KLH Making A Come Back?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
B&W learned that lesson the hard way - unprotected tweeters leads to a massive headache of customer calls, returns, and parts replacement.
That depends on their profit margin for replacing the tweeters.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Anyone here gotten the chance to give the new KLH speakers a listen? More specifically, has anyone heard the Albany bookshelfs? Much more interested in them than the towers. Just curious is all. Hopefully, someone here can chime in.:)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Guess not. If anyone does get to listen to the new KLH speakers please share your initial impressions. It would be most appreciated. Thanks!:)

Cheers,

Phil

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Noticed that Crutchfield is now selling the KLH brand of loudspeakers. They appear to be new in design as well. Perhaps the KLH brand is in rebuilding mode? Here is a link:

https://www.crutchfield.com/shopsearch/klh_speakers.html

I must admit they sure look good. What do you think? Does it look promising for KLH?

Cheers,

Phil
The KLH brand was sold last year and now owned/run/marketed by a 5 man team made up of ex-Klipsch execs..
Give them a few years to show what they can do..

Just my $0.02... ;)

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
I was wrong about the tweeters - they do have a protective mesh cover over them.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The KLH brand was sold last year and now owned/run/marketed by a 5 man team made up of ex-Klipsch execs..
Give them a few years to show what they can do..

Just my $0.02... ;)
Yeah I am aware of all of that. But, they claim to have everything in stock and ready for delivery. Figured someone has heard them by now. There are a few user reviews over @Crutchfield. Was hoping someone here has heard them. Looking forward to seeing what they can do and how well they are received.

Cheers,

Phil

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Wow! KLH Audio even has a few subs in their repertoire. Unfortunately, there is a lot of competition out there. I do, however, wish them the very best. Here is a link:

http://www.klhaudio.com/product/stratton-12-subwoofer/

The Stratton certainly looks promising. But, in the $800 price range the competition is extremely fierce. However, it will be interesting to see how the Stratton does though.
That sure looks like a Rythmik F12SE to me.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
-3db at 25Hz from dual 6.5" woofers. The laws of marketing have defeated the laws of physics yet again!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
More like F12SE wanna be. "1000w",right...
And -3db at 25hz from $800 sub is imo underachieving would be a polite way of naming it's performance.
Yeah the drivers do look a lot alike. But, specs wise it is not even close let alone in the same league. Who knows though it may turn out to be a decent sub. Only time will tell.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
That sure looks like a Rythmik F12SE to me.
At least the drivers look similar. Specs wise as BSA points out it is not even close to the F12SE. Their other offerings look just like Energy speakers to me.:)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Guess not. If anyone does get to listen to the new KLH speakers please share your initial impressions. It would be most appreciated. Thanks!:)

Cheers,

Phil
I wish I had the free time, since Charlottesville (Crutchfield HQ) isn't very far from me, but alas... :confused:

I also don't own any measuring equipment besides my ears, and if I were to check them out I would want to verify the lofty specs they have published. Your best bet is to wait for an official review and test, because they might get called out on some of those numbers.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I wish I had the free time, since Charlottesville (Crutchfield HQ) isn't very far from me, but alas... :confused:

I also don't own any measuring equipment besides my ears, and if I were to check them out I would want to verify the lofty specs they have published. Your best bet is to wait for an official review and test, because they might get called out on some of those numbers.
Oh I am just curious about them. Not really looking to buy any KLH. But, I do agree that their specs look a little too good to be true. Will wait and see if they can do what they claim. I do wish them well.:)

Cheers,

Phil

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
I was more referring to its overall appearance, dimensions, etc. If you look at the two of them together it's almost a spitting image. When it comes to SQ and the components used I too doubt they're in the same league.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I was more referring to its overall appearance, dimensions, etc. If you look at the two of them together it's almost a spitting image. When it comes to SQ and the components used I too doubt they're in the same league.
Jim the driver is the first thing that I noticed that had me comparing to Rythmik. I am not hating on KLH as I hope that they do well. Will be keeping my eye on them as they have piqued my curiosity. Maybe some review items coming your way. :)

Cheers,

Phil

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
At least the drivers look similar. Specs wise as BSA points out it is not even close to the F12SE. Their other offerings look just like Energy speakers to me.:)

Cheers,

Phil
Rythmik designs their own drivers and has them manufactured to their specs, likely out of China.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The driver looks like its using the same cone as the Rythmik, but my guess is its probably not much like Rythmik's subs otherwise. However, I wouldn't just assume that it isn't as good as Rythmik's products. Not much is known about it- maybe it could be very good.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Jim the driver is the first thing that I noticed that had me comparing to Rythmik. I am not hating on KLH as I hope that they do well. Will be keeping my eye on them as they have piqued my curiosity. Maybe some review items coming your way. :)
lol

I'll see what happens with them. KLH did have a solid name at one point, as did most of the companies Henry Kloss started (Advent, Acoustic Research, Cambridge Soundworks), but this company is Henry's in name only.

I did reach out to Enrico at Rythmik to ask about these subs and he told me they are merely a physical match, Rythmik had no part in their design or engineering. Pretty much what we all assumed, but now it's official.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The driver looks like its using the same cone as the Rythmik, but my guess is its probably not much like Rythmik's subs otherwise. However, I wouldn't just assume that it isn't as good as Rythmik's products. Not much is known about it- maybe it could be very good.
Yeah the cone does look similar. I am not making any judgments at all. Actually, I hope that KLH will do well. Just curious to see how and what they can do.

Cheers,

Phil

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

lol

I'll see what happens with them. KLH did have a solid name at one point, as did most of the companies Henry Kloss started (Advent, Acoustic Research, Cambridge Soundworks), but this company is Henry's in name only.

I did reach out to Enrico at Rythmik to ask about these subs and he told me they are merely a physical match, Rythmik had no part in their design or engineering. Pretty much what we all assumed, but now it's official.
There probably aren't many speaker cabinet manufacturers in China, leading to near lookalikes from different brands. There are so many "skinny towers" out there now that can barely be told apart at first glance.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis