LoTR: The Rings of Power

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
one man's opinion I thought it was awesome. it's fantasy, entertainment. She F..n crazy Mad! Dragon scene when she was burning down, King's landing but other than that I thought it was great.
It was a disappointing ending. I envisioned John and Dani ruling together with a child from the one night that they spent together. I could live with him finishing her off after her rampage, but exiling him was terrible. Overall though the whole series was a 10.
I am totally stoked about the Rings of Power!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm excited and hopeful too. I'm so tired of politics being pushed onto shows before we give them a chance. Give the show a chance and watch it with an open mind. If you don't like it then fair enough. But everyone jumping on the hate bandwagon for whatever the reason before a show even airs is just getting old.

When I was a kid my favorite movies and shows were usually some of the ones reviews or popular opinion hated anyway. Especially since I Ioved the horror and Sci fi Genre.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It was a disappointing ending. I envisioned John and Dani ruling together with a child from the one night that they spent together. I could live with him finishing her off after her rampage, but exiling him was terrible. Overall though the whole series was a 10.
I am totally stoked about the Rings of Power!
I just felt the ending was too rushed on GOT. You could really feel the cramping of shoving everything together into that last season. There were entire seasons you could've done off of some of the ideas presented in that last season.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
PQ looks much better than the LOTR movies Trilogy since the new LOTR TV series is shot with the 4K Resolution Arri Alexa Digital cameras vs 35 mm Analog film (the new Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon is also shot with the 4K Arri Alexa Digital cameras).

Of course, the main thing is going to be the Writing and Directing. So hopefully it will excel where it counts the most. :D

The 3 listed directors seem to have a decent resume (Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom, Man in the High Castle, Colony, Outlander, Wheel of Time).
Can't wait, I've been a fan since the first movie.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Can't wait, I've been a fan since the first movie.
I took my wife and her mother to see the first LOTR at theaters. Both fell asleep watching it. :D

But my wife absolutely loves GoT - it's her favorite TV series of all times.

So hopefully she will like the LORT TV series and not FALL ASLEEP. :D

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I just felt the ending was too rushed on GOT. You could really feel the cramping of shoving everything together into that last season. There were entire seasons you could've done off of some of the ideas presented in that last season.
They delayed the entire 8th season by a year, and told us the reason(s) were that they:

1) Wanted to give us the best story possible.

2) Didn't want to rush the ending.

3) Were going to make each episode close to feature movie length.

What we actually got?

1) Terrible writing/story. I mean, the entire first 2 episodes (of a 6 episode shortened season) had them sitting around in Winterfell doing nothing but reminiscing and feeling sorry for themselves. Then the big battle happens.........which is a dud. The big baddie Night King dies in the most anticlimactic way imaginable, and Jon is just pretty much ignored. None of the really important main characters get hurt, much less die, despite getting completely destroyed by the white walkers. And somehow the entire Dorthraki army survives, despite getting wiped out on their initial charge into the darkness. The Night King was supposed to be the big baddie, and he's gone by episode 3 of the final season. All that build up over 7 seasons, for that? Dog $#!+

2) See above. They sit around and doing nothing for 2 episodes, then again in episode 4 not much happens. So they try cramming the rest of the story into the last 3 episodes.

3) The episodes come out, a lot of people are expecting ~1.5 hour + long episodes after a 2 year wait. Instead, we get: 54 mins, 58 mins, 82 mins, 78 mins, 78 mins, 80 mins. Sure, a couple of episodes are slightly longer than normal/previous seasons. But 6 episodes total run time = 430 minutes. (Season 7 was 440 minutes total run time, while season 1 was 567 minutes long). The final season was the shortest season in the series, in both number of episodes and total run time.

The final season was a supreme disappointment and utter crap. A few flashy/brilliant moments do not a great season make.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I took my wife and her mother to see the first LOTR at theaters. Both fell asleep watching it. :D

But my wife absolutely loves GoT - it's her favorite TV series of all times.

So hopefully she will like the LORT TV series and not FALL ASLEEP. :D
My wife thinks its a waste of time and could careless.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
My wife thinks its a waste of time and could careless.
My mom LOVES fantasy we watch everything fantasy up in the theater room it just can't be too violent that's her one condition. It can't be yucky as she likes to say :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Starts this Fri. Looks like 2 episodes will be released that day and the early reviews are positive.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I actually read it was 6pm PST / 9 ET. The 2nd it releases everywhere else.
I won’t watch until Friday night. Looking forward to having two giant shows to watch right now. House of dragons and Lord of the rings. Damn! :p

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Holy Shiznit. Rings of Power has a budget of 60-90 million per episode??? vs House of Dragons which as 6 Million which I thought was a lot.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Holy Shiznit. Rings of Power has a budget of 60-90 million per episode??? vs House of Dragons which as 6 Million which I thought was a lot.
$1b for the season. That is insane, is most expensive show ever by far. It better be good lol. They said they plan to scale back a bit for S2 already.

House of Dragons has some lousy CG in some scenes for costing that much.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
$1b for the season. That is insane, is most expensive show ever by far. It better be good lol. They said they plan to scale back a bit for S2 already.

House of Dragons has some lousy CG in some scenes for costing that much.
Amazon Prime is going from $149 to $399 next year to pay for it! lol

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Wow. Watched the opening sequence. I see where that money went. It looks and sounds impressive.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Looks like it may be a weekly presentation.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just want to say I am loving this LOTR ROP series.

PQ is absolutely breathtaking. ATMOS sounds great. Writing seems good.

I love the more female prominent characters- elves, dwarfs, hobbits, humans. Hopefully will see some female wizards and some female orcs that aren evil and just want peace. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis