Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
We went to see Shang Chi last night and really enjoyed it.

I wanted to see it as a big-budget martial Arts fantasy. I'm kind of weaning myself off Marvel after Endgame (won't be the same without certain characters).

Minus a couple cameos (one that the trailers don't give away) you'd barely be able to place it in the Marvel universe. There was a bit of Storm Riders, a bit of 47 Ronin, and other good genre films in there.

It was predictable and plenty of plot points could be seen a mile away, but it was well choreographed and very fun. Solid B+!
Booked tickets for my son and I to go see it Tuesday night. Can't wait.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Shang-Chi is a solid, solid movie. Saw it in 3-D tonight. I enjoyed it immensely, as did my son. Solid 8/10. Good story, good acting, great fight choreography and the cinematography was top notch. Can't wait for it to get onto Disney + next month so I can watch it again.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Yesterdays What If was probably the best one yet. Makes you wonder if there is going to be more to the multiverse than what has been reported/leaked so far.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Yesterdays What If was probably the best one yet. Makes you wonder if there is going to be more to the multiverse than what has been reported/leaked so far.
I didn't get the chance to watch it yet, I'll watch it tonight. And I suspect that Marvel has way more up it's sleeve than we even realize.

I thought Phase 4 might be a bit of a let down after the culmination of the first 3 Phases with Endgame, but so far it has been amazing.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Damn. Just watched that episode with my son. Crazy. That was definitely the best one yet. Can't wait for the final episode next week.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Finished “What If…” last week. Enjoyed the series but don’t think it ended on a level it hit midway.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Finished “What If…” last week. Enjoyed the series but don’t think it ended on a level it hit midway.
Yeah. I mean it was very good, but the What If....? comics never connected like that. They were just individual stories.

Going to go see Venom: Let There Be Carnage with my son on Thursday night. I'll give my thoughts about it after I see it.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, Marvel is all about connecting the Multiverse right now. Would have preferred one-offs. I remember loving the “WHAT IF THE HULK WENT- - BERSERK?” comic when I was a kid. There was a scene in “Captain America:Civil War” that pulled from this comic. I remember watching it and yelling, “They took that from What If the Hulk Went Berserk!”
E8DDD6EB-650B-47A1-B67C-25A06480E704.jpeg

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Saw Venom: Let There Be Carnage tonight. The movie was ok. 6/10 at most. Nothing great, nothing terrible about it. However, the end credit scene is pretty much worth the price of admission alone. I won't spoil it for anyone, but......

it sets up some major things for the Spiderman universe and the MCU in general. I can't wait for No Way Home now. Crazy times ahead.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Watched Shang-Chi yesterday, and overall thought it was a decent movie. The fight scenes at time reminded me of Crouching Tiger Hidden Ironman, but wish they would have fleshed out the characters a little more. I did find fault when the one armed guy cut the brake lines on the bus, which a vehicle that size would be air lines not hydraulic, the bus brakes should have locked up, not become inoperable. I also thought the movie looked a little soft at times, especially for being Imax Enhanced. Decent movie, but it's no Black Panther.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Watched Shang-Chi yesterday, and overall thought it was a decent movie. The fight scenes at time reminded me of Crouching Tiger Hidden Ironman, but wish they would have fleshed out the characters a little more. I did find fault when the one armed guy cut the brake lines on the bus, which a vehicle that size would be air lines not hydraulic, the bus brakes should have locked up, not become inoperable. I also thought the movie looked a little soft at times, especially for being Imax Enhanced. Decent movie, but it's no Black Panther.
I just saw it the other night. There are some great intense action scenes and fight choreography but it fell kinda flat story wise and characters for me. The bus fight scene had me on the edge of my seat tho, lots of fun. There are some things I liked for sure, but I'm not sure it quite grabs me like earlier phase 1 through 4 Marvel movies did.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Really enjoyed it and have watched it a couple of times, good stuff. IMAX ratio a plus though I noticed a bit of flickering in really dark scenes on this one depending on TV settings. Tinkered with it and got a really nice image out of it.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I'll be rewatching Shang-Chi this week when my best friend and his son come over to watch it. I'm looking forward to it. Especially on the new pre pro.

I haven't heard anything good about Eternals. It's the lowest rated Marvel movie on RT right now apparently. And on another forum I frequent, they're tearing it apart. One guy (who's a big Marvel fan) said he could only give it a 5/10, and that was based strictly on the visuals otherwise he'd have given it a lower score. Too bad, as I was really looking forward to this one.

Anyone here seen it yet?

@Pogre @Trebdp83 @Huey645 @Kvn_Walker

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Haven’t seen it yet but was worried after the first trailer came out. It just didn’t look good.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'll be rewatching Shang-Chi this week when my best friend and his son come over to watch it. I'm looking forward to it. Especially on the new pre pro.

I haven't heard anything good about Eternals. It's the lowest rated Marvel movie on RT right now apparently. And on another forum I frequent, they're tearing it apart. One guy (who's a big Marvel fan) said he could only give it a 5/10, and that was based strictly on the visuals otherwise he'd have given it a lower score. Too bad, as I was really looking forward to this one.

Anyone here seen it yet?

@Pogre @Trebdp83 @Huey645 @Kvn_Walker
I haven't seen it yet, but I haven't been hiding from spoilers and reviews, and am braced for disappointment. Either way I'll be waiting until I can see it for free.

Marvel did great through 4 phases and pulled off something new that no one has done before. I could see cracks in the armor toward the end leading up to Endgame tho. I had a feeling. I'm just glad they made it to that conclusion successfully. Infinity War is one of my all time favorite comic book runs.

Part of the problem with the Eternals is... well, the Eternals. They weren't super popular comic book runs. Iron Man and GOTG weren't exactly household names either, but they have a cult following among comic book fans. The Eternals, not so much. Same with Capt Marvel. Just not very popular characters, but great for diversity points and virtue signaling.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I wasn't impressed by the trailer for Eternals. Without Iron Man and Cap, I don't see the MCU cranking out the sheer number of smash hits in the near future. If my best half says she'd like to see it, then we'll go.

Shang Chi, like I said, I was able to enjoy because I didn't really approach it as an MCU film. It was a kickass (but predictably by the numbers) martial arts film when looked at through that lens.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis