Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I do plan to do this too, maybe sometime soon. I've seen them all multiple times with the exception of Captain gnarly toes and was waiting for a bit so they'll be a little fresher for me. I never did list my favorites here, did I? My top five, in order:

1. Infinity War
2. Thor: Ragnarok
3. Iron Man- the one that started it all
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Endgame

I think Endgame technically isn't as strong a movie on its own as some of the others, but in context it's one of the most satisfying conclusions to a massive story arc I've seen. There were a lot of payoffs and call backs to other films. Cap wielding Mjolnir and the "assemble!" scene are up there with some of the best movie moments in cinema history in my opinion. What a great ending.
Captain gnarly toes! You misogynist!!!!!
Lmao.....

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Took in Captain Marvel and Thor: The Dark World after WandaVision on Friday. Compared scenes of Disney+ Infinity War vs UHD disc last night. Then moved on to Endgame. There are some great scenes in Endgame but I left the theater pissed off that Seinfeld’s finale continues to influence tv and movies to this day. “This is the last one f#%kers! So, lets throw everything but the kitchen sink at it!” It was too long and uneven. But, I lost my s#%t when Cap took on Thanos wielding Mjolnir and was the loudest person in the theater. Still pissed about Thor treatment but enjoyed that touching scene with his mother. Still can’t pick an absolute favorite because I enjoy them all so much but some are more special than others.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Took in Captain Marvel and Thor: The Dark World after WandaVision on Friday. Compared scenes of Disney+ Infinity War vs UHD disc last night. Then moved on to Endgame. There are some great scenes in Endgame but I left the theater pissed off that Seinfeld’s finale continues to influence tv and movies to this day. “This is the last one f#%kers! So, lets throw everything but the kitchen sink at it!” It was too long and uneven. But, I lost my s#%t when Cap took on Thanos wielding Mjolnir and was the loudest person in the theater. Still pissed about Thor treatment but enjoyed that touching scene with his mother. Still can’t pick an absolute favorite because I enjoy them all so much but some are more special than others.
Endgame was a bitter disappointment to me. I actually hated that movie. Though to be honest, I have only seen it the one time in theatre when it came out, and now I barely remember it. I'm working my way back to it though, so once I get there (in about a month or so lol) I can revisit and see why I hated it the first time around.

I'm currently waiting for my wife and daughter to finish watching their show (the NetFlix show Bridgerton) in the theatre room, so I can complete Phase 1 of the MCU with Avengers.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Finished Phase 1 now. Didn't get to watch Avengers last night, so I watched it this morning/afternoon. So much good stuff happens in that movie. That's got to be my favorite Marvel movie (though Winter Soldier is right there).

So many good moments in that movie. It's almost hard to belive it came out nearly 9 years ago. It still holds up well today, which is a testament to how well it was made.

Next up is the start of Phase 2 with: Iron Man 3 (my least favorite of that franchise).

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched the Iron Fist series and the Defender Series and I really have a hate on for Iron Fist. He's a moody impetetous fool that learned no mental discipline from all his years of training at Kumladen (how ever thats spelled). Stick had the right idea of lopping off his head. I'd vote "Iron Clad" as Jessica Jones put it, off the island. Not a team player.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I watched the Iron Fist series and the Defender Series and I really have a hate on for Iron Fist. He's a moody impetetous fool that learned no mental discipline from all his years of training at Kumladen (how ever thats spelled). Stick had the right idea of lopping off his head. I'd vote "Iron Clad" as Jessica Jones put it, off the island. Not a team player.
That was my least favorite of the Netflix series for sure.

Hopefully all of the other series get pulled over to Disney + and/or incorporated into the MCU somehow.

I'm back up to work now for the next 2 weeks, so I won't be watching WandaVision while I'm here. I did however start watching Agents of SHIELD from the beginning. So far I'm only 1 episode in, but I'm going to try to watch all 7 seasons in the next while. Not much else to do while I'm up here at work, except work, workout and watch a show or two every night.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Watched the latest episode of WandaVision last night, and wasn't disappointed. Don't want to give away any spoilers away, but the ending was interesting. Hopefully we can talk about it in a few days, because I have questions.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Watched the latest episode of WandaVision last night, and wasn't disappointed. Don't want to give away any spoilers away, but the ending was interesting. Hopefully we can talk about it in a few days, because I have questions.
There were some pretty intense moments in this episode! As far as spoiler talk, we do have a spoiler tag function.

Wanda is looking like the main bad guy as of now, but I think there's room for her being manipulated still. There are things she doesn't appear to be completely in control of, like the children and she looked genuinely confused when Evan Peters' Quicksilver showed up at the door! We got us some multiverse poop going on here now or what??

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It was another good one and lots to take in. It is playing out in at least one way I thought it might but will need to see it to the end.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Feel free to talk away. As @Pogre said, there are spoiler tags. I'll just avoid them.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
HEAVY SPOILERS IN THE VIDEOS BELOW!

I love watching these breakdown/theory videos. These guys comb through the whole show practically 1 frame at a time and find tons of little hidden easter eggs and tie ins to specific comic book issues. At this point nobody really knows what's going on but there are some fun theories out there. If there is someone pulling strings behind the scenes most of the theory channels have narrowed it down to 3 possible big baddies with ties to Wanda in the comics.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
There were some pretty intense moments in this episode! As far as spoiler talk, we do have a spoiler tag function.

Wanda is looking like the main bad guy as of now, but I think there's room for her being manipulated still. There are things she doesn't appear to be completely in control of, like the children and she looked genuinely confused when Evan Peters' Quicksilver showed up at the door! We got us some multiverse poop going on here now or what??
I am unsure of how to do a spoiler tag, so didn't want to spoil it for anyone. But yes, that is the surprise I wanted to talk about.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I am unsure of how to do a spoiler tag, so didn't want to spoil it for anyone. But yes, that is the surprise I wanted to talk about.
To do a spoiler tag just type "[*spoiler]insert spoiler here [*/spoiler] but remove the asterisks. Hit "preview post" so you can double check and make sure it worked.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
To do a spoiler tag just type "[*spoiler]insert spoiler here [*/spoiler] but remove the asterisks. Hit "preview post" so you can double check and make sure it worked.
Thanks!
Got it, and figured it was something easy, just didn't know how to do it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks!
Got it, and figured it was something easy, just didn't know how to do it.
Yup! Easy peasy. If you wanna see some of the theories and explanations floating around out there check out those videos I posted. Those guys do some serious deep diving.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Yup! Easy peasy. If you wanna see some of the theories and explanations floating around out there check out those videos I posted. Those guys do some serious deep diving.
Thanks, I'll have to check them out.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
My work shift got cut short. Instead of a 2 week shift, I'm only here for 1 week. I'll be heading home tomorrow. So Friday I'll be able to watch last week, and this week's episodes. Then I'll be able to talk about them. Yay.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Watched episode 5 last night

HOLY CRAP!!!!! I knew something big happened/was happening, but that was awesome. This literally opens up the door to any possibilities. Nothing is off of the table now. Full scale Mutant 'invasion' of the main MCU incoming. I had to go and watch the scene from Days Of Future Past when they rescue Magneto from under the White House, right after the episode ended. Also since my wife is watching with us and she didn't know what the ramificationsof it where, my son and I wanted to show/explain to her exactly what it meant.

Now I can't wait to watch today's episode. And I'm super excited to see this all tie in to the next Dr. Strange movie. I've heard that Chris Evans will

Have several cameo appearances in the film, and rumor says he'll play Captian HYDRA, as well as reprising his role as Johnny Storm/Human Torch from the 2 Fantastic Four movies

I also finished season 1 of Agents of SHIELD over the last week, and started on season 2. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Without giving anything away, season 1 directly ties into 3 MCU movies in Phase 2 of the MCU.

Exciting times to be a Marvel fan. I'm completely geeking out right now.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Watched episode 5 last night

HOLY CRAP!!!!! I knew something big happened/was happening, but that was awesome. This literally opens up the door to any possibilities. Nothing is off of the table now. Full scale Mutant 'invasion' of the main MCU incoming. I had to go and watch the scene from Days Of Future Past when they rescue Magneto from under the White House, right after the episode ended. Also since my wife is watching with us and she didn't know what the ramificationsof it where, my son and I wanted to show/explain to her exactly what it meant.

Now I can't wait to watch today's episode. And I'm super excited to see this all tie in to the next Dr. Strange movie. I've heard that Chris Evans will

Have several cameo appearances in the film, and rumor says he'll play Captian HYDRA, as well as reprising his role as Johnny Storm/Human Torch from the 2 Fantastic Four movies

I also finished season 1 of Agents of SHIELD over the last week, and started on season 2. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Without giving anything away, season 1 directly ties into 3 MCU movies in Phase 2 of the MCU.

Exciting times to be a Marvel fan. I'm completely geeking out right now.
I haven't watched the episode that dropped today yet, but looking forward to it. These half hour-45 minute episodes once a week are making it a little bit of a drag tho. I wish they'd just drop the whole season at once, but I understand why they're doing it. Keep those subscribers hungry for more...

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I haven't watched the episode that dropped today yet, but looking forward to it. These half hour-45 minute episodes once a week are making it a little bit of a drag tho. I wish they'd just drop the whole season at once, but I understand why they're doing it. Keep those subscribers hungry for more...
On one hand I wish they'd release all of the episode at once so I could binge watch the whole season at once. We're 'spolied' that way in this day and age.

On the other hand, I like having something to look forward to every week.

For me, the bummer is going to be that the season is only 9 episodes long. I wish these streaming services would be more in line with cable TV and have 20 (or more) episode seasons.

I haven't watched the newest episode that dropped today yet either. Going to watch in a hour or so.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis