KLH Making A Come Back?

P

Paperweight

Audiophyte
I just saw the KLH Kendall speakers today. When I saw the comment that they look like Energy speakers, I went looking around. They are almost exactly like an Energy RC-70 tower speaker with a slight reskin. They are almost the exact same driver compliment, dimensions, crossover points, frequency response and sensitivity.

World Wide Stereo lists the frequency response at 33-23,000Hz and the sensitivity at 92dB. The single speaker lists the above specs while the pairs list the same inflated numbers Crutchfield has.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I just saw the KLH Kendall speakers today. When I saw the comment that they look like Energy speakers, I went looking around. They are almost exactly like an Energy RC-70 tower speaker with a slight reskin. They are almost the exact same driver compliment, dimensions, crossover points, frequency response and sensitivity.

World Wide Stereo lists the frequency response at 33-23,000Hz and the sensitivity at 92dB. The single speaker lists the above specs while the pairs list the same inflated numbers Crutchfield has.
Strength in Numbers! :D

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
That is what I was thinking, Energy sonic sound signature -- the audio world tends to be strange at times

G

ghartog

Audiophyte
I just acquired a pair of the new KLH Cambridge floor standing speakers. They sound great and they are beautiful to look at. I compared Klipsch, Polk, Wharfedale and the KLH. The KLH sounded best in the store. They had deep punchy bass that I like coupled with good definition across the spectrum and a pleasant musical sound. I am powering them with a Sony STRDN-1080, I am using the Bi-Amp feature of the Sony, and I have placed the speakers about 17.5 inches from a wall. I only have the Cambridge pair; no sub, no surrounds. The room I have them is large with 9 foot ceilings and a mixture of hardwood floors, rugs, couches and various pieces of wood furniture which makes for typical acoustics. The room does not add any overt coloring to the sound that I am aware of.

Listening to them is pure joy. I don't know if there is a breaking in period in which case they may even sound better in month or so. I also had a helluva time configuring the Sony and the Bi-Amping as I am old school and this is my first rodeo with a modern receiver. I am used to RCA jacks, phono inputs and tape monitors. I got the receiver as an open box special, so it was missing the calibration mike. Sony uses a stereo mike for calibration. All I had was a single channel mike which I used to calibrate but I have ordered a Sony mike which should get here at the end of the week. When it does I will recalibrate and see if that makes a difference. If it does great but if it doesn't I am good. Like I said, these are seriously fine sounding speakers.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
@ghartog glad to hear that you are liking your KLH towers. I am not a bit surprised b/c KLH seems to being well from what I garner. Really not a tower guy myself. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Perhaps, it will be helpful to others sitting on the fence so to speak.:)

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis