Klipsch RP8000f's vs JBL studio 590's

KirkJBL590

KirkJBL590

Junior Audioholic
You won't believe it but the 530's are back...
I cant post any links yet, im still new here but go check out the website. I couldn't believe my eyes when those popped up. We all thought they were gone. Back ordered right now until 6/20.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Very good prices, that was a very short time between the last 590 sale at $500 each (I looked recently and had gone back up to $1000), and now $470 is even better (but not quite the $450 ea I paid a couple years ago). Maybe they just don't sell at msrp?

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
Dam tempting Me... I promised wife no new speakers for 5 years after the JBL 220s and infinity R162s lol

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The new 590s on JBLs site are cheaper than the refurbished ones on Harman's site... so tempting....
Heck there even cheaper then when I bought them for 500 new! Hmmmm for more for my surrounds! o_O
I cant post any links yet, im still new here but go check out the website. I couldn't believe my eyes when those popped up. We all thought they were gone. Back ordered right now until 6/20.
I'm definetly going to check it out I really hope they pick the line up again!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Very good prices, that was a very short time between the last 590 sale at $500 each (I looked recently and had gone back up to $1000), and now $470 is even better (but not quite the $450 ea I paid a couple years ago). Maybe they just don't sell at msrp?
Do they ever do sales on the 580's lovin? because when they do I'm all over a couple pairs

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Honestly I think they are worth the full price of admission. But I love it when they go on sale

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Honestly I think they are worth the full price of admission. But I love it when they go on sale
Yeah I definitely prefer the sale price, tho. I just wonder overall whether this is indicative of a furtherance/continuance of the Studio 5 series or just clearing out warehouses or something....the spotty sales, the spotty availability of the 530/520....haven't seen a 570 for a while and not much on the 580.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Holy schmolies Batman! They have em I've gotta call em and see if this means they are keeping an going I want to order some so bad! There already back ordered to the 20th! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
LOL thought you were going to do the 590s as surrounds....

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
Wonder why infinity offers a life time warranty, But JBL only offers a 5 year?

Also curious as to how the JBL 530s stack up vs the infinity R162s.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
LOL thought you were going to do the 590s as surrounds....
Lol I wouldn't mind going with bookshelf 530's for my bedroom set that's a killer sale on those

Yeah for the new theater room I would LOVVVVVVEEE to go all 590's for surrounds but I'm not sure the room is quiet big enough so I think the long term goal is all 580's for surrounds with my 590's upfront.

But the 580's never seem to go on sale and the 590's go on killer sale all the time so I might just say f@$! It and do all 590's

Ohhhhh boy all 590's with my 2 PB 4000's would simply be friggin insane!!!!. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:o_O

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Lol I wouldn't mind going with bookshelf 530's for my bedroom set that's a killer sale on those

Yeah for the new theater room I would LOVVVVVVEEE to go all 590's for surrounds but I'm not sure the room is quiet big enough so I think the long term goal is all 580's for surrounds with my 590's upfront.

But the 580's never seem to go on sale and the 590's go on killer sale all the time so I might just say f@$! It and do all 590's

Ohhhhh boy all 590's with my 2 PB 4000's would simply be friggin insane!!!!. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:o_O

The 530s will do just fine for bedroom duties I'd think. Never tried them on their own as 2ch myself, I've only used them as rear surrounds and wides.

KirkJBL590

KirkJBL590

Junior Audioholic
The 530s will do just fine for bedroom duties I'd think. Never tried them on their own as 2ch myself, I've only used them as rear surrounds and wides.
How do they sound as surrounds? I was thinking about that but are the compression drivers too direct? My credit card is speaking to me...

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
How do they sound as surrounds? I was thinking about that but are the compression drivers too direct? My credit card is speaking to me...
I have studio 220s as surrounds and studio 210s as atmos, they seem to work well,

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis