Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
The first 3 episodes of What If....? dropped on Disney + today. Hopefully I'll get the chance to watch them tonight. I'm on vacation right now, we stopped home for 1 night, then we're off on the next leg of our vacation starting tomorrow for another 7 days.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
The first 3 episodes of What If....? dropped on Disney + today. Hopefully I'll get the chance to watch them tonight. I'm on vacation right now, we stopped home for 1 night, then we're off on the next leg of our vacation starting tomorrow for another 7 days.
Sweet. Been looking forward to this one.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Episode 1 is available to stream now, but no more. Will check it out tonight. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos available for equipped systems. Looks good.
52BF4875-539C-48A9-BE89-8B186F2796FA.jpeg

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Episode 1 is available to stream now, but no more. Will check it out tonight. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos available for equipped systems. Looks good.
View attachment 49701
Yeah. I just looked up Disney + to see how long the episodes are, and it only has the 1st episode listed. Every release schedule I'd seen showed the first 3 being released today. Too bad (oh, and it's 33 mins long apparently).

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
My son and I throughly enjoyed that first episode of What If....? last night. Very well done, and loosely tied in to Agents of SHIELD as well.

Excited to see next weeks episode, and see how or if this series ties in in any way to the MCU.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Just watched “What If… episode 2.” Loved it! Really like the animation in this show. It really helps to have watched all of the Marvel movies recently when taking in this show. In other news, Disney now supposedly interested in a Sony purchase.:oops:

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Just watched “What If… episode 2.” Loved it! Really like the animation in this show. It really helps to have watched all of the Marvel movies recently when taking in this show. In other news, Disney now supposedly interested in a Sony purchase.:oops:
I feel like Sony would be better off just selling the back their rights rather than part with their entire production studio. I hadn't heard that one yet. Interesting.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Yes. The first 2 episodes have not disappointed for sure. The animation style is top notch, and getting the actors from the movies to do the voices just adds to it.

That's huge news if it happens. Then we can (possibly) get Venom into the MCU as well, which would be awesome.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yes. The first 2 episodes have not disappointed for sure. The animation style is top notch, and getting the actors from the movies to do the voices just adds to it.

That's huge news if it happens. Then we can (possibly) get Venom into the MCU as well, which would be awesome.
And not getting a spiderman reboot every 5 years would be cool too

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Couldn't find anything in relation to Disney buying Sony out. Only references to maybe buying back the rights to Spider-Man and related characters. One article mentioned that Sony was asking 10 billion for the rights.......which is more than Disney paid to buy Marvel and Lucas Film.......combined.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Couldn't find anything in relation to Disney buying Sony out. Only references to maybe buying back the rights to Spider-Man and related characters. One article mentioned that Sony was asking 10 billion for the rights.......which is more than Disney paid to buy Marvel and Lucas Film.......combined.
Yeah, but they've made so much more than that off both. Don't think they'd get the money back on "just" spiderman though.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, but they've made so much more than that off both. Don't think they'd get the money back on "just" spiderman though.
Yeah, Sony is out of their minds (if it's true) to think Disney would pay that much just for Spider-Man. Especially when they already own the merchandising rights after the latest deal the two companies have.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, we don’t need one studio to rule them all. Sony should just lend out Spiderman for a tidy sum whenever Disney wants to use him. Disney can afford it. Oh, and just saw latest trailer for “Eternals.” They should have led with this one, much better.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, we don’t need one studio to rule them all. Sony should just lend out Spiderman for a tidy sum whenever Disney wants to use him. Disney can afford it. Oh, and just saw latest trailer for “Eternals.” They should have led with this one, much better.
I'm not watching that trailer. Just because I don't want the movie spoiled (so to speak). I liked the first trailer because it didn't give too much away.

A couple more weeks to go.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Shang-Chi is a couple of weeks away, this one drops November 5th, so watch it already. :D

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Haven't posted here in a bit. Watched the most recent 3 episodes of What If.....? Very good. The one tonight (Marvel Zombies) was cool. I do wish it had followed the story line of the comics a bit more (in that they weren't simply mindless Zombies, but basically themselves but couldn't help themselves from eating people). The episode from last week was insane (Dr. Strange using the gem to go back in time). I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Also, haven't seen Shang-Chi yet, but have heard great things about it. I was hoping to go see it this weekend, but my daughter tested positive for COVID-19 today, and even though we're all fully vaccinated, I still have to go get tested tomorrow. Hopefully I'm negative.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Haven't posted here in a bit. Watched the most recent 3 episodes of What If.....? Very good. The one tonight (Marvel Zombies) was cool. I do wish it had followed the story line of the comics a bit more (in that they weren't simply mindless Zombies, but basically themselves but couldn't help themselves from eating people). The episode from last week was insane (Dr. Strange using the gem to go back in time). I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.

Also, haven't seen Shang-Chi yet, but have heard great things about it. I was hoping to go see it this weekend, but my daughter tested positive for COVID-19 today, and even though we're all fully vaccinated, I still have to go get tested tomorrow. Hopefully I'm negative.
We went to see Shang Chi last night and really enjoyed it.

I wanted to see it as a big-budget martial Arts fantasy. I'm kind of weaning myself off Marvel after Endgame (won't be the same without certain characters).

Minus a couple cameos (one that the trailers don't give away) you'd barely be able to place it in the Marvel universe. There was a bit of Storm Riders, a bit of 47 Ronin, and other good genre films in there.

It was predictable and plenty of plot points could be seen a mile away, but it was well choreographed and very fun. Solid B+!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis