Latest Reputation Received

wire

wire

Senior Audioholic
Jack Hammer said:
Seth=L & Wire,
Why would you possibly give someone positive ratings solely based on them being upset that someone else gave them bad reputation and they complained about it? It does nothing positive for the way others will percieve you here.

Ronnie, this isn't intended as an attack on you personally, I don't know who gave you bad rep and/or what posts you made brought it on. My point is that the reputation function may be somewhat useless, though well intended, but it has a purpose. That purpose is not to make some one feel better who is upset that someone left them negative feedback with no explanation.

And you are absolutely right, if someone wants to leave you feedback, especially bad feedback, they should have b@lls enough to sign their names. Otherwise, they are just cowards.

Jack
Jack
I really dont like this . This is a audio forum , how bad can opinons get ?
I probably will never look at again . If i dont like certain equipment , so what , its just what i think :) , dont take it personally :eek: .
So bottom line i think the rating system sucks :) . ( maybe ill give everyone postive ratings , whom has a red dot :)) .
Ronnie you almost into the green yet :) .

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I have seen members with red dots and found absolutlely no negative posts they have made. I don't understand why someone would rate another member poorly unless they are a troll, they are being vulgar, or some other inappropriate thing on the forum.

I gave the positive remark because it is my right to, and it doesn't hurt anything. Just because someone disagrees about one or to things that doesn't mean they should receive some kind of mark that implies they know nothing, or shouldn't be listened to.

This is of course only my opinion.:)

One thing to keep in mind is this IS an AV forum, and so it's important to pay attention to who gives out good advice and has knowledge.

Let me paint a picture (this is NOT specific to anybody here):

Person A comes to forum and knows essentially nothing
Person A posts a LOT
Person A now has lots of post count and starts doling out information as if they have real knowledge (but really just regurgitating what they hear online)
Person B sees Person A's high post count and thinks that person must be very knowledgable and follows their (possibly bad) advice.

The ratings system should be used to rate people's true knowledge and ability to accurately help... imho. Rather than as a "buddy" system. Otherwise how are people to distinguish between people who a) simply have a lot of free time to post, and/or b) actually have a lot of knowledge but post very little.

Food for thought. In either case, I wouldn't get offended by green or red chicklets - once you understand what they are for. Strive to get "greened" for demonstrating your increasing knowledge of audio!

A

Ampdog

Audioholic
Clint,

I was just about to ask when you replied - thanks for elucidating. I accept the good intentions.

But I have a question, without belabouring the subject too much. Say one of these folks with more posting energy and time than knowledge, is corrected (justly) by another member. But the former takes it personally and gives the latter a red mark just for the ....... (unidentified, of course).

This may mean a whole lot of work, but my feeling would be that such judgment - let us say at least the negative indications, should be monitored by a moderator. (OK, I cannot recall whether it is noted what the negative mark was for, so possibly quite a lot of work for a few!) Or is there a misunderstanding somewhere?

Thanks.

What really bites about the system is that it's not reputation-driven... it's post-count-driven... which almost defeats the purpose. In other words, people who post alot have more power in giving reps (positive or negative) than anyone else... I'm going to look and see if there's a way to change this.

I'd rather reps drove reps...

But, in the scheme of things, this is pretty unimportant stuff.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
majorloser said:
I don't care what anybody says, that's funny!

These are the best commercials I've seen in years! They're the best, so politically incorrect, it must have the PC police spinning their collective pin heads! I'm surprised no one's complained yet!:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Clint DeBoer said:
What really bites about the system is that it's not reputation-driven... it's post-count-driven... which almost defeats the purpose. In other words, people who post alot have more power in giving reps (positive or negative) than anyone else... I'm going to look and see if there's a way to change this.

I'd rather reps drove reps...

But, in the scheme of things, this is pretty unimportant stuff.
So what you're saying is that the higher the posts, the higher the damage?

Sweet! Only 1 person has more posts them me!

SheepStar

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Sheep said:
So what you're saying is that the higher the posts, the higher the damage?

Sweet! Only 1 person has more posts them me!

SheepStar
Who is that?

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Sheep said:
Mtrycrafts.

SheepStar
So Sheep technically you and Mtry can ruin everybody's rep(would that include Clint's?). Coool, you guys can own this place.LOL:D

goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
I think well-thought out questions and interesting forum topics are as important as knowlegeable answers. I thought ronnie 1.8's forum topic was interesting and provocative, so I gave him positive feedback to add to his rep. Big props to ronnie 1.8!

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
The point is................... WHO CARES!?!?!

I've never understood the point of online rep. I am a Chargers fan and post every once in a while on the Raiders board. I've probably got about -1,000 rep over there. What's the point? Is it supposed to bruise my fragile online ego?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
goodman said:
I think well-thought out questions and interesting forum topics are as important as knowlegeable answers. I thought ronnie 1.8's forum topic was interesting and provocative, so I gave him positive feedback to add to his rep. Big props to ronnie 1.8!
The Negative came in a thread about the Denon Link.

While -40 maybe a bit much, he was way off with his statements.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
darien87 said:
The point is................... WHO CARES!?!?!

I've never understood the point of online rep. I am a Chargers fan and post every once in a while on the Raiders board. I've probably got about -1,000 rep over there. What's the point? Is it supposed to bruise my fragile online ego?
Well, if you ever want someone to listen to you and your rep meter says "don't listen to this person" you're going to have a hard time being heard.

SheepStar

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
stratman said:
These are the best commercials I've seen in years! They're the best, so politically incorrect, it must have the PC police spinning their collective pin heads! I'm surprised no one's complained yet!:D
I guess even THEY need the ol' chiclet system! ;)

By the way, you are SO way off topic. 100 red chiclets for you. (J/K!) ;)

wire

wire

Senior Audioholic
stratman said:
So Sheep technically you and Mtry can ruin everybody's rep(would that include Clint's?). Coool, you guys can own this place.LOL:D
Hehe :D
Now its getting funny :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis