Marcus Oakley's "Best Recommendation" Questions

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Unbelievable, just unbelievable.....can a member be banned after 100 negative ratings?? Then again, it is entertaining......for a second.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Being serious here for a moment...

I believe Marcus may have a form of autism...
https://www.google.com/search?q=marcus+oakley&btnG=&num=100&newwindow=1
and technically, he hasn't broken any rules... soooooo...

I moved all his speaker questions into this one thread a couple weeks ago, that's why it's so long...
I didn't see any other posts before his before responding, but I may not have looked! It's just so typical. I don't mind seeing them particularly and had heard before he might have some form of autism. Just glanced at the google search, who knows if it's his real name or if all the articles are associated with this particular one? Dunno, Marcus doesn't share much. I've seen his entries at avsforum, too (and IIRC he doesn't use the same screen name there but it's obviously the same guy).

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

how well would this work as a setup

i want to use emotiva t2 as the fronts with a c2 centre
2 svs ultra towers as the rears
2 jbl 580 speakers as extra rears
4 svs ultra prime elevations as atmos height speakers

using them with a denon 4400 amp
a emotiva xpa 2 gen 3 amp to power the additional channels to make it 11.4
a bas x a700 amplifier

my question is would these different brand speakers work exceptionally well together would they intergrate well with each other would it sound great together

also i want to vastly increase the performance of the 2 front speakers for 2 channel performance and streaming performance of music using a blue node 2 streamer

i want to use a denon 4400 amp in combination with the emotiva xpa2 gen 3 amp and emotiva bass x 700 amp

i want to use the denon 4400 in combo with the 2 emotiva amps
i want to use the emotiva xpa2 gen3 for the low frequencies of the 2 front speakers
and the emotiva bass x 700 for the high frequencies
would this work as a combination to vastly improve the 2 front speakers

if not what would you use with the denon 4400

and the emotiva xpa2 gen 3 amp
for the requirements i need

or what other 2 amps can i use with the denon 4400 to vastly increase the performance of the emotiva t2 front speakers

i will be using belden u500e blue jeans speakers cables

my other question is i want to use monoblocks to vastly increase the performance of the 11.4 package i was thinking marantz 700 monoblocks or outlaw 2200 monoblocks
or what other monoblocks around the same price point would you use with this setup
what would you advise to use overall

i want to use monoblocks for all 11 speaker channels can this all be connected and work together with this setup

also what specific cables do i need to connect the denon 4400
with the 2 emotiva amps

also what specific cables do i need to connect the 11 monoblock amps to the denon 4400

i will be using rega rp3 turntable

with a playstation 4 pro console
xbox one x console
wii u console
nvidia shield console
blue node 2 streamer
opp 205 4k player
buzz tv xls 3000 android box
hi spec pc

sky q silver silver box
virgin media v6 box
iphone x mobile phone

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

just to clarify

if i was to use my denon 4400 with 2 emotiva t2 fronts and c2 centre
what can 2 amps can i use to vastly increase the 2 front speakers quality of sound
i want to connect 2 amps to the main denon 4400
to the low frequencies of the main left of each left and right speaker
and then the other amp for the high frequencies of the left and right terminals

what would be the best opions to use
i already have a emotiva xpa2 gen3
what do people advise thanks

then i will use emotiva upa 200 blocks to improve each speaker
i will be using a 11.4 system

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Most people will tell you that "bi-amping" is a waste of amps.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

can you please tell me how does the chane sbe 118 subwoofer compare to the svs pb16 ultra subwoofer in terms of performance and lowest sub frequency

and how low in frequecy possible does the sbe 118 subwoofer go

i want to use your 3600 amplifier with 4 chane sbe 118 subs i want to connect it to a denon 4400
with a marantz 7025 amp as well
i want to connect it with the high frequencies of the left and right speakers of the jbl 590 speakers bi wired
with the marantz 7025

and the low frequecies of the jbl 590 frequencies to the emotiva xpa2 gen3
amp then both amps connectesd to the denon 4400

and the 4 chane sbe 118 subwoofers connected to the 3600 as well

would this work and do i have all the connections to do all this

and would the subs work well with the jbl 590 front speakers
with the jbl 580 centre
with the 2 svs ultra towers as rears
and 2 jbl 580 as additional rears
and 4 svs prime elevations as atmos height speakers

with blue jeans speakers cables and using either 7 marantz a700 monoblocks
or the 7 outlaw 2200 monoblocks for the 7 other speakers to enhance them

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I will humor you.

The Chane subs will have a lot more midbass capability over the SVS SB16 but not as much deep bass capability. They won't be very deep digging subs unless you get a lot of them. They will work well with any of those speakers.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

can you please tell me i will be using a denon 4400 with a emotiva xpa 2 with a music fidelity m6i
using emotiva t2 as fronts and c2 centre emotiva t2 as rears and t1 as additional surrounds
with 4 svs prime elevations speakers

my questions is i will use the denon 4400 as main amp
and the music fidelity m6i for high frequencies bi wiring the front and centre speaker
and the emotiva xpa2 as low frequencies for the front and centre
with blue jeans belden u500e speaker cables

with emotiva upa1 mono blocks

and a oppo 205 4k player

my question is would the music fidelity m6i work extremely well with the emotiva xpa2
and with the denon 4400
and would it sound great for music and hometheatre with this combination

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I wouldn't bother doing that. Unless you are running those speakers really loud, don't even bother bi-amplifying them. You stand a greater chance of degrading the sound rather than improving it.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi i am currently putting together a hometheatre setup comprising of emotiva t2 fronts and centre emotiva t2 as rears emotiva c2 as centre emotiva t2 as additional rears i will be using a denon 8500 reciever for dolby atmos dts x with a emotiva xpa2 amp as well as a emotiva a300 for adding additional power to the fronts and rear speakers a oppo 205 4k player blue jeans speaker cables and a regar planar 3 turntable blue node 2 streamer ps4 pro xbox one scorpion edition nvidia shield 500gb wii u my question is what would be the very best wide dispersion atmos dts x that would give me the very best over head movie effect sound bubble with sounding great authority overhead in ceiling speakers to use with this setup i currently have svs prime elevations speakers for atmos but i want in ceiling speakers that would be even better than these what do you suggest as the very best to use with this setup i was thinkg ever the klipsh cdt 8500 or the kef iq 200rr thx in ceiling speakers what would you recommend of the two or in your expert opions what to use for the best effect possible with setup i like hi octane all out action movies guns blazing movies and horror and fantasy films and love my heavy metal pop rave classical r&b music as well thanks

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Check out the Klipsch KL7502, Martin Logan Vanquish, Focal 300-ICLCR-5.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

B

beginjapan!

Audioholic Intern
Sonance make great in ceiling speakers. Check em out. I have a pair myself.

B

Brettc

Audioholic
I went with Polk 700ls not bad speakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

can the benq 2050a projector
do 180 to 200 inches at 11feet throw distance that is the depth of my room and still have a fantastic picture without altering the brightness light ambience
is there anthing that can be altered to do this
thanks kindly marcus

and also i want to buy some sort of swing arm project bracket mount for it
which swing arm projector mount would you recommend

my room is 11 feet depth maximum
i have a room with a small open door section to my bedroom
to the right of my room which leads into the bedroom its not on centre for where i want the projector to hit the screen
i want to put the the projector to the very right end of the room of centre with a swing arm bracket that i asked for
so i can extend even further than the 11feet of space so i can put it further back into my bedroom to extend the depth even further
than 11 feet

can this be done

ie my room is 30 feet wide
the door to the right of my bedroom is to the very end of the room
normally i would place the projector in the middle of the room which is 15 feet to project the image on to the screen
but i will place the projector through the bedroom door at 30 feet using the projector swing arm bracket i asked for
will the benq 2050a be able to display the picture image of axis not cenred on the screen at 15feet in the middle of the room but instead at 30 feet to the right
if not is there anyway of altering the projector to the very right of the room where i will install it
even though the projector is completely of centre and still get the full 180 inch to 200 inch image quality and still get a fantastic picture

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis