Mark Schifter Arrested Again

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
Only reason he stayed was because he got paid. He was Shifty's b!tch. Doesn't mean he wasn't pleasant but I never liked the c$ç#*?£er.
I never had any bad interactions with him, I didn't know he was involved with any of the fraud.

R

R_J

Audiophyte
I was one of his victims to the tune of $1500,and continue to be as recently as last year when he promised restitution then created some postal order drama and eventually stopped responding! I am yet to receive a penny. I have all our correspondence records (text and emails) which more than illustrate all this. Sad, but true! Being in California I'm not sure how I can pursue this in his home state and any tips will be appreciated. Totally killed my faith in internet direct. Beware!

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I never had any bad interactions with him, I didn't know he was involved with any of the fraud.
He wasn't. My dislike for him has to do with his staying there pretty much to the bitter end. Now maybe I'm wrong and he's just the most naive and clueless person around and that's why he stayed. My take on it is that he wasn't so clueless and became well aware that there were raffle/charity issues. After all, he was following a very long thread here at AH that was documenting this. Just my personal opinion though.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I was one of his victims to the tune of $1500,and continue to be as recently as last year when he promised restitution then created some postal order drama and eventually stopped responding! I am yet to receive a penny. I have all our correspondence records (text and emails) which more than illustrate all this. Sad, but true! Being in California I'm not sure how I can pursue this in his home state and any tips will be appreciated. Totally killed my faith in internet direct. Beware!
Not sure what your options are. You can forward the details to me at mushupork1 at yahoo dot com.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
I hear ya, thankfully the last purchase I had planned didn't pan out and they didn't get anymore money from me. I'm sorry you're still affected, $1,500 is not pocket change that's for sure.

I don't know why they didn't attach his debts to future earnings...

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
He wasn't. My dislike for him has to do with his staying there pretty much to the bitter end. Now maybe I'm wrong and he's just the most naive and clueless person around and that's why he stayed. My take on it is that he wasn't so clueless and became well aware that there were raffle/charity issues. After all, he was following a very long thread here at AH that was documenting this. Just my personal opinion though.
Good points, I can see where you're coming from.

S

shm123

Audiophyte
I just found this thread and it's deja-vu all over.

I too lost money to av123 & MLS. :(

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
Hoo boy, I was looking around on eBay at various speakers and saw some Av123 and decided to google to see if there was any info on what ol Schifty had been up to lately, talk about a trip down memory lane.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis