Lord of the Rings Blu-ray: I Want My Extended Editions!

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
LOTR Peter Jackson Extended Editions only

Lord of the Rings Trilogy Theatrical versions, NO thank you very much.

This is the type of Trilogy that demands the Extended Editions, nothing less.

I will execrcise my patience for that one.
I'll bet we'll see the Extended versions by Christmas, and at a discount too.

These versions are only a money grabber complot by Warner. I hope they end up with many copies unsold, that will teach them.

Bob

Franin

Franin

Full Audioholic
right!

it's been a long time since i've watched the TE, i did not even remember that the mouth of sauron was only available in the EE.

nobody buy the TE!
Ill be buying both.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
This is the type of Trilogy that demands the Extended Editions, nothing less. I will execrcise my patience for that one.
I'll bet we'll see the Extended versions by Christmas, and at a discount too.
Bob.
While not exactly a sworn oath...but better than wikipedia...Amazon has this to say...

"PRODUCT ALERT:
"The Lord of the Rings (Extended Editions)" is scheduled to be released on Blu-ray in 2011 or 2012."

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Maybe they will give the whole set the Dirty Harry or Apes treatment. I can wait for that!

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
2-3 years???? Well doesn't that suck! hell, Blu-ray may be replaced by media centers and HD downloads to the humongous harrddrives by then.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
I don't buy this for a sec.

While not exactly a sworn oath...but better than wikipedia...Amazon has this to say...

"PRODUCT ALERT:
"The Lord of the Rings (Extended Editions)" is scheduled to be released on Blu-ray in 2011 or 2012."
Yeah, by that time we'll be with another super high resolution format...
And I will still only rent the Theatrical blu-ray versions.

And how does Amazon knows what will happen in the future anyway?
I don't buy it!
Sounds more like a twisted trick into enticing you to buy this inferior version.
Very bad tactic from Amazon. Screw Amazon with their "Product Alert" dirty deed.

LOTR

dobyblue

dobyblue

Senior Audioholic
Last I heard PJ is working on the EE's to come out around the theatrical release of The Hobbit and is revisiting additional material, etc., to make them the definitive releases of the trilogy.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Last I heard PJ is working on the EE's to come out around the theatrical release of The Hobbit and is revisiting additional material, etc., to make them the definitive releases of the trilogy.
Yes and The Hobbit is still still at least 2 years out.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yes and The Hobbit is still still at least 2 years out.
I thought I heard that PJ would not direct The Hobbitt. I recall hearing that Guillermo del Toro would be directing. That could have promise. It's hard to think of anybody other than Jackson doing it but my next best suggestion would be del Toro. He has enough grasp of fantasy coupled with dark scary drama, as we saw in Pan's Labyrinth.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I thought I heard that PJ would not direct The Hobbitt. I recall hearing that Guillermo del Toro would be directing. That could have promise. It's hard to think of anybody other than Jackson doing it but my next best suggestion would be del Toro. He has enough grasp of fantasy coupled with dark scary drama, as we saw in Pan's Labyrinth.
Del Toro is directing, but Jackson is producer and they are doing the script together.

Box art and official date: http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/news/show/New_Line/Disc_Announcements/New_Line_Reveals_Info_and_Box_Art_for_Lord_of_the_Rings_Blu-ray/2944

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Del Toro is directing, but Jackson is producer and they are doing the script together.
Wired has an interview with Del Toro, who will be extremely busy for the next decade if all goes to plan for this and a bunch of other projects. Apparently two Hobbitt movies are in the works, filmed simultaneously like LOTR, with a budget in the 300 million dollar range. They're working on scripts now. The cast is yet to be chosen.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Wired has an interview with Del Toro, who will be extremely busy for the next decade if all goes to plan for this and a bunch of other projects. Apparently two Hobbitt movies are in the works, filmed simultaneously like LOTR, with a budget in the 300 million dollar range. They're working on scripts now. The cast is yet to be chosen.
They said many of the same cast would continue in their respective roles, though Blibo would be played by a different actor and obviously not all of the characters from LOTR are in the Hobbit series.

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Very few characters were in both. Bilbo, Gandolf, Elrond, and Gloin (who did not appear in the movies but was in the council of Elrond not Gimli).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
EEs possibly coming next year! Link HERE

In an interview with Collider.com, director Peter Jackson gave some insight into the upcoming Blu-ray releases of 'The Lord of the Rings'. He was able to not only confirm what we already knew, that the upcoming Blu-ray release of 'The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy' would present the theatrical versions of the films, but also that the Extended Editions of the films would be available on Blu-ray next year.

According to Jackson, the studio has already spoken to him about developing additional extra content for the 'The Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition Trilogy' Blu-ray release. This new content would presumably be added to the content available on the existing 12-disc DVD box set for the Blu-ray release.

It was previously believed that the Extended Edition Blu-ray release would be held back until the theatrical release of 'The Hobbit', but Jackson's remarks seem to indicated otherwise. Time will tell, but to get a release of this magnitude completed in less than a year (assuming they would start after the November 3rd release of 'The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy') may be a little ambitious.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I'm sure it will come to pass. Studios may be dumb but they know there is demand for these films on BD. It is possible the the release will be pushed back to coincide with The Hobbit opening in theaters.

Jim

Z

zoran

Audioholic
I'm sure it will come to pass. Studios may be dumb but they know there is demand for these films on BD. It is possible the the release will be pushed back to coincide with The Hobbit opening in theaters.

Jim
da,mn warner! may doom be with you:mad:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It says they expected it to coincide with the release of The Hobbit, but this would seem to say otherwise and that is right from Jackson himself. I'd guess it will be ready for the holidays next year.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis