Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
This one did not disappoint. Don’t mind watching them once a week. It will finish up and then Falcon and The Winter Soldier will come around March 19th.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Have a question for those that really know Marvel, but probably should use a spoiler tag.

I keep seeing articles stating that with the introduction of Pietro, that mutants are now part of the MCU, but wouldn't that make Wanda a mutant as well? I know Fox/Disney-Marvel have handled these characters differently, but it still seems kind of confusing.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Have a question for those that really know Marvel, but probably should use a spoiler tag.

I keep seeing articles stating that with the introduction of Pietro, that mutants are now part of the MCU, but wouldn't that make Wanda a mutant as well? I know Fox/Disney-Marvel have handled these characters differently, but it still seems kind of confusing.
Nobody knows for sure yet.

Pietro and Wanda are both mutants in the comics, and so are her children. I do believe this is all leading into introducing mutants into the MCU. There are theories heating up that Hayward with SWORD was somehow reverse engineering Vision to use his AI and tech toward the creation of sentinels. The sentinels are created in the comics specifically to hunt down mutants. Lots of Fantastic 4 possibilities here as well! Another li'l easter egg, all of their Halloween costumes are comic book accurate to their actual costumes.

Here are a couple more video breakdowns for episode 6 on some of the possibilities. Again, HUGE SPOILERS in these videos, so don't watch them until you're caught up!

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Have been a bit busy the few days (until today) but finally got back around to Phase 2 of the MCU.

I forgot how much I enjoyed these movies, and even the ones I didn't think I originally liked all that much, have been really fun to watch. Today I managed to watch Thor: The Dark World in the morning, and Iron Man 3 tonight. Both were much better than I remembered them being (both were the ones I liked least the first time I'd seen them).

Next up on the docket is my #1 Marvel movie: Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Not going to lie, I'm excited for this one.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Watched Winter Soldier and Guardians of The Galaxy: Volume 1 over the last two days. Both such great movies.

Only two more to go to finish off Phase 2 of the MCU: GoTG: Volume 2, and Avengers: Age of Ultron. Unfortunately, I'm leaving to go back up to work tomorrow, so I probably won't get through both of them before I go. GoTG I'll watch tomorrow morning. I'll also miss the next two episodes of WandaVision.

On the plus side, I've got two weeks to catch up on a ton of episodes of Agents of SHIELD.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Holy cow. Shit's hitting the fan now!

Agatha Harkness! That's who everyone was speculating Agnes was! They even shoved it all in our nerd faces and made a song of it! Ha ha!

Maria's photon powers are starting to manifest too. She's got super powers in the comics and goes by a few different names, but I'm thinking she'll become "Photon" or "Spectrum". I'll bet we get a Dr Strange cameo by the last episode and this leads right into Multiverse of Madness, the next Dr Strange movie.

Last edited:
}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I'm so jealous. I have to wait until the 4th of March to be able to watch the episode yesterday, and next week's episode as well.

Glad to see/hear that people are enjoying it. I'm now 4 episodes into season 2 of Agents of SHIELD.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
1 more week up at work, then I'll be home and able to watch WandaVision the last 3 episodes.

In the meantime, I'm on episode 12 of season 2 of Agents of SHIELD. This show is great. Highly, highly recommend it.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Watched WandaVision Episode 8. Previously On.:oops: Stay tuned during the credits. Really enjoyed this one.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh boy. I'm just waiting for the wife to get home and we're gonna watch it.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Watched WandaVision Episode 8. Previously On.:oops: Stay tuned during the credits. Really enjoyed this one.
Greatest. Episode. Ever!

That might be a little dramatic, but it was a really good episode.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Greatest. Episode. Ever!

That might be a little dramatic, but it was a really good episode.
We learned a lot, but it was awful short. I think I know what's coming but can't really touch on anything without possibly spoiling the next episode. These revelations have huge implications if they pull some more from the comics. Thanos/Dormamu level implications.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
One of the things I think Marvel nails almost every time is casting the right actors for the parts. Kathryn Hahn is killing it so far. I've always liked her quirkiness and acting.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
We learned a lot, but it was awful short. I think I know what's coming but can't really touch on anything without possibly spoiling the next episode. These revelations have huge implications if they pull some more from the comics. Thanos/Dormamu level implications.
Short? I think it was the longest episode of the season so far. As well as one of the best. I can see why they haven't green lit a 2nd season yet though.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah I am loving WandaVision. They should just call the series The Scarlet Witch. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Short? I think it was the longest episode of the season so far. As well as one of the best. I can see why they haven't green lit a 2nd season yet though.
Well... I guess I'm just spoiled from binge watching some other shows. I'm loving it so far, but the episodes seem to end way too soon for me! Hahn looked awesome at the end and after the big reveal I wanted to see more, lol.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja

In the books Wanda and Pietro started out on Magnetos evil mutant team. That was a LONG time ago.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Well... I guess I'm just spoiled from binge watching some other shows. I'm loving it so far, but the episodes seem to end way too soon for me! Hahn looked awesome at the end and after the big reveal I wanted to see more, lol.
Maybe you haven't seen the most recent episode, but it's almost an hour long. As well as one of the best episodes yet.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Maybe you haven't seen the most recent episode, but it's almost an hour long. As well as one of the best episodes yet.
Oh I saw it.
It ended with Agatha in her true form holding the kids hostage!
I just hate the wait between episodes, especially when they end on cliffhangers like that! I've gotten spoiled from Netflix style binge watching shows. I get why they do it, but I really considered waiting until it was all over so I wouldn't have to wait a week for every episode.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis