Mar a Lago raided by FBI

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This is curious. A grand jury in Florida is reportedly hearing witnesses in a probe that is related to the Mar-a-Lago case.

The experts quoted in the Salon article (link below) have some pretty good guesses about what it might mean. My best guess is that the DOJ thinks that one of the people involved (other than Trump) has lied to investigators or knows more than he/she has disclosed, so they're looking at a possible indictment in Florida in order to tighten the screws on the person.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It looks like the immunity deals are starting to play out. Once the government grants immunity, the Fifth Amendment goes bye bye and the witness can either sing like canary or go to the Greybar Hotel.
It looks like Giuliani might be trying to cut a deal to avoid an indictment. There's really no way to know right now how significant this is, however.

>>>Former Watergate prosecutor Nick Ackerman told MSNBC that Giuliani was "smack-dab in the middle of everything." "If he comes totally clean here, Donald Trump is in big trouble, John Eastman is in big trouble, right down the line, possibly General Flynn, Roger Stone, Steve Bannon," he said.<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It looks like Giuliani might be disbarred in DC in addition to being suspended in NY.

>>>An attorney disciplinary committee has recommended Rudy Giuliani be disbarred in Washington, DC, for his efforts on behalf of then-President Donald Trump to overturn the 2020 election results. . . . The panel’s recommendation is not final; the case against Giuliani still must be considered by DC’s Board on Professional Responsibility and by the DC court of appeals. . . . Giuliani, the former top federal prosecutor in Manhattan and a lawyer for Trump, is also facing an attorney ethics review in New York. His law license at this time is temporarily suspended, marking a substantial downfall for the once highly regarded American political and legal figurehead.<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It looks like the immunity deals are starting to play out. Once the government grants immunity, the Fifth Amendment goes bye bye and the witness can either sing like canary or go to the Greybar Hotel.

Having said that, Patel may not be a great witness for the prosecution. He strikes me as being too flaky and incoherent to be credible.
Patel is in the news again.

>>>"We're going to come after you whether it's criminally or civilly," Patel said of Trump's political foes. "We'll figure that out."<<<

I'm not sure if he's cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, but he's definitely cuckoo.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I noticed that Robert Hur (the Biden special prosecutor) also prosecuted a case in 2019 involving SCI. The defendant was sentenced to nine years:

. . .

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/former-government-contractor-sentenced-nine-years-federal-prison-willful-retention-national

The facts of each case are different, of course. Still, unlawfully retaining SCI information at an unsecured location is not a trivial matter, no matter how you slice (or spin) it.
Robert Hur's report has been released.

>>>"We concluded that no criminal charges are warranted in this matter,” Hur concluded. “We would reach the same conclusion even if Department of Justice policy did not foreclose criminal charges against a sitting president.”<<<

At least he avoided the word salad served up by Muller in his report on Trump (Muller tried to avoid the elephant in the room, namely, that a sitting president cannot be indicted under DOJ policy, leading to all sorts of semantic somersaults).

This will of course trigger a great deal of howling from Trump.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Robert Hur's report has been released.

>>>"We concluded that no criminal charges are warranted in this matter,” Hur concluded. “We would reach the same conclusion even if Department of Justice policy did not foreclose criminal charges against a sitting president.”<<<

At least he avoided the word salad served up by Muller in his report on Trump (Muller tried to avoid the elephant in the room, namely, that a sitting president cannot be indicted under DOJ policy, leading to all sorts of semantic somersaults).

This will of course trigger a great deal of howling from Trump.
The report wasn't exactly complementary to Biden though.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The report wasn't exactly complementary to Biden though.
True.

The gist of the report is that Biden's mental capacity is so diminished that it would be difficult to prove he knew that he was breaking the law.

This doesn't give the Trump camp much ammunition. They could argue that Biden is mentally fit and he should be charged, or they could argue that Trump is also not mentally fit so he should not be charged. This is obviously not the political spin they're looking for.

Biden really went off the rails in response to the report.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/09/politics/fact-check-biden-makes-three-false-claims-about-his-handling-of-classified-information/index.html

The basic problem for the Biden camp is that the facts strongly suggest that Biden's actions broke the law, and his mental state (knowledge that he was breaking the law) was the only thing that saved him (by the skin of his teeth).

The Biden camp can argue Biden is mentally fit, but this implies that Biden should be indicted.

Biden's approach appears to be lying about the facts while asserting that he's mentally fit. It's really pathetic. Rule number one when you're in a hole is stop digging.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
True.

The gist of the report is that Biden's mental capacity is so diminished that it would be difficult to prove he knew that he was breaking the law.

This doesn't give the Trump camp much ammunition. They could argue that Biden is mentally fit and he should be charged, or they could argue that Trump is also not mentally fit so he should not be charged. This is obviously not the political spin they're looking for.

Biden really went off the rails in response to the report.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/09/politics/fact-check-biden-makes-three-false-claims-about-his-handling-of-classified-information/index.html

The basic problem for the Biden camp is that the facts strongly suggest that Biden's actions broke the law, and his mental state (knowledge that he was breaking the law) was the only thing that saved him (by the skin of his teeth).

The Biden camp can argue Biden is mentally fit, but this implies that Biden should be indicted.

Biden's approach appears to be lying about the facts while asserting that he's mentally fit. It's really pathetic. Rule number one when you're in a hole is stop digging.
What a mess.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

Then what is one to think of those 400+ "I don't recall" by Trumpster means? ;) :eek::D He lost his capacity to think and remember anything?:D:D:D

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Then what is one to think of those 400+ "I don't recall" by Trumpster means? ;) :eek::D He lost his capacity to think and remember anything?:D:D:D
Legally the cases have nothing to do with each other.

Having said that, convenient memory lapses are not uncommon in depositions and trials.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Legally the cases have nothing to do with each other.

Having said that, convenient memory lapses are not uncommon in depositions and trials.
Ever since my 2nd kid was born, I frequently called out the wrong name. it is how the brain works at time.
And certainly, what's his name, has no medical background or expertise to know to include those comments.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Ever since my 2nd kid was born, I frequently called out the wrong name. it is how the brain works at time.
And certainly, what's his name, has no medical background or expertise to know to include those comments.
your 2nd kid or the other 'what's his name' ......... ;)

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It’s not a medical question. It’s a question of what a jury is likely to think.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That's why I just call mine by their number. Keeps things simple.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis