Pwner_2130

Pwner_2130

Audioholic
What do you guys recommend for a movie with the best hardcore explosions for my sub? So far the best i have heard are in transformers, the part on the matrix revolutions where Neo is talking to the head machine ball - dude, and Letters from Iwo Jima

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Check out the tap scene with Darla in Finding Nemo or the depth charges in U571. Die Hard is pretty good for a great DTS show aswell.

Edit: Also, if you do a search this has been discussed many times.

Last edited:
OttoMatic

OttoMatic

Senior Audioholic
Yep, Darla from Finding Nemo is huge. Also from "Nemo" the scene where the submarine dislodges and falls into the abyss -- not as utterly "big" as the Darla scene, but deeper.

Another good scene is the "Emerging Pods" in War Of The Worlds.

The "Ring Drop" scene from one of the Lord of the Rings movies -- can't remember which one right now; it might be the first one "The Fellowship of the Ring" where Sauron's finger is cut off and the ring hits the ground... Good, tight, deep.

Have fun!

Pwner_2130

Pwner_2130

Audioholic
I agree with the pods scene, (War of the Worlds) that really shook my room!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I agree, a search is the best idea.

The Haunting DTS-ES
U571
War of the Worlds - at least 6 or 7 scenes; bass is a little hot actually, but it is fun too.
Master & Commander - the cannon scene.

The Sauron scene isn't that deep, just loud. All 3 movies have good bass overall.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Das Boot. It also happens to be a great movie, regardless of one's interest in bass.

Pwner_2130

Pwner_2130

Audioholic
Thanks you guys this forum is excellent...can't wait to rent all of those mentioned

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
The Incredibles has some good bass in it too, and lots of good surround as well.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I saw a waterfall of Then Incredibles and there is one scene that dips to 5Hz. Batman Begins has one scene that showed 2Hz!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I saw a waterfall of Then Incredibles and there is one scene that dips to 5Hz. Batman Begins has one scene that showed 2Hz!
What scene was batman begins? I know the Incredibles is when those spinny blade things are chasing the brat one...

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It is the scene where Batman confronts the doctor and he uses a little of the doctor's own medicine on him.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
It is the scene where Batman confronts the doctor and he uses a little of the doctor's own medicine on him.
Ohhhh, yeah that scene was pretty bad ***. Have you seen the Initial D live action movie? Great use of surrounds and car noises.

SheepStar

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Hmmm, Killer bass movies. I don't think I know of any. There is a killer piranha movie but I don't think they are related to bass, and Jaws is a shark not a bass. There a several killer croc movies and they eat bass and there is that movie the frogs where a whole bunch of stuff goes crazy and starts killing but no bass. Nope I just don't know of a killer bass movies.

Oh you meant bass not bass. Never mind:D

M

mkinder

Audioholic Intern
I watched Superman Returns the other day. What a great demo disc, not just the sub but for the surrounds as well.

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
"Flight of the Phoenix" (the latest version with Dennis McQuaid) the opening scenes during the Johnny Cash song when the plane goes overhead at low altitude... not once but twice in a row. Wow. my SVS sub loves it.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I know this thread pops up repeatedly but I can't help chiming in. The 5 DVDs I put in my player when I want to show off some loud are as follows:

1. LOTR: FOTR - Balrog, Mines of Moria
  2. U-571 - Depth charge scenes
  3. Matrix Revolutions - APU/ Sentinel Battle Scenes
  4. War of the Worlds - Tripod Emerging from the street
  5. SW: Attack of the Clones - Opening scene where Ambassador's ship is flying through the clouds on approach

S

SamW

Enthusiast
Mr. and Mrs. Smith

There are some excellent Home Theater Demo disks out there...I use this site:

http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/

to read reviews on the different Demos...but then have to go to Ebay to actually buy one. Some of the bass in the demos just can't be beat. Another classic that everyone seems to use to test bass is Jurassic Park and the T-Rex scene.

All that said...my favorite explosion after explosion movie is Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The sequences where they are trying to kill each other...and then the car chase are not only great for bass, but also totally entertaining.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis