Massacre at Virginia Tech

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,266310,00.html

Geez....

What's with people these days? It will be interesting to learn the motives behind this jackasses actions as information is gained and story develops in the coming weeks. This is one of the most deadliest shooting rampages ever.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
So sad. Why do people have to make others suffer for their own issues? It is a shame.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Truly a sad event and tragedy for all of those involved. I had to re-read this three times b/c I couldn't believe that many people were killed. Each time I read it, I hoped for them to only be injured. Unreal.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Wow, really a sad event. Unfourtunatly many of the types of people who do this do not have a real motive, as the well adjusted would see it, and use this extremely depressing method of acting out.

Matt34

Matt34

So sad.:(

My wife asked me last week why I signed up for a CCW course this month and I told her because I am responsible for my family and it's well being and will not leave that responsibility in the hands of our government or it's public services.

If just one other person was armed I imagine there would have been a lower death toll.

majorloser

majorloser

My heart and prayers go out to the family and friends of those who were killed or injured by this tragic event.

I'm sure we'll find out more as the day unfolds.

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
If just one other person was armed I imagine there would have been a lower death toll.
I read (though haven't verified) that this issue came up recently before the Virginia legisalture and that the president of VT lobbied quite sternly against the proposition. Ironic.

Mort

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
The body of the gunman should be released to the victims families so they can chop it up into tiny bits then feed the chunks to a pack of wild pigs while the gunmans family watches.

You watch there will be some sob story behind all of this where the gunman was neglected by the girls on campus or not accepted as part of the gang & went beserk.

Makes me sick:mad:

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
The body of the gunman should be released to the victims families so they can chop it up into tiny bits then feed the chunks to a pack of wild pigs while the gunmans family watches.

You watch there will be some sob story behind all of this where the gunman was neglected by the girls on campus or not accepted as part of the gang & went beserk.

Makes me sick:mad:
They don't even know if he was a student or not.

What bothers me is that he killed a bunch of people in a dorm, then 2 hours later, killed a bunch more people in another building a mile away! How the hell does that happen? Nobody heard the shots and noticed a guy leaving the dorm with guns? How could he have killed that many people and not gotten any blood on him?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, like they said, they thought the incident was over after he left the dorms, but the manhunt didn't focus on the rest of the campus...(which apparently is extremely large). The thing that bugged me was that there were still students coming to school after the first incident...they didn't get the word out early and then the second incident happened.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The first incident was believed to be a domestic dispute (two people, female and male killed) and they aren't certain it was the same person that shot the students in the hall. Many more were injured by the shooter on his rampage in the hall.

If indeed this was a student who was depressed because of acceptance or lack thereof, while I understand the action I don't believe it to be the correct action (of course, who would). Tortured souls like those justify their means until they have nothing left, it is sick that a person would allow these things to happen to themselves and afflict that rage against others.:(

What is really sad is the families and friends of those lost, and the pain they must be feeling, my heart a prayers go out to the families and friends, very sad.

race4aliving

race4aliving

Audioholic
My youngest son is a sophmore engineering student at Tech, he had a class in that building at that time but was running about 20 min. late due to a printer problem. his roomate was one of the victims. my other son is in the 82nd Airborne and currently deployed, I never thought I would worry about Zach at Tech experincing the same horrors as Chuck does in Iraq. but thank god tonight they are still both safe.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
They don't even know if he was a student or not.
They know weather he is a student or not, we the public just dont know yet,we wait to find out who he is while the university puts a spin on for damage control.:mad:

What i want to know is if he was a citizen of the United States ? I got a feeling that there is something behind this guy's citizenship thats holding back any info about him from the media,a student visa maybee.

N

nichols540

Audiophyte
Thank You

I would like to let everyone know that I am a student at VT, and today was a tragedy. With 33 dead, and lots more injured, I have to say that this school will not be the same for a long time. I want to say thank you all for your prayers and thoughts through out today. I was on campus when everything was happening, and I had may friends in Norris during the shooting. One man's actions can tear our entire world apart. Most of us still have no idea what to say and how to recover. Please continue praying for the families and our entire community. Thank you all, and turn up your music loud and give a toast to the brave officers who risk their lives for us every day.

Brian

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
They know weather he is a student or not, we the public just dont know yet,we wait to find out who he is while the university puts a spin on for damage control.:mad:

What i want to know is if he was a citizen of the United States ? I got a feeling that there is something behind this guy's citizenship thats holding back any info about him from the media,a student visa maybee.

The last disaster like this happened in Texas, he was a US citizen, too early to jump to conclusion, its a sad and tragic affair, just like Columbine, time for automatic weapon sales to be curbed.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
what sucks in situations like these is that the guy responsible is dead, and you don't know who to extract revenge/justice from.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Revenge?:confused: Justice is what should be found, not revenge. Have they absolutely confirmed that said person was indeed the shooter. I mean if he isn't that could mean the shooter just put the gun on the person to make it appear as though they were the shooter, but I guess their would be security cameras that would have identified the shooter. The campus police chief is reluctant to give out much information, probably because he can't or simply doesn't know. Could you imagine what this feels like for him? Things like this hurt everyone, aside from the press it seems. The media lavishes these things, I saw the press conference, and I could honestly say there would be no way for me to maintain composure being asked those questions, especially after all that he had seen in the hall. This is a true heartbreaking event that no one could have expected. How can human beings be so evil and twisted?:(

race4aliving, I am glad to hear that you son is safe. I would imagine he is feeling some intense emotions right now. I hope he is holding up. Thank God he was running late.

nichols540, sadly I don't think you school will ever be the same. Such an event leaves a permanent mark on a small society. It is a tragedy what happened today, I am truly disheartens me. To see the look on the faces of those involved or coming into contact with the tragedy really lets you know how serious and painful this event is. All our hearts be with those that are part of this tragedy.:(

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Seth,as a parent who has lost a son i can tell you & anybody else for a fact that revenge is whats needed,there is no justice to be had when your a parent who looses a child,aside from the life long depression & nightmares that these parents are going to experience revenge is what will consume most of their thoughts & dreams.

Revenge is a good thing & i pray that in some way they get revenge.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis