe anything except for your last post, which didn't describe how anything is improved. Bill is asking you the same thing I asked you repeatedly, over and over. It may help if you scroll through the thread again so you can get an idea of what I just described.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Lol. In the meantime, I’ll be enjoying dinner with my children. How about a couple pics? Unless you’re the last person on earth without a smartphone, it takes le

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There's no use in scrolling thru the the thread again as there is nothing there....

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis