Last system I will ever need to own

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You're right. 4.5 hrs is too long. :) One thing I love about home theater - I could pause and take a break every 30 min if I wanted.

The AV journey was long for sure. It reminds me of college. And all this packing and moving process. Buying, selling, and upgrading gears had its moments. But I wouldn't want to do it over and over again.

Hopefully this is my last house as well. All I want to do after this whole thing is listen to music and watch movies and shows. I don't ever want to buy, sell, pack, or move again after this. :)
Yep, the rest of my audio gear is going to be diy now or just a replacement thing.....until I'm sucked into something new of course but don't see anything tempting on the horizon at the moment. :) I definitely am not moving again, did that far too many times already.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Placing Steel Rods under all concrete (foundation & driveways).

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
Are you planning to do the room in a room or any other sound isolating?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Are you planning to do the room in a room or any other sound isolating?
Well, the HT room walls will be 6", instead of 4". The exterior walls are 6" foam insulation. I was planning 6" fiberglass insulation for the interior walls. Plus use the Green Glue Damping compound with the Double Drywall.

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
I am going on the assumption that your SO is more easy going than mine:p. I would be required to be 'respectful' to the rest of the household.

That being said I would totally have whole home audio :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am going on the assumption that your SO is more easy going than mine:p. I would be required to be 'respectful' to the rest of the household.

That being said I would totally have whole home audio :D
Oh yeah, my HT room is my Domain. She does have control over the rest of the house. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How 'bout some arrows pointing out your future man cave?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
How 'bout some arrows pointing out your future man cave?
Posts #63-65 showed pictures of the HT room & equipment closet. It doesn't look very interesting right now. Here is a pic of the entrance to the HT room.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Um, OK has tornadoes and earthquakes... I hope they use metal strapping on your walls!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Um, OK has tornadoes and earthquakes... I hope they use metal strapping on your walls!
What is "metal strapping" ?

I think they just use nails for the walls here.

We have tornado shelters. But I think everyone assumes that if a tornado hits the house directly and pulls off all the bricks, rocks, and roofs, "metal straps" probably won't stop the tornado either.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis