Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
@Beave

I think the key is to avoid large areas with response dips or peaks. A speaker with very small range variations averages out more or less, vs a 3dB peak/dip that covers several octaves.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
The LS50 has a few frequency response issues, but they are not beaten overall by any studio monitor near the price. As an engineer I can tell you, you cannot look at one single graph and make a conclusion. You have to look at many aspects of performance.

AND yes they’re definitely worth it. Invest in a decent amp. Nothing crazy, but decent. You can look at this review for more details: https://speakershunter.com/kef-ls50-review/

However, the KEF LS50 Wireless comes with more advanced features that are not available in LS50. The choice is yours!
Amp from the so called "medium-beef" category, yes! Bear in mind that the actie have 200W for the mid and 30W for the tweeter. For passive ones, at least give them a respectable 100W.

Do you think, as an engineer, that you could make a more adequate XO, so to speak? To mod them?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis