LoTR: The Rings of Power

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Just want to say I am loving this LOTR ROP series.

PQ is absolutely breathtaking. ATMOS sounds great. Writing seems good.

I love the more female prominent characters- elves, dwarfs, hobbits, humans. Hopefully will see some female wizards and some female orcs that aren evil and just want peace. :D
I just bought a Nvidia Shield TV pro to replace my Apple 4k TV. I want to take advantage of the Atmos but Roku can't on most platforms. For some reason my Apple has always sounded not as good audio wise on both the Anthem and now the Yamaha I have in my room then the Roku. Once I get it setup and it sounds good prayers! I'm checking out this show!

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I just bought a Nvidia Shield TV pro to replace my Apple 4k TV. I want to take advantage of the Atmos but Roku can't on most platforms. For some reason my Apple has always sounded not as good audio wise on both the Anthem and now the Yamaha I have in my room then the Roku. Once I get it setup and it sounds good prayers! I'm checking out this show!
Having tried Roku, Amazon Fire Stick and Apple 4k TV, the audio on Apple always sounded a bit louder at same levels, (subjective opinion) and was my preferred device out of those I tested. I have not used the shield TV

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Having tried Roku, Amazon Fire Stick and Apple 4k TV, the audio on Apple always sounded a bit louder at same levels, (subjective opinion) and was my preferred device out of those I tested. I have not used the shield TV
That's what's crazy it's the opposite for me. I've heard others have your experience too so maybe it's just a quirk with me and my gear. I'm going to try the Shield see if I have better luck

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe the apple has a slightly higher output level? Hard to imagine it's anything else....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That's what's crazy it's the opposite for me. I've heard others have your experience too so maybe it's just a quirk with me and my gear. I'm going to try the Shield see if I have better luck
Are you bitstreaming the signal?

If bitstream, it should not matter since the AVP would be doing all the audio decoding.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Have enjoyed the Rings of Power, altho making me feel a bit guilty about being rusty on the middle earth history in general now. Great production values so far....now waiting for the next House of Dragons episode.....

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Are you bitstreaming the signal?

If bitstream, it should not matter since the AVP would be doing all the audio decoding.
So this is interesting the Apple 4kTV doesn't allow you to pass a bitstream signal through to the Av reciever. It does the conversion and then sends it PCM. Maybe this is why I'm having some audio differences hmmmm I'm plugging in the NVIDIA it does allow bitstream I'll let you know if I notice any difference

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So this is interesting the Apple 4kTV doesn't allow you to pass a bitstream signal through to the Av reciever. It does the conversion and then sends it PCM. Maybe this is why I'm having some audio differences hmmmm I'm plugging in the NVIDIA it does allow bitstream I'll let you know if I notice any difference
Wonder why no bitstream option?

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Just finished watching the first two episodes......wow. The picture and sound quality are awesome. The writing and story are also very good. Overall, my son and I throughly enjoyed those episodes and can't wait for the next one.

8.5/10 so far.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Well on a positive note I set up the NVIDIA and it's awesome. My favorite streamer so far to date. Need a little more time with it but so far so good.

Now as for The Lord of the Rings I know a lot of you guys are liking it but it's really man I'm just not feeling it

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It's so slow unbearably slow. That's my biggest problem with it really. In all fairness me and my friend had just finished watching 13 assassins so maybe we were a little too pumped up going in but I went from pumped up to falling asleep I'm going to keep trying but for the love of God they need to step up that storyline a little.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Now positives it's visually gorgeous. Audio is amazing. Some of the best I've ever seen on any show it looks like a movie.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The negatives? It's really scattered with the story. In the LOTR series and The Hobbit they would start off with a central culture and a quest or idea and stay in that characters viewpoint. Introducing the other races cultures people and the vast world of Tolkien as that journey went along they started from a central point and then branched out. Tolkien's world is so vast it works better that way.

This series is doing it the opposite way. Starting out all branched out then working there way back to the central point or theme of the story. Skipping around like they are is so hard to do in a world scaled that large. But it's especially problematic when there's no action or underlying tension or central story going on.

It's the same issue people had with The Witcher how it skipped around so much with the timeline it could get overwhelming.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That fight scene was a little cheesy. Man that was a type of mountain Troll. Even the entire Fellowship of the Ring had trouble taking one of those out. Including Gandalf who took on a Balrog and won. Frodo almost dies in the conflict. And in this one they toss her up in the air and she chops it up like sushi in five swings? That could have been such an epic fight that would have taken the entire company to pull off. It was over in like 10 seconds.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Also I've read The Silmarillion when I was a boy. The entire thing that's how much I loved the story and the world. It's tough to watch this knowing what storylines they could have gone with if they could have acquired the rights to that book.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis