Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Ok, saw “Spider-Man: No Way Home” in D-Box tonight. I’m a physical and emotional wreck.:D It’s everything I hoped it would be and more. It has more heart and heartbreak than I thought they could actually pull off. Wow! Run, don’t walk to see this one. Just watch every Sony Spidey movie and every Disney Marvel TV show and movie before you go to prep for it and stay for the mid and end credit scenes.o_O

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok, saw “Spider-Man: No Way Home” in D-Box tonight. I’m a physical and emotional wreck.:D It’s everything I hoped it would be and more. It has more heart and heartbreak than I thought they could actually pull off. Wow! Run, don’t walk to see this one. Just watch every Sony Spidey movie and every Disney Marvel TV show and movie before you go to prep for it and stay for the mid and end credit scenes.o_O
I'm gonna try and get out this morning to go see it. I'm hoping to avoid a crowded theater by going early. There's a show at 10:30 am at my local theater.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Hopefully tomorrow night for me. Just waiting for my son to get back to me about his availability for a time.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks, I was going to start thread to see if anyone has seen it yet. The premise is great and I'm looking forward to watching it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, so the theaters were all packed so I'm not even gonna try. I hate sitting 2' from the screen surrounded by loud kids and people with their cell phones out...

Might shoot for like a first showing tomorrow morning but if it's packed I'll wait for a weekday.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
:confused: Yeah, it’s pulling in record crowds and money. I bought tickets awhile back for last night’s show. Get in there as soon as you can and try to avoid spoilers.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Awesome. I'm going to go see it tomorrow night now. Just confirmed with my son. Can't wait.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The first show at 10:30 is packed again. I don't like crowds and I don't like being right on top of the screen. Gonna shoot for a weekday morning if I can.

Screenshot_2021-12-19-06-03-31_copy_760x430.png

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I ordered tickets yesterday for the 6:30 PM showing tonight. At least, I thought I'd ordered them for tonight. When they came through, it turns out I'd ordered them for last night. So I had to phone Cineplex (here in Canada) to try canceling/getting a refund.

Screenshot_20211218-184140_Phone.jpg

Yes. 2 hours and 51 minutes on hold/wait to get a refund. Then I repurchased for tonight's showing.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Went and saw it this evening. After all the great press, reviews and hype surrounding it I thought it was going to be Amazing. I left the theater feeling disappointed and confused as to why people are loving this movie so much. The first 20 minutes are great, then the plot completely falls apart and the movie just gets.......dumb.

Anyway, 5 or 6/10 at best.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Thought you might not think it was all that and a bag of chips after your reaction to the latest Venom movie. I was able to enjoy it very much. Don’t hold on too tight to the comics. It’s an adaptation and the different studios’ rights to different characters made a mess of it all years ago. Just enjoy it for what it is. Maybe I’m too easily amused these days and the D-Box seat shook the good sense out of me.;)

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Thought you might not think it was all that and a bag of chips after your reaction to the latest Venom movie. I was able to enjoy it very much. Don’t hold on too tight to the comics. It’s an adaptation and the different studios’ rights to different characters made a mess of it all years ago. Just enjoy it for what it is. Maybe I’m too easily amused these days and the D-Box seat shook the good sense out of me.;)
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'd never presume to tell another person what they should or shouldn't enjoy.

My displeasure with the movie had nothing to do with any kind of comic book accuracy. More to do with the way the characters acted in this movie, which IMO was completely out of character given the way they'd acted in previous movies prior to this one. Also:

So much plot Armour. Too much. The ending of the movie was about as bad writing as I've ever seen in Hollywood. If Dr. Strange could have just reset everything by simply casting that spell, why didn't he just do that? It made the entire movie pointless. May dying. Ottos redemption.

Not to mention that mid credit scene. It completely shat on the end credit scene from Venom, making it also all but pointless. Sure, a part of the Venom symbiote was left behind........sigh. On top of that, Tobey and Andrew were terrible. Their acting was just......bad.

The scenes that were supposed to elicit an emotional response with the audience, just made me shrug my shoulders in indifference. I simply could not connect enough with the characters to actually care at all.

There was just too much in this movie that made it almost unwatchable IMO.

There were some really great moments in the movie, but they were massively overshadowed by a story/plot that quickly fell apart.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I'm at my sisters dogsitting for 2 weeks. She has Netflix and I just started watching the Defenders. Pretty cool so far but I noticed there were also Iron Fist and Daredevil available and maybe Luke Cage also? Any tips on what order to watch and what is must see. Thanks, I don't think I can binge everything in 10 more days. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm at my sisters dogsitting for 2 weeks. She has Netflix and I just started watching the Defenders. Pretty cool so far but I noticed there were also Iron Fist and Daredevil available and maybe Luke Cage also? Any tips on what order to watch and what is must see. Thanks, I don't think I can binge everything in 10 more days. :)
Daredevil is by far way better than The Defenders. By quite a margin. Those Netflix Marvel series started with DD and branched out from there, with DD being the highest rated and liked by both reviewers and the audience. I thought the first season of Jessica Jones was very good too. Then The Punisher, Luke Cage was okay, Iron Fist was just bad. I'd put Defenders second from the bottom.

In this order for me:
Daredevil all 3 seasons
Jessica Jones Season 1
The Punisher
Luke Cage
Defenders
Iron Fist

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Daredevil is by far way better than The Defenders. By quite a margin. Those Netflix Marvel series started with DD and branched out from there, with DD being the highest rated and liked by both reviewers and the audience. I thought the first season of Jessica Jones was very good too. Then The Punisher, Luke Cage was okay, Iron Fist was just bad. I'd put Defenders second from the bottom.

In this order for me:
Daredevil all 3 seasons
Jessica Jones Season 1
The Punisher
Luke Cage
Defenders
Iron Fist
Thanks man that is insightful. And in the Marvel comic universe the Defenders was a whole different group. I think I'll watch DD then Cage while I have access to Netflix.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I'd watch them in the chronological order the seasons came out in. They start to tie in by season 2 of Daredevil, and it all leads up to The Defenders. So if you don't watch them in the proper order, you'll skip/miss things and be wondering what's going on.

I really hope they restart/continue these series on Disney + and (Spider-Man: No Way Home Spolier alert)

At the very least Charlie Coxs Daredevil is now in the MCU. Yay!!!!!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Hawkeye just completed the first, and last?, season. I found it quite enjoyable.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Since I already started on the Defenders, I'm going to ride it out. Next I'll go to Daredevil then at least watch the first few episodes of the rest.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis