Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Pretty unassuming looking character, huh? His powers combined with his mental state are what make hm such a compelling villain for me. His back story almost makes you sympathize with him until you remember some of the atrocities.
I like the actor too in his various roles over the years, but perhaps he'll be best known for his role as the Doctor in Doctor Who.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I like the actor too in his various roles over the years, but perhaps he'll be best known for his role as the Doctor in Doctor Who.
He was also great in Broadchurch. There was an American remake of the first season of Broadchurch called Gracepoint and he was great in it as well. He was a funny mess in the remake of "Fright Night."

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Does anyone else have an issue with the volume on Disney+? I've noticed that the volume has to be cranked way up when I'm watching it, even just in order to hear the shows properly.

Netflix on the other hand, I have to crank the volume way down (mostly for my wife's sake rather than mine) or it gets too loud.

Anyone else notice this, or is it just me?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think it's because the goal is actual reference volume, meaning average volume of 85 dB on a calibrated system when the dial is zero using the reference scale. I've noticed it when streaming movies and blu rays too. I always have to turn it up. I think that's intentional.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I think it's because the goal is actual reference volume, meaning average volume of 85 dB on a calibrated system when the dial is zero using the reference scale. I've noticed it when streaming movies and blu rays too. I always have to turn it up. I think that's intentional.
I also have to turn Marvel films up. They also seem to lack extension. I love marvel films but I kinda wish they had DC soundtracks.....
Flame suit on!!!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I’m glad I keep watching the Marvel movies every night. Watched “Thor” and “Spiderman:Far From Home” this week and “Ant Man and The Wasp” last night. It wasn’t a bad idea because I just finished watching “WandaVision 4. We Interrupt This Program.” Woohoo!!! Best one yet!!!

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I’m glad I keep watching the Marvel movies every night. Watched “Thor” and “Spiderman:Far From Home” this week and “Ant Man and The Wasp” last night. It wasn’t a bad idea because I just finished watching “WandaVision 4. We Interrupt This Program.” Woohoo!!! Best one yet!!!
Going to watch episode 4 in a few hours once my son is home from work. Can't wait.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Anybody like into the spiderverse? Exemplary track.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Anybody like into the spiderverse? Exemplary track.
Best Spider-Man movie ever. And it's not close.

TBH, I didn't really like Homecoming and Far From Home. I'm not a fan of Holland as Spider-Man in general. Which sucks, as Spidey is my favorite Marvel hero (tied with Hulk).

Also, watched the 4th episode of WandaVision tonight. It was a doozy. This show is great so far. First 3 episodes were a nice slow burn, and the 4th one shifted into the next gear. This is going to set up phase 4 of the MCU in a big way. My only real wish for it, is that this is the gateway for mutants into the main MCU.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's a pretty detailed breakdown of episode 4. This guy does breakdowns and Easter eggs for Marvel, Star Wars, DC, etc. I love watching these after seeing the episode. He always finds stuff I missed.

Another pretty good Easter egg/breakdown from Nerdist.

Be warned,

HEAVY SPOILERS IN BOTH OF THESE VIDEOS!!!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Best Spider-Man movie ever. And it's not close.

TBH, I didn't really like Homecoming and Far From Home. I'm not a fan of Holland as Spider-Man in general. Which sucks, as Spidey is my favorite Marvel hero (tied with Hulk).

Also, watched the 4th episode of WandaVision tonight. It was a doozy. This show is great so far. First 3 episodes were a nice slow burn, and the 4th one shifted into the next gear. This is going to set up phase 4 of the MCU in a big way. My only real wish for it, is that this is the gateway for mutants into the main MCU.
I loved spider verse as well. One of the best marvel tracks ever, and amazing story. I do like Tom Holland, but I didn’t at first. I also like the Toby McGuire films. But that could be tied to the fact my oldest son watched them countless times, and wore a spider man costume for like four years straight lol. Tom was in a film I saw called the devil all the time(iirc). It was a big departure from spidey and I think showed his chops well. Hard to listen to his British accent lol. I liked far from home personally, but I also like Jake Gyllenhaal. And night monkey was hilarious.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I loved spider verse as well. One of the best marvel tracks ever, and amazing story. I do like Tom Holland, but I didn’t at first. I also like the Toby McGuire films. But that could be tied to the fact my oldest son watched them countless times, and wore a spider man costume for like four years straight lol. Tom was in a film I saw called the devil all the time(iirc). It was a big departure from spidey and I think showed his chops well. Hard to listen to his British accent lol. I liked far from home personally, but I also like Jake Gyllenhaal. And night monkey was hilarious.
One of the main reasons I didn't like the two Spider-Man movies: too much BS Hollywood 'wokeness'. I mean, besides Peter pretty much every other character had to hit all the minority check boxes. I'm all for inclusion in movies if it makes sense for the story. Inclusion for inclusions sake, is just stupid IMO. Ned Leeds is a fat Filipino guy? MJ is half black with no trace of her firey red hair? Flash Thompson is some twerpy geeky Indian dude? And no Harry Osborne at all?

One of those I could have overlooked. Two, I'd be 50/50 on. Put three in.......I'm out. Of course, that's just my opinion and I won't hate on anyone that liked those movies. Personal tastes and all being a subjective thing.

And for some reason Holland doesn't do it for me as Peter/Spidey. When I first saw him, I said "cool that they found a young kid to play the role. He can grow into the role." Then I found out he's a 4' tall manlet that is already a grown "man".

Anyway, sorry for ranting lol.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I hear you. I’m not a fan of changing characters altogether for global appeal but Hollywood has done it many times in the other direction. Don’t get me started on Kahn Noonien Singh or The Ancient One. Holland is a fine actor and emotes well but is, well, tiny. Jackman as Wolverine had the opposite problem.

Reality is, a kid in high school in Queens NY in the 2010’s is going to have a more diverse group of friends than he would have had in 1962 for several reasons. But, I’m with you all the way on Flash. He stunk! I understand not wanting to take on a whole new reboot but we still need a little bit more of Peter’s backstory thrown in here and there, too.

The Spiderman movies will always feel just a bit off from the rest of the MCU. Why? Easy, Sony. They just do things differently. The Holland movies are a move in the right direction in look and feel. Try watching any of the other movies and notice how badly they are lit. You never escape fully into the story because you can see that everything is shot on a sound stage and it feels more like a TV show. Avengers suffered from this just a bit and Whedon changed more than just the aspect ratio for Age of Ultron after everybody responded positively to Winter Soldier’s grittier look and feel.

Big budget comic book movies need big worldwide box office receipts so they are going to continue to change characters for foreign markets. Just have a look at The Eternals cast. Sometimes it’s an availability game and the studio and fans are on the same page but an actor is unavailable and somebody steps into a role to keep a movie on track.

Yikes, now I’m ranting. I still enjoy them all. Well, almost all of them. That last Fantastic Four movie needs to just fade away from all of our memories.
I’m just chilling out for now enjoying WandaVision. I also have a question for anybody who wants to give their two cents. Theory Alert! I predict a post credit scene in the Black Widow movie of Cap getting her back when he returns the Soul Stone. A soul for a soul, no? And hey, couldn’t Gamora sacrifice her past self for the Gamora that learned to love her sister and Quill? Just curious. Wow, I could have mowed the lawn.:confused:

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Watched the first Thor movie last night. I'm really enjoying making my way through the MCU movies in chronological order. Especially since I haven't watched most of them in years. Next up: Avengers. And that will be the end of Phase 1 of the MCU.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Watched the first Thor movie last night. I'm really enjoying making my way through the MCU movies in chronological order. Especially since I haven't watched most of them in years. Next up: Avengers. And that will be the end of Phase 1 of the MCU.
I do plan to do this too, maybe sometime soon. I've seen them all multiple times with the exception of Captain gnarly toes and was waiting for a bit so they'll be a little fresher for me. I never did list my favorites here, did I? My top five, in order:

1. Infinity War
2. Thor: Ragnarok
3. Iron Man- the one that started it all
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Endgame

I think Endgame technically isn't as strong a movie on its own as some of the others, but in context it's one of the most satisfying conclusions to a massive story arc I've seen. There were a lot of payoffs and call backs to other films. Cap wielding Mjolnir and the "assemble!" scene are up there with some of the best movie moments in cinema history in my opinion. What a great ending.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis