Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
1 more day until I'm back home. Can't decide if I'll watch episodes 7& 8 tomorrow night, or binge the last 3 on Friday. I'll see what my wife and son want to do.

Also, almost through season 2 of Agents of SHIELD. It ties in directly with Avengers: Age of Ultron, which is the next movie up on my retour through the MCU, so it lines up nicely with my getting back home.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So, for those penny-pinchers, Disney+ is going up to $7.99 per month on March 26th. One could cancel the monthly service if it ends a few days before the new price date and switch to the current annual fee of $69.99. The new annual fee will be $79.99 or $7.99 per month for a total of $95.88 for the year. Anyway, WandaVision tomorrow!

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Watched episodes 7 & 8 last night.

They were good, but I was kind of expecting........more. The "reveal" about:

Agnes being Agatha Harkness, was pretty much known at that point already. It wasn't a surprise at all really that she wasn't on the up and up.

Hopefully the last episode is some epic stunner, though I hope there isn't some massive cliffhanger at the end. They need to wrap it up in a neat package for us.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Watched episodes 7 & 8 last night.

They were good, but I was kind of expecting........more. The "reveal" about:

Agnes being Agatha Harkness, was pretty much known at that point already. It wasn't a surprise at all really that she wasn't on the up and up.

Hopefully the last episode is some epic stunner, though I hope there isn't some massive cliffhanger at the end. They need to wrap it up in a neat package for us.
I doubt there is a cliffhanger as this very would could be the last episode of the series. Guessing if there is a cliffhanger, it directly ties into the next Dr Strange movie, and they haven't announced a second season yet, although where would they go if they did?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What sucks for me is, I can watch the last episode right now but I have to wait for the wifey...

I don't see how they're going to be able to tie everything up and answer all the questions in one short episode. I have a feeling it's gonna be a cliffhanger and lead right into the next Dr Strange movie.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I always thought it was going to lead into the next Dr. Strange movie when it was said that Olsen was being cast in the next Strange movie some time ago. I never thought there would be another season and I think the story as it is could have been told in a single film. But, Disney+ needs content and I've enjoyed seeing it weekly. The mini series is a lost format. Too many shows have taken mini series material and tried getting something more out of it. Remember Heroes, The Event, or The Dome? WandaVision will end and then Falcon and The Winter Soldier will roll around. Later, Loki. Funny, looking all of them up online, WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier come up as mini series and only Loki comes up as TV series. Hmmm.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Watched finale...o_O
Heart wrenching :confused:. A fitting end I guess, considering the overall theme of the show. I feel that:

Vision will be back. His clone was imparted with all of the original versions memories before he took off. I also think that given the end credits final scene their children are still somehow alive, and that Wanda will find them. Possibly with Dr. Stranges help in his movie next year. Either way, I'm excited for the way they're headed in phase 4 of the MCU.

I also just finished watching Avengers: Age of Ultron. Officially finished phase 2 of the MCU again now. Next up is Ant-Man to kick off phase 3.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Heart wrenching :confused:. A fitting end I guess, considering the overall theme of the show. I feel that:

Vision will be back. His clone was imparted with all of the original versions memories before he took off. I also think that given the end credits final scene their children are still somehow alive, and that Wanda will find them. Possibly with Dr. Stranges help in his movie next year. Either way, I'm excited for the way they're headed in phase 4 of the MCU.

I also just finished watching Avengers: Age of Ultron. Officially finished phase 2 of the MCU again now. Next up is Ant-Man to kick off phase 3.
Kinda heart wrenching but also satisfying. I'm happy with the way it ended, but there are some grumblings among some who weren't as satisfied. Mainly because...
The Pietro thing didn't go anywhere. He was just some rando. Also there was a lot teased that didn't really come to pass. Paul Bettany was trolling when he hinted there would be an actor in the final episode that he's "admired since he was a child and always wanted to work with", and it turned out to be himself, lol. A lot of people were expecting a big reveal with a new actor playing a Thanos level character. Nope. No hint of a big bad behind the scenes pulling strings, tho the Darkhold was canonically created by Chthon. It's also responsible for creating vampires in the Marvel universe (Blade) so the door is still open...
But whatevs. I'm happy with it and there's lots of room for some cool stuff coming up. I did however, cancel my sub to D+. I'm highly upset with all of the crap going on at Lucasfilm with Star Wars now. Until they remove Kathleen Kennedy and her toxic little band of merry justice warriors, Star Wars is dead to me. I may be starting a thread about it. Maybe. I'm just so disgusted right now. Firing Gina was the last straw for me.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Kinda heart wrenching but also satisfying. I'm happy with the way it ended, but there are some grumblings among some who weren't as satisfied. Mainly because...
The Pietro thing didn't go anywhere. He was just some rando. Also there was a lot teased that didn't really come to pass. Paul Bettany was trolling when he hinted there would be an actor in the final episode that he's "admired since he was a child and always wanted to work with", and it turned out to be himself, lol. A lot of people were expecting a big reveal with a new actor playing a Thanos level character. Nope. No hint of a big bad behind the scenes pulling strings, tho the Darkhold was canonically created by Chthon. It's also responsible for creating vampires in the Marvel universe (Blade) so the door is still open...
But whatevs. I'm happy with it and there's lots of room for some cool stuff coming up. I did however, cancel my sub to D+. I'm highly upset with all of the crap going on at Lucasfilm with Star Wars now. Until they remove Kathleen Kennedy and her toxic little band of merry justice warriors, Star Wars is dead to me. I may be starting a thread about it. Maybe. I'm just so disgusted right now. Firing Gina was the last straw for me.
I gave up on SW:

A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.......

(The prequels pretty much did me in, this last abomination of a trilogy sealed the deal).

I can't even stomach watching the Mandalorian despite all of the good things I've heard about it.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It is what it is. Stupid actors need to keep their stupid mouths shut and studios need to stop with the knee jerk reactions whenever they open their mouths. Each are bound by the terms of their contracts and since I'm not in the know about what any of them signed, I really don't give a s#%t. How 'bout just not renewing her contract because she is a s#%t actress. She's like a bull in a china shop that can't deliver a line. I did enjoy The Mandalorian, though. It's a space western. I can't watch the butchered original trilogy or the prequels anymore, yikes. But, this is a Marvel thread and I enjoyed WandaVision and am looking forward to "The Falcon and The Winter Soldier" in just two weeks!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I gave up on SW:

A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.......

(The prequels pretty much did me in, this last abomination of a trilogy sealed the deal).

I can't even stomach watching the Mandalorian despite all of the good things I've heard about it.
The Mandalorian is great. John Favreau and Dave Filoni actually know and love Star Wars. They respect the canon, characters and most importantly, the fans. There's a faction at Lucasfilm right now who have nothing but contempt for the fandom and are hell bent on burning Star Wars to the ground. The firing of Gina Carano was in retaliation to the overwhelmingly positive fan reaction to the show, and her as an actor.

She handed off the Mandalorian to Favreau thinking that there isn't anything anyone could do to make the fans happy. She was sure it would fail. Instead, Favreau gave the fans what they wanted. When they did the big Luke Skywalker redemption/reveal at the end of the last season Disney's servers were overwhelmed and shut down for a short period because of the inrush of new subscriptions. From a business perspective why would you want to screw that up? Kennedy was furious because it made her look foolish, and Pablo Hidalgo (team Kennedy) mocked fans for having strong emotional reactions to the episode.

You would think a creator would swell with pride to see fans have such an overwhelming and positive reaction to something your company created. All of the good will it fostered among fans. Nope. Nothing but contempt. Well, now the subs are disappearing almost as fast as they grew after Gina's firing, and of the past dozen videos posted on their official channel, some have 80-90% bad ratings. Like I said, I canceled my sub too.

Rumor has it they're not done yet either and going after Rosario Dawson next. Her plan is to dismantle all of the shows and good will Favreau and Filoni have built back up with Mando. Firing Gina was just the first step. You watch, I guarantee this isn't over. Kennedy wants them to fail. This is personal with her now and she despises Star Wars fans. I'm completely baffled Disney is supporting this cancel culture. She needs to go, and firing Gina was completely uncalled for. She didn't do or say anything that bad.

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It matters not what was said, just what was signed. Disney may just be accumulating data for some firing of it’s own. And NOBODY showed more contempt than Lucas himself with the Midi-chlorian BS and the shooting order in a certain cantina. Maybe he’s the s#%t behind the curtain who can’t stand to see anybody do Star Wars better than he did himself and Kennedy’s loyalties are to him. Who the f#%k knows other than those actually involved in it. Oh, and the Luke CGI was embarrassing and nearly ruined a great finale. Anyway, Two weeks til’ F&W!:D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It matters not what was said, just what was signed. Disney may just be accumulating data for some firing of it’s own. And NOBODY showed more contempt than Lucas himself with the Midi-chlorian BS and the shooting order in a certain cantina. Maybe he’s the s#%t behind the curtain who can’t stand to see anybody do Star Wars better than he did himself and Kennedy’s loyalties are to him. Who the f#%k knows other than those actually involved in it. Oh, and the Luke CGI was embarrassing and nearly ruined a great finale. Anyway, Two weeks til’ F&W!:D
The CGI isn't what made that scene epic, and didn't ruin it. It was the love and respect that went into it. Lucas might have made some bad decisions but he never mocked or belittled his fans. That's what I'm referring to when I say contemptuous. You know, I got emotional when I saw that scene. Does that make me a piece of shit too?

I may or may not renew my sub for Marvel series. I dunno yet. I still love Marvel and they're under competent leadership with people who know, love and actually care about the source material and characters. At least they're still story driven. Plus it's nice not having the creators at marvel mock and belittle me for appreciating their product.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I’d never call you anything but an enthusiastic fan. I really enjoyed that finale. But, come on, nobody has more money to throw at something to get it right than Disney. And let’s be real here. If Gina leaned left, lots of folks wouldn’t give two s#%ts about what’s going on. The Last Jedi rubbed lots of folks the wrong way and it was on after that one. I didn’t care for it myself. Lucas is a d#%k that altered the first three movies and then told everybody they couldn’t watch the original cuts anymore. Contempt much? Anyway, not losing sleep here. It’s Disney’s problem. Enjoyed The Mandalorian, enjoyed WandaVision and am looking forward to all that comes next and that starts in just two weeks!:)

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Watched Captain America: Civil War this morning. I'd forgotten what happened in this one, and how important it was to the storyline. What a great movie. It really was more of an Avengers movie though, than a Captain America movie.

Next up officially on the Disney + MCU timeline is supposed to be Black Panther, but I'm going to watch Spider-Man: Homecoming on Netflix next as it's technically the next one in chronological order. Then Black Panther. Hopefully I get through a few more before I head back up to work on Thursday afternoon. If I also include Spider-Man: Far From Home in here, there are still 8 more movies to watch to get to the finale of Endgame.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Every time I see this thread I'm tempted to do it too. I've never set out to watch them all back to back in chronological order. I'm getting to the point where I haven't watched any of them except Endgame for a while now.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Every time I see this thread I'm tempted to do it too. I've never set out to watch them all back to back in chronological order. I'm getting to the point where I haven't watched any of them except Endgame for a while now.
Do it. It's been a great ride thus far. I've been meaning to do it for a long time, finally just said heck yeah*!!!!

*not my exact words

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I loved WandaVision. I think it's gonna be a tough act to beat. But I think this series is an absolute winner.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis