Marvel's Jessica Jones Series On Netflix

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
There's also a disappointment factor, in that some aspects of the show are very good, like the casting and the acting, and then the stupid stuff is highlighted even more, which caused frustration. Especially for my wife. She likes female leads, but felt Jessica was written to be too dysfunctional and often just dumb.
Maybe I'm dumb, I didn't notice her being particularly stupid. Then again, I could just be confused.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
There's also a disappointment factor, in that some aspects of the show are very good, like the casting and the acting, and then the stupid stuff is highlighted even more, which caused frustration. Especially for my wife. She likes female leads, but felt Jessica was written to be too dysfunctional and often just dumb.
I agree with your wife 100%.

I love female leads. I even prefer female leads over male leads. But not in this series. I just wanted somebody to put Jessica Jones out of her misery because I felt she was always in too much pain and irreparable agony.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe I'm dumb, I didn't notice her being particularly stupid. Then again, I could just be confused.
Of course, you're not dumb.

Her "chemistry" just clicked with yours.

Some people love her character, some people hate it. I don't think there is a rationale.

I thought her character was dumb too.

But I don't think anyone who enjoyed or sympathized with her is dumb.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
later on in show - towards end of the season Netflix brought in a cameo

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
OK, we finally sat down and watched this. Ultimately, it was good. Not Daredevil, but still entertaining.

I still say the first three episodes were agonizingly slooooooooow but, once Killgrave entered the picture, things picked up greatly.

The first three, we forced ourselves to watch but, towards the end, we just had to watch 'em all in four sittings.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
For me, Dare Devil and Gotham are big wins!
Any other similar shows I wouldn't want to miss?
"Arrow" would be good. Not as great as Daredevil, but pretty good.

The upcoming "Punisher" series should be great.

Not Jessica Jones.

"Supergirl" is much better than JJ. :D

Heck, "The Flash" is much better than JJ. :D

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just finished JJ S01. All 13 long episodes.

I thought it was absolutely terrible, one of the worst shows I have ever seen.

I hope the writers & directors of this show will have absolutely no part of The Defender series.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Oh come on it's ok. Sure improvements needed here and there. I'm sure you'll tune in for Season 2. I know I will.

I'm on episode 6 or 7. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oh come on it's ok. Sure improvements needed here and there. I'm sure you'll tune in for Season 2. I know I will.
Well, that depends on the user reviews on IMDB. If people say the same thing about S02 that I saw in S01, I will not even watch a single episode of JJ S02.

If I don't even watch S02E01, I won't feel compelled to watch E02-E13. :D

I thought JJ S01 had terrible writing, terrible plot, terrible acting, terrible directing, and I think I am being very civilized and nice. :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well you're not wrong in those aspects, but still not the worst. S2 will make up for it I bet.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well you're not wrong in those aspects, but still not the worst. S2 will make up for it I bet.
Perhaps not the worst overall in the history of TV shows. But the disparity between Daredevil vs JJ in terms of plot, character development, acting, editing, and directing is astronomical IMO.

I think Supergirl, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow are all much better than JJ. :D

The quality of Arrow & Daredevil are way above JJ.

I think the only thing that could save JJ is having The Punisher in all 13 episodes of S02 of JJ. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I really liked it. I'm looking forward to season 2.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
When Jessica killed Kilgrave in the end, I kept waiting for the Tardis to appear with a new Doctor.

But I still enjoyed it. Over the past month or so I've watched Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones, and now I'm on to Daredevil. My wife is watching Daredevil with me, so it'll probably take me a few weeks to get through it.

Favorite Netflix series so far is still Travelers.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I am not into super hero movies or shows at all, but after reading all the hatred Acudeftechguy had for Jessica Jones, I thought maybe it might not be so bad after all, since our tastes seem to run in opposite directions. So I gave it a chance and.. I actually enjoyed it. Keep in mind I hate almost everything Marvel comics related, except for maybe the Punisher (well I also liked the first couple Blade movies as well).

I liked the villain, I liked the hero, and I liked that the show didn't place too much emphasis on 'super powers', except for the villain's abilities. The writing was fine, the characters were fine. The pacing was a little slow, but not too bad, no worse than many other shows produced nowadays. Probably one aspect that helped was that my expectations for it were pretty low, since it was from Marvel. It wasn't the greatest show, but it was unexpectedly watchable.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I saw enough potential there that I plan to watch the second season when it's released.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
...after reading all the hatred Acudeftechguy had for Jessica Jones...
3 words: WORST SHOW EVER. :D

JJ: I'll just push the bad guys around because that's all I know how to do, and I won't kill them because I want to give them a chance to kill me and kill everyone else first. :D

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Who doesn't love an alcoholic female Super Hero? :p

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I'm more into Black Widow, Wonder Woman, and Trinity (from Matrix).
Trinity makes a pretty good lawyer in Jessica Jones and Iron Fist. Anyway, the best female superhero has got to be Buffy. Joss Whedon needs to make a new Buffy series for Netflix.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis