ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Garland to make a statement today:

(2:30 pm EDT)

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
That worked in reverse with OJ Simpson. Feelings got him acquitted in the criminal trial, while the evidence had him found liable in the civil trial.
Speaking of OJ, after the chase that I referred to in a previous post, while I was speaking with a MKE cop, I said "Man, you guys weren't even going as fast as OJ when he was being chased".

highfigh

highfigh

The Civil case is in NYS where Trump had to provide a deposition and took the 5th amendment in answering all questions other than his name. Civil cases do involve government agencies if the complaintent is the government.

The search warrant executed against Trump's residence (Mar-A-Lago) is a potential criminal case.
His crack legal team should have made that clear to him.

highfigh

highfigh

As best I know, it is still government property, not his. Then, I wonder how it get into a Presidential library.

ps. further Google search indicates (1) the President obtains the views, in writing, of the Archivist concerning the proposed disposal of such Presidential records;
no longer have administrative, historical, informational, or evidentiary value if-
I would imagine that the library would do a FOIA/Open Records request for anything that's not classified.

highfigh

highfigh

I don't recall if this has been mentioned already...
Yet another interesting aspect of the search warrant being served at Mar-A-Lago is that while warrants are very specific about what is being sought, investigators are legally allowed to collect evidence of other criminal conduct if found within the search parameters of the original warrant. While I am far from any legal training, I can surmise this means that within the specified locations of search, while collecting the evidence of Crime A, they can collect evidence of Crime B (etc.).
Considering they had an informant disclosing the specific locations of interest and what they should reasonably [likely] expect to find, it is not outside the realm of possibility that other information was not collected.
Of course, all such seized material is catalogued with lists being delivered to the person served (reportedly Trump's council on-site), as well as the Judge who approved the warrant in the first place.

It could in fact be severely damaging for Trump to release the information contained in the warrant; something he legally can do if he chooses. While many have brought this up, it clearly will not serve Trump's narrative and the 'righteous' indignation he is using to rally his core and satellite followers.

It is almost too obvious to state, but the fact he has most obviously committed criminal acts throughout his life, including his time as sitting President of the US, continues to bear no weight with any of his supporters, including seemingly 98% of the elected members of Congress.

As I stated yesterday, I don't believe the Founders, in drafting the constitution, ever would have thought that such a person as Trump could even be considered by the populace as a potential President. While corruption at the highest levels of government were known to all, perhaps the fatal flaw was that they didn't specifically detail a list of things that should disqualify a person from holding federal office... such as being a convicted felon, or perhaps even being under indictment for potentially committing such a crime.
Taking that point a step further, it may preclude a person from being elected until such a time as they are cleared of wrongdoing, at which point they would be able to seek office again after being cleared of any charges.

It strikes me as ridiculous that the general populace has become so morally inept as to think that a person like Trump should hold any office whatsoever.

Not that I am a paragon of morality myself, but there are limits to what even I am willing to consider proper. ;)
Worlds collide when righteous indignation and 'too stupid to keep his mouth shut' intersect.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Now it is in the Trumpster's court to allow release of the warrant to search. He won't as content will look grave to his minions.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm certain Trump can challenge the unsealing...

Those optics won't be good, though.
Yeah went looking after....some of the stuff I saw about the warrant issuing didn't cover if it was more than the court's decision to keep it sealed. This seems to explain it well enough

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Guy's I'll apologize first not trying to derail the thread with this, some funny sh$t and it's a true story that I just read on MSN. This lady Lolo got pulled over by the PoPO, well lol she got out of getting a ticket by pulling out her, White privilege card. You can't make this sh$t up. Is the story real? There are some benefits I guess for going to a Trump rally I guess. Lol A Trump Everything card!! I'm rolling over this one! LMAO!! Gotta get me one!

On a more serious note don't understand why so many are fascinated and fixated with that man..
Screenshot_20220811-201603~2.png

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

And, if the Washington Post report is remotely true, nuclear weapon stuff, this falls under espionage act, national defense secrets, up to 10 years in the pokey.

Also, declassifying stuff is just not a simple process, even by him. Again, either case, he has no right to have them after leaving office. And, even in office, Mar A Lago
is not a secure facility for such high-level documents.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
And, if the Washington Post report is remotely true, nuclear weapon stuff, this falls under espionage act, national defense secrets, up to 10 years in the pokey.

Also, declassifying stuff is just not a simple process, even by him. Again, either case, he has no right to have them after leaving office. And, even in office, Mar A Lago
is not a secure facility for such high-level documents.
WTF, was he doing with nuclear defense stuff? Why would he even think of pulling those classified documents and bringing it to his safe in his home? Sure as a president before leaving office can declassified just about anything many have. What would be his ulterior motive for even having these documents in his possession after leaving office. Hillary was found to have her own computer servers with classified government information on them which was against the law supposedly. What a f..kin mess our elected officials have made over the last 40 years or so.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

WTF, was he doing with nuclear defense stuff? Why would he even think of pulling those classified documents and bringing it to his safe in his home? Sure as a president before leaving office can declassified just about anything many have. What would be his ulterior motive for even having these documents in his possession after leaving office. Hillary was found to have her own computer servers with classified government information on them which was against the law supposedly.
Well, if reporting is accurate, anything nuclear warfare falls under national defense category. A number of nations out there would pay a king's ransom for that stuff, especially if that stuff is so sensitive that it cannot even be uploaded to the highest security servers that they might hack.
After all, trumpster is about money, nothing else.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis