Last system I will ever need to own

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just got the green light from the boss to add a 500SF HT room to the house, extending from the 20' x 18' family room, so I am thinking 20' x 25' x 12' ceiling. This should definitely be big enough for my five big RBH SX-T2/R towers.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
That's what you think..May be for now. The high does wear off sooner or later, then you need another fix. More bigger and more better.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Looks amazing, must be hard to leave your seat once you fire it up.
Yep, one "bad" thing about lying on a lazy lounge and plush pillow is that it is difficult to get up sometimes. :)

Many times when I'm tired, I just fall ASLEEP right there in the lazy lounge and plush pillow, especially when watching "Planet Earth". :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yea, cuz that big room you're adding on will stay "empty" with only those RBH towers for many years to come :p

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That's what you think..May be for now. The high does wear off sooner or later, then you need another fix. More bigger and more better.
You think I need a bigger room than 20' x 25' x 12' ?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yea, cuz that big room you're adding on will stay "empty" with only those RBH towers for many years to come :p
Will see. :)

I still haven't had a transient thought of buying new speakers or amps. I've been too busy being lazy on my comfy lounge watching all the great TV shows and movies. :eek:

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
You think I need a bigger room than 20' x 25' x 12' ?
I don't think you need a bigger room, but in the future you will get the itch (new amps-new speakers). When I picked up my Cinepro Evo2 System I told John that's my last upgrade on speakers. John said you'll be back one more time, he said I know you Walter you want be completely done with your speaker upgrade till you get these http://www.cinepro.com/BFM_9-18-10_BLK.pdf and then you'll be set.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think you need a bigger room, but in the future you will get the itch (new amps-new speakers). When I picked up my Cinepro Evo2 System I told John that's my last upgrade on speakers. John said you'll be back one more time, he said I know you Walter you want be completely done with your speaker upgrade till you get these http://www.cinepro.com/BFM_9-18-10_BLK.pdf and then you'll be set.
High-efficiency speakers? That's really no different than those other 130dB speakers from JBL, JTR, Seaton, etc.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
High-efficiency speakers? That's really no different than those other 130dB speakers from JBL, JTR, Seaton, etc.
For what I pay for speakers (and amps), JBL, JTR, Seaton would cost me a hell of a lot more.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
New construction of my custom 5400SF house with 22'W x 26'D x 14'H HT room + 8'W x 12'D x 10'H HT Closet officially started last week.

I took last week off work and did a lot of PACKING. My whole body is sore. :eek:

Just packing the 5 RBH SX-T2/R towers alone = 10 big 80 LBS boxes! :eek:

Thank gods for dolly carts. :)

Also packed the ATI AT3005, AT3002 and AT2004 amps.

So my current HT room now only has the Linkwitz Orion, Denon AVP-A1HDCI, ATI AT6012 amp, HTPC, BenQ Projectors and 120" Screen. :D

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
New construction of my custom 5400SF house with 22'W x 26'D x 14'H HT room + 8'W x 12'D x 10'H HT Closet officially started last week.

I took last week off work and did a lot of PACKING. My whole body is sore. :eek:

So my current HT room now only has the Linkwitz Orion, Denon AVP-A1HDCI, ATI AT6012 amp, HTPC, BenQ Projectors and 120" Screen. :D
If you just started construction, which can take a while, why did you start packing already? Selling your current home, so you want to get the equipment out?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If you just started construction, which can take a while, why did you start packing already? Selling your current home, so you want to get the equipment out?
I won't be selling the current house until I have moved into the new house.

I took the week off work to just relax at home. That was my plan. And we know how plans go. :D

But then I thought to myself that sooner or later I would have to pack anyway. So I thought that I would just pack the 2 surround SX-T2/R towers and pack the rest later. Then one thing led to another. Next thing I know half of an unused bedroom is filled with packed boxes. :D

But I am glad I did all that. It will save me a lot of time later when I do move in August.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

Let me get this straight.
ADTG - You're obviously successful at what you do. You've clearly do spend large money near frivolously on Audio...

Yet, you decide to wear your own health and week of time to do packing boxes??? Wouldn't be more effective to use it earn much more $ and let "cost effective" labor to do the packing and back breaking????

What am I missing here?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Let me get this straight.
ADTG - You're obviously successful at what you do. You've clearly do spend large money near frivolously on Audio...

Yet, you decide to wear your own health and week of time to do packing boxes??? Wouldn't be more effective to use it earn much more $ and let "cost effective" labor to do the packing and back breaking????

What am I missing here?
I see your point. :)

However, I don't trust anyone with my audio video equipment. :)

I will hire movers to handle the really big and heavy equipment. But just not my HT.

In addition, I am pretty careful when it comes to lifting techniques. I did take 2 weight training courses when I was younger. :D That and the application of physics were put to good use. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

My new construction 22'Wx 26'Dx 14'H HT room + 8'W x 12'D x 10'H HT closet is underway.

The waiting sure is the hardest part. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Speaking of MKVMerge, I found out a neat trick to join 2 videos together.

The Lord of the Rings BD Extended Editions are very long. For example, The Return of the King is like 4.5 hrs & 70 GB total, so they split the movie into Disc 1 & Disc 2.

So I used MKVMerge to join the 2 discs into 1 long 4.5HR/70GB movie. :)
I like that idea, but can anyone besides you actually sit thru the whole 4.5 hrs without a break, though? I know I could, but I don't think any of my friends could go without a break in there....

Glad to see you've come to a happy place in your av journey!

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan

My new construction 22'Wx 26'Dx 14'H HT room + 8'W x 12'D x 10'H HT closet is underway.

The waiting sure is the hardest part. :)
Especially when you pack up your system months before you really need to.

Is that a tornado shelter I see? If so, good investment.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I like that idea, but can anyone besides you actually sit thru the whole 4.5 hrs without a break, though? I know I could, but I don't think any of my friends could go without a break in there....

Glad to see you've come to a happy place in your av journey!
You're right. 4.5 hrs is too long. :) One thing I love about home theater - I could pause and take a break every 30 min if I wanted.

The AV journey was long for sure. It reminds me of college. And all this packing and moving process. Buying, selling, and upgrading gears had its moments. But I wouldn't want to do it over and over again.

Hopefully this is my last house as well. All I want to do after this whole thing is listen to music and watch movies and shows. I don't ever want to buy, sell, pack, or move again after this. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Especially when you pack up your system months before you really need to.

Is that a tornado shelter I see? If so, good investment.
Yes. That is the underground tornado shelter. It is installed before the foundation is poured. Gotta have one of these in OKC. :)

I was definitely overzealous packing most of my gears. :D

Good thing I have 2 speakers systems. The Linkwitz Orion have been a great backup system. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis