Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, f#%k it! Just got premiere access so I can watch it over and over.:D

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Loved it! Great action! Sharp picture and nice audio track. Not what I wanted to see after the credits, though.:confused: So, $29.99 for premiere access. It will be available to subscribers October 6. I’ll watch it daily until then to bring the cost of views down.:D

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I was just wondering how much that costs over basic....
Just the cost of the movie. Here in Canada it's 29.99$ plus tax for Black Widow. Which is less than the cost of 2 movie tickets here. As long as you have the Disney + subscription it's there. Of course, it's coming to Disney + in ~3 months anyway.

I have at least 8 people I know that want to watch it, so the cost is cheap for me.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just the cost of the movie. Here in Canada it's 29.99$ plus tax for Black Widow. Which is less than the cost of 2 movie tickets here. As long as you have the Disney + subscription it's there. Of course, it's coming to Disney + in ~3 months anyway.

I have at least 8 people I know that want to watch it, so the cost is cheap for me.
Yeah just for me to view, not so much value :) I can easily wait until it's included in the basic package, altho that's been kinda slow now that I've caught up on all my Marvel universe stuff....

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I swore I wouldn’t do it and go this route but seeing it once at the movies compared to being able to view it multiple times was a dollars and cents decision. I bought the annual subscription for $69.99 before the price went up so I’m good until next spring. Disappointed that IMAX scenes were not opened up. Come on Disney.:rolleyes:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I swore I wouldn’t do it and go this route but seeing it once at the movies compared to being able to view it multiple times was a dollars and cents decision. I bought the annual subscription for $69.99 before the price went up so I’m good until next spring. Disappointed that IMAX scenes were not opened up. Come on Disney.:rolleyes:
That's about what I pay now for just the basic thing....dang. IMAX I haven't had the experience of in over 7 years now!

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Are you charging admission for the shows? ;)
LOL. Only for my kids (21 & 20 yr old freeloaders) Free admission for the general public..............you just have to figure out where I live :D

On a serious note though, usually my son and I go see these movies in theatre. 13.50$ each for admission (in the regular theatre), 16.35$ each in Ultra AVX (which we usually go to). Plus a snack combo @ ~30$. So it's ~63$ for just two of us. For the 29.99$, I consider it a steal, especially since I can watch it again the next day (and the day after, and the day after). Plus my wife, daughter, best friend and his son can also watch it with us. Win, win, win.

I really hope they keep doing it this way. I'd never need to go to a theater again.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
LOL. Only for my kids (21 & 20 yr old freeloaders) Free admission for the general public..............you just have to figure out where I live :D

On a serious note though, usually my son and I go see these movies in theatre. 13.50$ each for admission (in the regular theatre), 16.35$ each in Ultra AVX (which we usually go to). Plus a snack combo @ ~30$. So it's ~63$ for just two of us. For the 29.99$, I consider it a steal, especially since I can watch it again the next day (and the day after, and the day after). Plus my wife, daughter, best friend and his son can also watch it with us. Win, win, win.

I really hope they keep doing it this way. I'd never need to go to a theater again.
Yes, and very convenient at home, intermissions on request. ;)
How is the streaming quality and connection for the video?
My wi-fi is a bit far to the BD player that would pass it on to the projector. Tried it once, so-so.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Saw Black Widow in Imax Thursday Night. Solid B/B+ movie, I like the fact they spent more time on character development, had a more serious tone at times, but still a good sense of humor. STAY TO ENDING CREDITS END, for last scene that sets up .....
I hope to see it in the theaters but I know it’s free on Disney + in October as well.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Just finished watching the final episode of Loki. Holy $#!+

I'm pretty sure that guy was:

Kang the Conquerer. This leads into the multiverse in a big way. And as an added bonus , he's part of the Fantastic Four

Great things coming down the pipe for the MCU IMO.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yup, lots gonna’ go on in Spidy and Doc Strange movies coming up.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Finally got the chance to watch Black Widow last night.

Overall, it was decent. Definite on the weaker side of the MCU though IMO. It didn't really add anything to the continuing saga of the MCU, and the post credits scene didn't really excite me all that much. That being said, my best friend and his son came and watched it with me and my son, so we had a good time.

A solid 6.5/10 for me. Just seeing Scarlett Johansson running around in tights again was enough to give it at least a 5/10. I had avoided most of the trailers for this movie, but it was definitely different than I thought it was supposed to be:

I thought it was a complete origin story for her, but it wasn't really. Some back ground about where she came from, then mostly her as an adult. I thought I'd seen clips in one trailer of her as a childin Russia doing some kind of ballet, and shooting someone. Neither of which scene appeared in the movie itself.

Still very much looking forward to what's down the line for the MCU.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
What gives with Disney+ and VPN? It won't let me log into it unless it is turned off :eek: At least I am able to het to the home page where the sign in option is at but no further.
I was about to renew it for Loki.
Another web site won't even open up the home page with VPN on.
Maybe one of you smart Internet guys can give a good answer?
No issue with logging into my credit union account or all my other accounts.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Stayed home from work today. Got my new YPAO microphone delivered, so I calibrated my speakers. Then sat down to watch Black Widow again. It was (for some reason) much more enjoyable the second time around.

Too bad there is such a big wait now for the next Phase 4 movie to hit.

Screenshot_20210719-203600_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210719-203706_Samsung Internet.jpg

What if....? Looks great, but should have no bearing on the MCU. So, 1.5 months before we get any more new directly related MCU material.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Marvel casts Tenoch Huerta Mejia as Namor. Wouldn't have been my first choice but we'll see how it goes.
1627751571303.png

1627751787319.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis