Mark Schifter Arrested Again

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Hey guys, let's try to be a little reserved regarding Mark Shifter and posting these threads on this forum about him. Hopefully he learned from the consequences of his actions and is remorseful and growing spiritually as a result. It doesn't feel right taking pleasure in other people's misery regardless of what they've done. It seems that justice is being served and that's good enough for me. thanks.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Latest Information

4/5/2012 9:00 AM PRELIMINARY HEARING Waived
5/4/2012 1:00 PM ARRAIGNMENT Posted

An arraignment means Schifter will be called to stand before the court to answer the charges that have been brought against him.

S

Solid-State

Banned
Correction Colombia...

So use to spelling it Columbia as the province and river I lived on is spelled Columbia.

I just thought I'd throw that out there as I always thought it strange...

And still do Chu despite your comments and inside inf. Perhaps I've been watching to much Breaking Bad etc but...

ROTFL

Think about what one could do with speaker cabinets ehh.

I'm also sure that customs would want to pull the drivers out and inspect the inside. Think about it guys... a speaker coming from Colombia! I know if I was a customs agent I'd remove drivers to see what's inside that HOLLOW speaker cabinet!

Just saying... at the least it would be a PITA to import from Colombia for these very reasons!

LOL

PS sorry Gene I just had to throw that out there for the twisted/black humor element and conspiracy theory/REMOTE possibilities... LOL

PSS to any lawyers that might quote me on this... I'M JOKING

Last edited:
S

Solid-State

Banned
Correction Colombia...

So use to spelling it Columbia as the province and river I lived on is spelled Columbia.

I just thought I'd throw that out there as I always thought it strange...

And still do Chu despite your comments and inside inf. Perhaps I've been watching to much Breaking Bad etc but...

ROTFL

Think about what one could do with speaker cabinets ehh.

I'm also sure that customs would want to pull the drivers out and inspect the inside. Think about it guys... a speaker coming from Colombia! I know if I was a customs agent I'd remove drivers to see what's inside that HOLLOW speaker cabinet!

Just saying... at the least it would be a PITA to import from Colombia for these very reasons!

LOL

PS sorry Gene I just had to throw that out there for the twisted/black humor element and conspiracy theory/REMOTE possibilities... LOL

PSS to any lawyers that might quote me on this... I'M JOKING
PS&S yeah yeah not possible the drivers were installed in NA still make a great story for a tv show/movie or something...

S

Solid-State

Banned
Hey guys, let's try to be a little reserved regarding Mark Shifter and posting these threads on this forum about him. Hopefully he learned from the consequences of his actions and is remorseful and growing spiritually as a result. It doesn't feel right taking pleasure in other people's misery regardless of what they've done. It seems that justice is being served and that's good enough for me. thanks.
Your a class act Gene and I agree with the sentiments. My sister works in criminal law and people sometimes get themselves into positions that snowball. A lot of people don't understand that justice isn't about revenge or retribution but rehabilitation and preventing further acts. I wish Mark Shifter the best and I hope he and others can come to terms with what happened and MOVE ON.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I don't know if any shipments from Colombia were inspected by Customs SS, but supposedly some from China were. Apparently the name, Rockets, made some inspectors wonder.

S

Solid-State

Banned
I don't know if any shipments from Colombia were inspected by Customs SS, but supposedly some from China were. Apparently the name, Rockets, made some inspectors wonder.
hahahh

I sure hope I get to meet you someday Chu!

You're just HILARIOUS !!!

:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Tell that to the guys on death row.
That will prevent them from committing further acts, so there's half of it. And that can be a big part of it, depending on the impact that their acts have on the world around them.

The other half, rehabilitation, is a bit trickier - but people don't end up on death row for stealing their buddy's chewing gum in study hall. I think that most or all people on death row are there for murder. Some states also impose that sentence for rape of children, but I don't know if anyone is on death row for that. For some acts, I'd guess that the historical rate of successful rehabilitation is low enough to indicate a near zero probability that the person won't commit the crime again, therefore indicating that life imprisonment or death is the only proven way to prevent that person from repeating the offense. For example, a number of states that impose that penalty for rape of child only do so when it's a repeat offense - and I'm guessing that the statistics on repeat offenders show that they'll just keep doing it until they are stopped.

That said, I have no problem with justice being about retribution. I don't need someone to rape a child twice before I think that they should be put down.

jinjuku

jinjuku

That said, I have no problem with justice being about retribution. I don't need someone to rape a child twice before I think that they should be put down.
You bleeding liberal you... As for the people against this sort of thing: We'll let them baby sit YOUR children.

S

Solid-State

Banned
Tell that to the guys on death row.
I'm in Canada so it didn't even occur to me. I don't believe in the death penalty but I did in the past.

I watched a documentary about it with a focus on the warden of a prison with a death row and for anyone with a conscience afterwards you certainly would lend opinion against the practice. In fact most parties involved in it were against it. Less one nasty guard guy... that's about it. Can't remember the name of the doc for the life of me...

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
While I don't mind a death penalty, it seams that life without parole is less expensive to the taxpayer.

Shifty is paying the price and after he's done I'd like to believe that he'll change his ways... I'm just not holding my breath.

dwayland

dwayland

Audioholic
Wanna do some good? Make a donation, no, not to a raffle. ;-)

I too hope Mr. Schifter has learned a very, valuable lesson and works to reedem himself in the future...

In somewhat related news... I am biking 216 miles for the American Diabetes Association "Tour de Cure" next month in support of my daughter. Yeah, you probably remember her...

Anyway, if you would like to spread the word, here is a link to the official ADA site where you can make a small donation.

Tour de Cure: Cary, NC

Thanks!

Derek

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
He is being represented by Alec Egizi, a public defender. The initial arraignment was scheduled for 5/4 but was continued to 6/21. Provided there's not another continuance, at that time Schifter will stand before the court and the charges will be read to him. At that point he'll have to enter a plea. It's unknown whether he'll face all 14 counts of felony or if a plea agreement will have been struck to some sort of consolidation in exchange for a guilty plea along with a recommended sentence from the prosecutor. My bet is there'll be a plea agreement.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
The fourteen felony counts against Schifter have been dismissed and a new one created that he pleaded guilty to under a plea agreement. The court clerk has no more information. I did call the prosecuting attorney's office but was informed that since I was not one of the affected parties no information would be given to me. I have contacted someone who was affected and perhaps they will get more information. The following is the latest screenshot I obtained.

Schifter, Mark
Court Docket Number: 11CR219 Division: 6
Law Agency: LONGMONT POLICE DEPT Agency Number: 11-8547
Case Status: Open Felony

Prosecuting Attorney KAREN LORENZ

Public Defender ALEC EGIZI

Charges
1 F3 THEFT Dismissed

2 F4 THEFT Dismissed

3 F4 THEFT Dismissed

4 F4 THEFT Dismissed

5 F4 THEFT Dismissed

6 F4 THEFT Dismissed

7 F4 THEFT Dismissed

8 F4 THEFT Dismissed

9 F4 THEFT Dismissed

10 F4 THEFT Dismissed

11 F4 THEFT Dismissed

12 F4 THEFT Dismissed

13 F4 THEFT Dismissed

14 F4 THEFT Dismissed

15 F4 THEFT Pled Guilty
It's of interest that they dropped the F3 charge which is more serious with respect to sentencing.

Class Presumptive Minimum
(but sometimes Probation or Community Corrections are also possible) Presumptive Maximum
1 Life in Prison Death Sentence
2 8 yrs prison 24 yrs prison
3 4 yrs prison 12 yrs prison (16 yrs prison *)
4 2 yrs prison 6 yrs prison (8 yrs prison *)
5 1 yr. prison 3 yrs prison (4 yrs prison *)
6 1 yr. prison 18 months prison (2 yrs prison *)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I wonder if we'll see a new internet direct audio company pop up.

majorloser

majorloser

I'm sure Craigsub will help get him a job in the used car business. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis