Marantz av7705 or av8805?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The CX-a5100 is in the running too, that's for sure! What do you think about the IMAX feature of the Marantz? Useful? Not much info out there about it
Another one of those HDR varieties. It's like a HDR war now.

I guess it always nice to have all your bases covered. Doesn't hurt.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I was never in the camp of 'separates sound better,' rather thought that compartmentalizing left room to make changes easier and would protect the processing boards from the heat of the amps (number one killer of electronics, afterall, is heat).
I find myself more in agreement with Peng re use of an AVR with preouts. I just wish the AVRs had better control of selecting amps to activate or not. When I upgrade in a few years (I presume), it will be an interesting dive to see how pre-pros change vs the AVR.
I think assignability of amps to binding-posts and selective use of pre-outs on an AVR is key to usability in the future... making it easier for people to understand and customize to their needs at the same time.
*shrugs
"that's just me; I'm a different breed of cat." ~Dennis Miller
-or-
YMMV
:cool:

Zedturbo

Zedturbo

Junior Audioholic
I was never in the camp of 'separates sound better,' rather thought that compartmentalizing left room to make changes easier and would protect the processing boards from the heat of the amps (number one killer of electronics, afterall, is heat).
I find myself more in agreement with Peng re use of an AVR with preouts. I just wish the AVRs had better control of selecting amps to activate or not. When I upgrade in a few years (I presume), it will be an interesting dive to see how pre-pros change vs the AVR.
I think assignability of amps to binding-posts and selective use of pre-outs on an AVR is key to usability in the future... making it easier for people to understand and customize to their needs at the same time.
*shrugs
"that's just me; I'm a different breed of cat." ~Dennis Miller
-or-
YMMV
:cool:
It has def been an interesting road as far as trying to re-design and update my HT system w/o going buck wild, financially speaking, being that I'm not rich and don't have endless funds but actually just trying to buy the best that I can afford so I don't have to upgrade in the near future.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
It has def been an interesting road as far as trying to re-design and update my HT system w/o going buck wild, financially speaking, being that I'm not rich and don't have endless funds but actually just trying to buy the best that I can afford so I don't have to upgrade in the near future.
Man, just get the Marantz, or how about Yamaha A3080? :p..just picking at ya bro! But I feel you on the money thing, some on here are Big Money Grips, like umm ADTG, TLS Guy, I'm sure PENG is to but he ain't saying..lol. me? I'm small change Leroy. :(Gotta wait for two years to go by and catch a Flagship AVR on discount. Happy hunting!!

Zedturbo

Zedturbo

Junior Audioholic
Man, just get the Marantz, or how about Yamaha A3080? :p..just picking at ya bro! But I feel you on the money thing, some on here are Big Money Grips, like umm ADTG, TLS Guy, I'm sure PENG is to but he ain't saying..lol. me? I'm small change Leroy. :(Gotta wait for two years to go by and catch a Flagship AVR on discount. Happy hunting!!
I feel your pain my friend!! Thanks man

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think I can even physically fit the Yamaha's in my stand! Those damn things are huge!
Marantz AV7705 it is! :D

Good news for your future high-end AVP: The ATI and Monolith AVP are even smaller than the Marantz! :D

I really love the simplistic design of the DataSat/ATI AVP - almost nothing but HDMI and XLR connectors. :D

Zedturbo

Zedturbo

Junior Audioholic
Marantz AV7705 it is! :D

Good news for your future high-end AVP: The ATI and Monolith AVP are even smaller than the Marantz! :D
I'm starting to think the same thing. I'll save a ton of money and put it towards a sub then! I was trying to research the differences between the DAC's on the 7705 vs 8805 to see if that's where most of the difference is but that's a mission in itself to understand so I might just be looking into this TOO much and overthinking it. I appreciate everyone's feedback though, that's for sure!!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
overthinking, bad.
7705... pretty d@mned good, I think.
New SUB?!??!!?!!!
Can we help? ;) :p :cool:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think before you buy anything, you might want to make a grand plan for the entire system.

Room, layout, speakers, electronics, etc.

No need to rush.

Zedturbo

Zedturbo

Junior Audioholic
I think before you buy anything, you might want to make a grand plan for the entire system.

No need to rush.
I hear ya. Def not trying to rush but the electronics alone are outdated. Have a new 4k Sony 900f TV, and prob going to have to hold on to the Klipsch speakers for a while now besides the sub of course being that it's only a 10".

Zedturbo

Zedturbo

Junior Audioholic

No need to rush.
I'm liking your idea of the new ATI processor though

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Klipsch RSW-10
I'd be working on that asap (before amp/pre-pro)! Start looking at the basic ID subs from Hsu Research, SVS, Rythmik, Power Sound Audio....maybe throw in JTR, Seaton, Funk and Deep Sea Sounds.....depending how much you're saving on the pre-pro :) Maybe buy a more reasonably priced amp and get two good subs?

Zedturbo

Zedturbo

Junior Audioholic
I'd be working on that asap (before amp/pre-pro)! Start looking at the basic ID subs from Hsu Research, SVS, Rythmik, Power Sound Audio....maybe throw in JTR, Seaton, Funk and Deep Sea Sounds.....depending how much you're saving on the pre-pro :) Maybe buy a more reasonably priced amp and get two good subs?
I've already been looking at hsu and SVS. My friend has a 15 in hsu that blows the roof off of his house! Very impressive. One of my friends is a dealer for Rel subs but seems like they are so expensive for just a 10 in alone!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've already been looking at hsu and SVS. My friend has a 15 in hsu that blows the roof off of his house! Very impressive. One of my friends is a dealer for Rel subs but seems like they are so expensive for just a 10 in alone!
Rel tends to be very high priced for the performance but if you got a really significant discount, maybe. The Hsu VTF-3 Mk5 or VTF-15H are much better value than anything Rel makes IMO.

Zedturbo

Zedturbo

Junior Audioholic
Rel tends to be very high priced for the performance but if you got a really significant discount, maybe. The Hsu VTF-3 Mk5 or VTF-15H are much better value than anything Rel makes IMO.
Rel T9 $900. Good? I've never even heard of them

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis