Marantz SR6013 & Volume control / ECO display on LG 4K C9

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What ad??

Also I currently have Ethernet directly connected to The TV for streaming which I believe to be better if I'm not mistaken??

Can I plug that Ethernet cable into the AVR and have the fire stick use that connection to the internet?

The ad for Tapatalk and your iPhone not visible to tapatalk users (they don't want to annoy themselves apparently)....it's built into the tapatalk signature until you remove it....open tapatalk, go to the little head with a circle next to it on the far right on the top bar, open settings and turn off signature. Appreciate it, just get tiresome/annoying post after post.....

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Any of the 3 devices mentioned so far should do a great job for netflix, youtube and so on. I prefer to cable my net connection on the appletv and other devices, faster and much more stable for me. Wifi would work ok but i have a switch close to the system so easy to cable everything.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Any of the 3 devices mentioned so far should do a great job for netflix, youtube and so on. I prefer to cable my net connection on the appletv and other devices, faster and much more stable for me. Wifi would work ok but i have a switch close to the system so easy to cable everything.
I too keep as many devices as possible wired.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Dumb question. What if I connect via HDMI 1 and not Arc?

Would that be ok for 4k stream and volume control on screen?

Or best to get streaming device to plug into AVR?

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
From CNET:

Regarding Dolby vision & device streamers

"
But my TV has Dolby Vision. Should I get still it? If you have an LG TV with Dolby Vision HDR and want the best image quality, I recommend using the built-in Netflix, Amazon and Vudu apps instead of the Ultra, because Dolby Vision on those TVs provides somewhat better image quality. "

Looks like I will lose some video quality unless I use the LG built in apps!??

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Dumb question. What if I connect via HDMI 1 and not Arc?

Would that be ok for 4k stream and volume control on screen?

Or best to get streaming device to plug into AVR?
HDMI is one way only apart from some control/handshake signals and simple audio signals through the ARC part, so the only way to get volume info shown is for a source to connect to and send video through the reciever so it can overlay the volume or other i formation like input selected etc.

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
From CNET:

Regarding Dolby vision & device streamers

"
But my TV has Dolby Vision. Should I get still it? If you have an LG TV with Dolby Vision HDR and want the best image quality, I recommend using the built-in Netflix, Amazon and Vudu apps instead of the Ultra, because Dolby Vision on those TVs provides somewhat better image quality. "

Looks like I will lose some video quality unless I use the LG built in apps!??
Maybe, but not many programs use dolby vision, at least not yet, and many other devices support dolby vision also now for content that use it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Maybe, but not many programs use dolby vision, at least not yet, and many other devices support dolby vision also now for content that use it.

We do lots of Netflix viewing and most programs there use vision.

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
We do lots of Netflix viewing and most programs there use vision.
Maybe i dont watch enough of the newest stuff yet then. But the 4k appletv i use support dolby vision and i think the firestick and roku might also. You should check what yout TV supports through ARC but as many have said here ARC often doesnt work and is very limited in sound options. It all depends on what you want/need, as of now there is no way to get it all in every way, unless better picture from app isnt accurate anymore or only applies to a few models. Its not long ago the dolby vision update came to the appletv and other devices/TVs. Normal HDR has been around a little longer.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Has anyone have experience with the Chromecast ultra?
It wasn't mentioned here

Thanks

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Has anyone have experience with the Chromecast ultra?
It wasn't mentioned here

Thanks
Edit: sorry, was thinking of other older versions, the ultra i dont know.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Folks here with Apple TV 4K - if I Connect to Marantz and then from Marantz to Tv via HDMI 1:

How do you control the volume?

I assume you will need to use the AVR remote?

Or can I use the Harmony elite and Apple TV to control the AVR audio?

With this combo will I be able to view the volume control on screen?

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Folks here with Apple TV 4K - if I Connect to Marantz and then from Marantz to Tv via HDMI 1:

How do you control the volume?

I assume you will need to use the AVR remote?

Or can I use the Harmony elite and Apple TV to control the AVR audio?

With this combo will I be able to view the volume control on screen?
I use both the processor remote and the appletv remote for volume, whichever is closest when using the appletv.

Harmony can easily control both avr and appletv but the appletv remote is so nice to use when used to it that i hardly ever use my harmony remote anymore.

Unless you have OSD turned off you should see volume on the screen while changing it when the appletv is connected to the AVR.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
I use both the processor remote and the appletv remote for volume, whichever is closest when using the appletv.

Harmony can easily control both avr and appletv but the appletv remote is so nice to use when used to it that i hardly ever use my harmony remote anymore.

Unless you have OSD turned off you should see volume on the screen while changing it when the appletv is connected to the AVR.

Thanks!!

I am leaning now towards Apple 4K

I guess I would only need the Harmony elite remote when switching over to Blu Ray player viewing.

Thanks

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Thanks!!

I am leaning now towards Apple 4K

I guess I would only need the Harmony elite remote when switching over to Blu Ray player viewing.

Thanks
Yes, that works well, but you can make an apple tv activity on it also for source selection and «backup» appleTV remote. The ATV remote is RF but use IR to control the volume on the AVR/processor.

The Roku and Firestick are also probably very nice and are widely used but i dont have any personal experience with them.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I have Yamaha RXA2060.

I do flip back and forth from Yamaha controller app and Apple 4K TV controller app when using Pandora Plus on Apple TV
If I’m using Amazon Music app, I use WiFi for Airplay from iPhone to Apple TV. In this situation the iPhone volume controls the Music volume on the AVR

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I use 4k FireTV and have a Xbox 1x for 4k streaming/player and a retired laptop with Foobar2000 for playing my lossless music files. All switching and volume is done with the avr remote. I use whatever controller applies for the rest. With Foobar for playing music all I need is the avr remote and my tablet. Everything is routed to my receiver via 3 HDMI in and one out to my monitor (smart tv, dumbed down to a monitor). I've never even tried to use ARC. This isn't the first thread I've seen reporting issues like this.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Sorry to be a pain in the fanny - but can someone list the steps to connect APPLE TV4K , the Marantz SR6013 and finally the LG 4k C9?

For example - what exact HDMI inputs on the Marantz and LG to connect to??

I want the AVR of course to handle most heavy lifting and the Apple TV to do the rest.

I tried google searches and none come back with the results I need.

Thanks in advance! You guys are fantastic here!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis