Little green squares - Reputation Ratings

J

jneutron

Senior Audioholic
Resident Loser said:
...when left to my own devices, I love doing the work I do. Sadly, some parts have become much too simplified to be challenging and other parts have become too aggravating to tolerate...

Just tell me what you ultimately want and I'll do it...for the most part, as long as I needn't rely on anyone else I'm OK...it's the 'phone calls and the menus and the voice mail that twists my skivvies...and of course the only thing that can be worse than the electronic blockade is actually making contact. Dealing with customers(who also happen to be fellow employees) can sometimes be beyond the pale...that old maxim of "a little knowledge" takes on an entirely new meaning in my work environment.

jimHJJ(...if that makes any sense...)
The parts I make will never be simple..that in itself a blessing, and always a challenge.

My customers, luckily, do not have a little knowledge..it is so much fun discussing their work and what they need...I learn so much from all of them..but I have in the past, been in the same situation you speak of..

Cheers, John

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Umm so I went to the User CP and it gives the list of reputation points, what the heck are the blue squares? I have positive comments next to them, so whats the difference between those and the green ones?

wilkenboy

wilkenboy

Full Audioholic
Spiffyfast said:
Umm so I went to the User CP and it gives the list of reputation points, what the heck are the blue squares? I have positive comments next to them, so whats the difference between those and the green ones?
Yeah, it'd be nice to know how this system works... I have the same thing.

Aaaah, the admins are watching us trying to figure this out, just like mice in a lab maze! :rolleyes: Now, where's that cheese?

~Josh

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
I was just wondering about the blue ones also. I originally thought they were the negatives but I just got a positive comment with a blue square too.

I think the system is fun but I feel kind of in the dark about how it exactly works.

Does each chiclet = 10 points, 20 points. How many points until you add another whole chiclet?

I'm not going to be able to get any more work done until I get an answer for this.

I end up sitting her and continually refreshing the page!

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
malvado78 said:
I was just wondering about the blue ones also. I originally thought they were the negatives but I just got a positive comment with a blue square too.I think the system is fun but I feel kind of in the dark about how it exactly works.Does each chiclet = 10 points, 20 points. How many points until you add another whole chiclet?I'm not going to be able to get any more work done until I get an answer for this.I end up sitting her and continually refreshing the page!
LOL I do that all day at work with the entire website

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
Spiffyfast said:
LOL I do that all day at work with the entire website
You and Malvado need to get an email account with an email notifier program. Then setup your account so that you get an email whenever someone replies to one of your posts.

I'd be in the same boat as both of you, but I used gmail (google) with notifier and then I know everytime there is a response!!

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
alandamp said:
You and Malvado need to get an email account with an email notifier program. Then setup your account so that you get an email whenever someone replies to one of your posts.

I'd be in the same boat as both of you, but I used gmail (google) with notifier and then I know everytime there is a response!!
wouldn't want to fill up my gmail acount with that many emails

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
Spiffyfast said:
wouldn't want to fill up my gmail acount with that many emails
They're easy enough to permanently delete. But you're right, it does get to be a lot.

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
Buckle-meister said:
What for? What's the significance?

Regards
He gave me that Avatar in the following thread

Thread

Below is my old Avatar

Alandamp said:
This would be great but...

I am at work and the all powerful IT guys deem it necessary to block almost al outside email websites and I would rather not try to do it through work for it may be caught by the spam filter and I believe they monitor that.

Good idea though.

THey would get more production out of me with that.

Attachments

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
malvado78 said:
This would be great but...

I am at work and the all powerful IT guys deem it necessary to block almost al outside email websites and I would rather not try to do it through work for it may be caught by the spam filter and I believe they monitor that.

Good idea though.

THey would get more production out of me with that.
I thought about that after I posted. Sometimes I forget that not all companies have incompetent IT guys like mine does. Heck, I've had to teach him stuff about our network. I'd tell you who I work for, but I'd be afraid that one of you could hack the network in about 10 seconds and shut us down for good!!

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
malvado78 said:
Below is my old Avatar
Ah yes, now I recognize you! I remember seeing a post of yours with the old avatar. I thought it was quite funny; an avatar asking for an avatar. :)

Regards

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
I think it is funny too but my new one MOVES!!!!

I think that is cooler. Plus now Brian has something similar.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....were I to make too big a deal out of the reputation ratings, and were to yearn for them, my posts would probably be affected, wouldn't they?....sure they would....Gentlemen, attitude and demeanor are what comes across in these posts I read....I plan on keeping it light and informative....well, everybody knows I can't do a lot of informing, but I'll shoot for lightness every now and then, haha......

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Buckle, did you give me that little red chook chook/chiclet when I asked how to get a red one? I guess I had it coming. :eek: We're both gaining recognition (like starting in a hole) :eek: .
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=87541#post87541
Definitely not. Last night I was re-setting-up my Z9 which I had just got back from Yamaha (see post in 'CDs/Misc') so I wasn't online for very long. I could see how one might think that I was just avoiding your question because of my absence, but I can categorically state that I did not give you a red chicklet. To date, I have not given anybody a negative; if the moderators do not mind, I would have them confirm that this is true.

Further, I have revised my previous statement of 'It is extremely unlikely that I will give any person a negative vote.' to

I will never give a person a negative vote.

I cannot believe that you think I would do that.

Regards

Last edited:
M

miklorsmith

Full Audioholic
Not me!

Don't look over here, Bucklemeister. I'm in your corner, dawg. I swear. Look, gypsies! (sounds of Miklor running away fast) Seriously though, I'm with you - I doubt I'll be giving any cinnamon gum without some egregious crime.

Certainly, I won't for disagreeing with someone's point. If that was the M.O., I'd be sinking like the Titanic!

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
jaxvon said:
Maturity is a state of mind, not necessarily a result of age. Hell, I'm only 18...so ...so there!
Oh, I was kidding on the 17 thing.... :eek:

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I was too lazy to actually check what you had entered. I know there's a few kids on the boards that are like 15,16,17, and ME....18.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis