Marantz SR6013 & Volume control / ECO display on LG 4K C9

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Sorry to be a pain in the fanny - but can someone list the steps to connect APPLE TV4K , the Marantz SR6013 and finally the LG 4k C9?

For example - what exact HDMI inputs on the Marantz and LG to connect to??

I want the AVR of course to handle most heavy lifting and the Apple TV to do the rest.

I tried google searches and none come back with the results I need.

Thanks in advance! You guys are fantastic here!
AppleTV into any HDMI input on the reciever and the monitor1(ARC) output into the TV.

The inputs and outputs are very clearly marked on the back of the reciever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
AppleTV into any HDMI input on the reciever and the monitor1(ARC) output into the TV.

The inputs and outputs are very clearly marked on the back of the reciever.

I thought we didn't want to use ARC input?

Folks here mentioned they dont use it on the 4K TV's

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought we didn't want to use ARC input?

Folks here mentioned they dont use it on the 4K TV's
I just said the same thing, lol. I don't plug into, out of or anything with ARC. As far as what inputs you use, whichever you like. Just remember what's plugged into what (you can rename also) and you're good to go.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
I just said the same thing, lol. I don't plug into, out of or anything with ARC. As far as what inputs you use, whichever you like. Just remember what's plugged into what (you can rename also) and you're good to go.
:)

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
ME TOO!

I thought the whole purpose of the streaming exterior devices is to avoid ARC!
Im not saying you have to have ARC active, its best to disable it if it wont be used, but the arc on the back is just a lable to let people know that thats the output that can use ARC if its enabled while monitor2 HDMI output isnt able to recieve any ARC information.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Think you still want HDMI control for volume and auto on off for all 3 to come on and go off at same time.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Im not saying you have to have ARC active, its best to disable it if it wont be used, but the arc on the back is just a lable to let people know that thats the output that can use ARC if its enabled while monitor2 HDMI output isnt able to recieve any ARC information.

Disable in LG settings or AVR??

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
ARC will be ignored anyway as long as the source chosen isnt the TV source. Bluray/media/dvd/aux and so on cant and wont use any ARC sound input.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Think you still want HDMI control for volume and auto on off for all 3 to come on and go off at same time.
Don't need to when using macros on a Harmony remote, you can have the Harmony instruct each device to turn on/off depending on the macro you set up.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Don't need to when using macros on a Harmony remote, you can have the Harmony instruct each device to turn on/off depending on the macro you set up.
Ya that works too. I’ve had pretty good luck with HDMI but using Yamahas 2016 and 2017 models.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Ok I just picked up the Apple 4K TV..here's my setup:

Connect LG C9 HDMI 2 (arc) to AVR Marantz MAIN OUT

Disable Arc on LG

Connect Apple TV HDMI to HDMI Media Player Input on AVR

Direct Connect Ethernet cable from modem to Apple TV

Setup an Activity Macro with Harmony Remote to activate LG, Marantz, Apple TV aka "Watch Apple TV"

I will report back once I play around.....Cheers guys.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
I am kinda bummed...

I setup everything but having video and Audio cut outs!

I tried to enable Dolby Vision as recommended on Apple site but it says it cant set it to Dolby and will revert back to original format

I never had issues with default apps on LG smart apps using Dolby Vision from Netflix shows.

I have a brand new HDMI certified 4K cable I am using

I tried changing the inputs on the tv from HDMI 2 to 1 but no luck

Any ideas?

I have to say it happens with Netflix mainly - I notice the screen flickers as its trying to obtain the best video format and than flashes HDR icon at top of the screen.

I tried setting "Match Content" under Apple Video settings - no luck

Thanks in advance.

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Are the cables both from the appletv and to the tv premium high speed HDMI certified, or ultra high speed certified?

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Forgot to mention it also happens with audio when I'm playing from my iTunes music library. Audio cuts out.

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
You did do the test resolution or what its called on the appletv?
And let it update itself if there are any updates.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis