Last system I will ever need to own

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I didn't use the AV Controller app for MusicCast. I just used the MusicCast app.

I can't remember exactly now. :D But I'm guessing I added a ROOM. It was during the initial setup using the MusicCast app. I know I had to go back into MusicCast app and changed the Settings to rename the Room to "Back Porch" and also to add the picture of the back porch to MusicCast app.

Ok I found it. I had to go to the settings at top right icon. Then to the main room then enable zone 2 and name it Garage. Now it functions independently. Sweet!!! :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ok I found it. I had to go to the settings at top right icon. Then to the main room then enable zone 2 and name it Garage. Now it functions independently. Sweet!!! :)
Yeah it's so cool how you can just turn On and Off Zone 2 without even turning on Zone 1. It feels like having 2 separate AVRs.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah it's so cool how you can just turn On and Off Zone 2 without even turning on Zone 1. It feels like having 2 separate AVRs.
That and the GF kept accidentally pushing “Party mode” using the regular controller app. LOL :)

R

rfancey

Audiophyte
I've been selling all my Denon's. Today I just sold my last Denon - the AVR-5308CI.

Will be replacing it with the Yamaha RX-A3080, which is scheduled to ship today.
How much is a 5308ci worth today, right now?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Dunno if he's gonna get THAT, but I think I've seen them go for 5-700 bucks still. It's a beastly receiver.
So how much do you think my Denon AVP-A1HDCI is worth today? :D :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Pawn Shop wouldn't give 100 bucks for a AVR that old.
Oh now c'mon, Mike. I paid $5,500 for the 5308 when it was brand new before I became a dealer. :D

Gotta be worth more than 100 bucks. :D

How much would the pawn shop give me for my $7500 AVP-A1HDCI?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not much different than the 5308 per ebay.....https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=Denon+AVP-A1HD&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=denon+5308&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Oh now c'mon, Mike. I paid $5,500 for the 5308 when it was brand new before I became a dealer. :D

Gotta be worth more than 100 bucks. :D

How much would the pawn shop give me for my $7500 AVP-A1HDCI?
lol, Well Pawn Shops pay about 1/4 of whole sale so maybe more.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
On a side note, anyone read today that China is stock piling chips and chip making machines so the US will have a shortage. Better get you audio gear now!! China SUCKS!!!!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
On a side note, anyone read today that China is stock piling chips and chip making machines so the US will have a shortage. Better get you audio gear now!!
Wow. That's not cool of them! :mad:

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It's a shame so many quality receivers with EXT. IN 7.1 inputs are being overlooked as amps. Getting two of them on the cheap to use with a new processor makes good money sense.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
On a side note, anyone read today that China is stock piling chips and chip making machines so the US will have a shortage. Better get you audio gear now!! China SUCKS!!!!
Doh! You edited it. I laughed when I first read it. I almost got the chits.:D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Find the right guy and you'll probably get more than you should! :p

1k might be the right price for the 5308. I can't remember the last time I actually saw one sold and was just taking a shot in the dark. To me 1k sounds a little high imo, but then again it was a flagship receiver for its day and packs a lot more power than just about anything out now. What does that thing weigh? Like 40-50 lbs?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis